This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tripple Attack+3%

There is a new level 75 rare/ex great sword, War/Pld/Drk that gives "Tripple Attack +3%". I saw a Drk in Jueno standing around showing it off. Does any one know exactly how it works? Is it like Ridill or Karken where it occasionally attacks multiple times? Does it give you the tripple attack ability? Or does is work in some other way?

Re: Tripple Attack+3%

Every 100 attacks, on average, you will get 3 triple attacks, unless you have homam body.
    Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

It works exactly as if you were a Thief with Triple Attack, except that the Thief's Triple Attack job trait gives them a fair bit of Triple Attack, wheras, as a Dark Knight, you start off with 0%.

When Triple Attack goes off, you attack 3 times instead of once, just as how with Double Attack you attack twice.
      Brodrik
      Drk75/Thf69/Blm65/War37/Sam37/Nin37/Whm37
      PanicMotion

Comment

Probably works like the Indra Katars and gives you a % to Triple Attack, even if you don't have that trait. A very seksay great sword indeed :D
        Valerian of Diabolos
        75DRK/75BRD/75MNK/55WAR/50BLM/49SAM/47PLD/ 45THF/39WHM/38NIN

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Well, it has to. Thieves can't use it and nobody subbing Thief can get Triple Attack. :-)

Actually, every (as far as I know) "Something"+N or +N% item around works as if you had that trait, only starting at zero. The same goes for "Enhnances X" items, with the exception of Dual Wield.
          Brodrik
          PanicMotion

Comment

There are foods that give % double attack (Maybe even triple) and when paired with this sword and other pieces of armor, the chances of having a proc goes up quite a bit.

Comment

same goes for "Enhnances X" items, with the exception of Dual Wield.
              So, If I equip that new "Amir Corazza (body w/e)" on my DRK, I will get Zanshin?
              In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
              And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
              Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
              Yeah, It’s true.
              It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Are you talking about the Algol, the sword that cerberus drops?
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Yes he is. It is the only non-thf weapon in the game that currently gives triple attack+ The only other items that enhance triple attack are homam body, triple dagger and thf AF2 boots.
                  Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

Yea.

I saw a DRK using it on Attercops just outside Al-Zhabi, did impressive damage (theyre EP @ 75 though...) and i saw Triple Attack proc twice in about 20 attacks, seems like a great weapon, however it contradicts SE's attemtp to give DRKs more uses for scythes...
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Yeah, aside from relic, this is probably now the best Gsword in the game. Anyway, as was shown on the chart at ffxi fan festival, they will be making job adjustments later on. I'm guessing they will give drk scythe mastery and war gaxe mastery due to their comments as well as the addition of shield mastery for pld, though the change may be anything.
                      Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

Is Cerberus an HNM type monster?

Anyone got some info on spawn conditions or anything?

Comment

Don't forget Indra Katars. They're a non-Thf weapon that gives Triple Attack. :-)

If you equip the Amir Corazza you should get Zanshin, yes. You just won't get the base proc rate that Samurai do. Of course, if it modifies Zanshin by making it better rather than just making it more frequent (since all it says is "Enhances"), you won't get Zanshin. :p Some items do this (a piece of Samurai AF2 comes to mind), but I think they're all job-specific already.
                          Brodrik
                          PanicMotion

Comment

Triple attack doesn't happen often, but it does seem to happen in WS, so it's also nice.

It's also the highest attack besides relic as someone mentioned.

The puppy pops a little bit more then nid, so this is on par with ridill, though a little easier to get. (May get harder as more HNMLS contend for it).

The drop rate isn't great, but not bad...as far as we know(maybe just begininer's luck)

The puppy puts up quite a fight, so look out Also I believe he has the highest def and resistance in the game.

Comment

Working...
                            X