One of those nights *sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those nights *sigh*

Ever had one of those days when you can't hit anything no matter what?

Yeah, me too. I just left my party due my complete and utter inability to hit anything tonight. Found them a suitable replacement for me and went on my way. Probably better off without me anyway.

Job: 42drk/war
    Gear:
    Full set of Royal Squires (inc the acc+2 mitts)
    Spike necklace
    Woodsman ring
    Deft ring
    Tilt Belt
    Beetle Earring +1 (x2)
    Nomad Mantle

Weapons:
    Mutliator (scythe, capped)
    Ice Brand (GS, capped)
    Horror Voulge (GA, capped)

Food: Bream Sushi

We were fighting VT-low IT crawlers and I couldn't hit anything at all. We even had a brd in the party. Maybe it was just one of those days. Damn I taught that air a lesson tonight, it'll think twice before it gets in my way again.

I just logged out but knowing my luck tonight I probably missed POL and ended up in Oblivion or even worse WoW.

Anyway, goodnight.

Uma xx

Re: One of those nights *sigh*

sniper rings are your friends. Plus bream sushi gives vit if I'm not mistaken. Not like it would help your acc, but try sole sushi to up your dmg. You quit a pt with a brd in it and ur a drk?! Wut were u thinking? I would've just sucked it up and hoped your luck would change.

Comment

/comfort

When I leveled DRK to Lv.51, it was well before the advent of Sushi. So all I ate was Mithkabobs, and I didn't have most of the Acc+ gear I know have. No Woodsman's x2, all I had was Life Belt, and RSE stuff for the DEX. I was in a stack, and we did a 3 man Skillchain. Slice > Red Lotus Blade (PLD) > Raging Fists. Skillchain did a lot of damage, but sometimes I had problems keeping up. (Sad when a PLD's getting TP faster than you do. I used to /cry)

Now at Lv.58 I have a Life Belt, Woodsmans x2, Lv.50 Ryl. Something hands for Acc+3, Ryl Neck piece for Atk+4, Acc+4, and Vassago's Scythe for another Acc+5. I scarf down Sole Sushi like it's going outta style, and I usually beat a Mithran THF to TP. For my Great Sword TP, I swing a Darksteel Falx so I lose Acc+5, but I don't find it difficult to build TP. Absorb-AGI helps considerably I find for high evasion mobs. Absorb-AGI on the pull before my 1st Provoke works pretty well for me.

Even then, there are times with Acc+32 and Sushi, I can still miss 3~5 times in a row. That hurts when you've spent so much gil to keep up with jobs who build TP fast, and suddenly it takes you forever to reach 100%.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Uma, you're not alone. I am totally believing that this game has this core random number generator for which everthing in this game runs on.

Apparently, you were rolling all 10s and lower between 1 and 99 for your hit rate challenge versus monster's evasion. Incredibly sheer dumb luck (or ... un-luck) for any player.

I had one session like that when I exp'd in Moon once. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for some reason for nearly 30 min. Had a hit rate of 30% against weapons that at most dropped only 160 exp. I couldn't explain it myself. This was before getting an O-Hat, but I still had way over 40+ in acc bonus from equipment and I ate sole sushi.

After the DRG disbanded from the PT and we picked up a WAR/NIN, the luck streak broke and I was hitting in the 90%s and actually not far behind the WAR/NIN in TP gaining. Was ... weird.

Was there a DRG in your PT by any chance? >_>

(You know, I was only kidding with that statement)

Comment

All i can say is welcome to the world of the Dark Knight. id have to agree with the poster above me. i leveled back in the day when the only food we had to choose from was mithkabobs, or chiefkabobs. Your gear is similar to mine accept i wore 2 sniper rings.

if you think its bad now, their are days when it will be way worse. ive had days where i had +45 acc, an couldnt hit anything vs a war with +5 acc who didnt miss anything. you just have to learn to understand it an except it. learn how to push your DD over time to make up for the poor acc. that measn more JA, more absorb spells.

Good Luck, an hang in there. your gear is good, your keeping weapons capped. thats awesome when you get int eh 60's cause you can form alot more SC, with insane numbers. were talkin 2k numbers.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Yeah, welcome to Dark Knight.

Tonight I had the same problem, but eventually my character 'kicked in' and I was alright.

Don't worry about it, and don't drop from parties because you can't hit; how on earth are you going to level if you do that?
            Standablaze
            Server: Ramuh
            Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
            Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Originally posted by Standablaze
              Don't worry about it, and don't drop from parties because you can't hit; how on earth are you going to level if you do that?
              Oh I'm not worried about it at all. Normally I'm hitting IT+ and IT++s for a good amount of damage, see my other thread from when I levelled last time.

I left the party because of my rotten luck last night and it was getting late. They were definatly better off without my laggy arse anyway. Honestly I was about as much use as a Tarutaru hairdresser in San d'Oria.

As to the levelling, no offence to any of you guys, but I don't plan on taking drk to 75. I just level it as a bit of fun when I want a break from rdm.

Oh and Bream Sushi may give not give the +str of Sole sushi but you do get 1% more acc (probably unnoticable I know but every little helps.... don't sue me please Tesco) and the +vit I get from bream really helps when I'm a trick partner. Not like I need the str when I couldn't hit it

Comment

I felt the same way fighint courels in LoO when I was 60-61. I would suggest getting another acc ring or at least a str ring instead of dex. Also I prefer sole sushi for the added str. Don't let it bother you, get back up and keep at it.
                Thanks Kazuki.
                Dragoon Equipment

Comment

If you Have ACC oozing out your brain and still cant hit, then the mob is to high. Were you killing IT++++, that might have been it. but yeah there are some days when I will whiff on IT and even on VT lol.

Just depends if the mob has high eva, if thats the case use ABS-AGI to take away the mobs eva a bit, and have the BLM cast frost, it helps alot.
                  BLM 75
                  DRK 75
                  WAR 75
                  SCH 75
                  THF 73
                  BST51
                  PLD 46
                  WHM 42
                  RDM 38
                  SAM 37
                  NIN 37
                  MNK 27
                  BLU 7 (who knows)
                  PUP 5 (staying right where it is)
                  DRG 27
                  SMN 12 (SMN75 oneday)
                  BRD 14 (no intrest as of yet)
                  RNG 5 (gil sink no thanks)
                  SAM 37
                  Beating up Gigas one at a time for their lunch money!
                  Retribution: O Spiral Hell: O Ground Strike: O Savage Blade: O Black Halo: O Evisceration: O Decimation: O Steel Cyclone: O

Comment

Originally posted by wolfjorg
                    If you Have ACC oozing out your brain and still cant hit, then the mob is to high. Were you killing IT++++, that might have been it. but yeah there are some days when I will whiff on IT and even on VT lol.

Just depends if the mob has high eva, if thats the case use ABS-AGI to take away the mobs eva a bit, and have the BLM cast frost, it helps alot.
                    As I said above, the mobs were VT to low IT. I was using Absorb-Agi too. It really was just one of those days. Crawlers have possibly one of the lowest evasion ratings of mobs around that level. Funny part was, I barely missed a swing on the same Soldier Crawlers the day earlier when I was 2 levels lower. It boggles the mind

Comment

Ive had plenty of days were I party without food and I end up hitting nothing but air. It pissed my party off so much that the Thief coul do 3 weapon skills before I caught up to get a Skillchain done. Arhhh >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Yasuhiko Ohto
                        Ive had plenty of days were I party without food and I end up hitting nothing but air. It pissed my party off so much that the Thief coul do 3 weapon skills before I caught up to get a Skillchain done. Arhhh >.<
                        I love my Bream sushi, it is my friend especially since I don't have to pay for it . Levelled my drk the other day, got a great party with a thf (so the vit+ from Bream sushi helped for being a trick partner). We were chaining VT crawlers and IT flies, worked really well and I probably only whiffed once every 10 minutes so I got to use my Puissance Ring instead of my Deft Ring (kept my Woodsman equipped).

Went pretty well, was just about to level then a massive thunderstorm started and the power went off . I'll take another shot at getting to 45 later in the week I guess.

On a side note, someone in the party next to us made a point of "suggesting", in /say, that I should be wearing my RSE for the added dex, int and mp. I love my RSE, it is possibly one of the best sets of armour around but the defence is horrible. I will use my RSE if I am not a trick partner and I have room in my inventory to take it with me along with my level appropriate set. It does feel bad to be stood in a party wearing armour that is 10-15 levels old though.

Comment

Originally posted by queenuma
                          On a side note, someone in the party next to us made a point of "suggesting", in /say, that I should be wearing my RSE for the added dex, int and mp. I love my RSE, it is possibly one of the best sets of armour around but the defence is horrible. I will use my RSE if I am not a trick partner and I have room in my inventory to take it with me along with my level appropriate set. It does feel bad to be stood in a party wearing armour that is 10-15 levels old though.
                          I have a suggestion. Have a macro (VIT+) and swap in your defensive gears and then another (ACC+) and swap in your acc gear. Have another for (STR+) weaponskills. This can help you with your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                            I have a suggestion. Have a macro (VIT+) and swap in your defensive gears and then another (ACC+) and swap in your acc gear. Have another for (STR+) weaponskills. This can help you with your situation.
                            Believe me, I am the queen of macro swaps being rdm main. I just don't have the inventory space to carry so much stuff with me on my drk. Most of it is occupied with my rdm gear in my bazaar that won't fit in my mh. I use storage npcs as much as possible and have gobbie bag 3 or 4 done but all my part Af sets and other rare/ex items still fill out my mh . I have a few pieces swapped in/out for casting (wisdom rings, black silk neck, etc).

Anyway thank you for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by queenuma
                              Believe me, I am the queen of macro swaps being rdm main. I just don't have the inventory space to carry so much stuff with me on my drk. Most of it is occupied with my rdm gear in my bazaar that won't fit in my mh. I use storage npcs as much as possible and have gobbie bag 3 or 4 done but all my part Af sets and other rare/ex items still fill out my mh . I have a few pieces swapped in/out for casting (wisdom rings, black silk neck, etc).

Anyway thank you for the advice.
                              You only need to swap a couple of pieces here and there, keeping your focus on maximum returns for the hassle (Rather than swapping in one VIT+2 piece, I'd rather a VIT+1 and STR+1 piece since that saves you two slots or getting just one piece that returns +4 VIT and similarly finding one for the other areas in other stats)

As for rare/ex filling your MH, you should consider furnishings and MH quests. When I hit 60 on DRK the first time around, I had 50 slot inventory, 80 slot MH and another 30 slots storage (net gained) Also I do have 15 mules now >.>

Comment

Working...
                              X