Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apocolypse or Ragnarok, which is better?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apocolypse or Ragnarok, which is better?

I know i'm far off from relic's and stuff but just wondering, which relic Weapon is better? I think Ragnarok looks better and its got some decent stats on it, but some of the stats on apocolypse is better, its th only weapon to have base DMG over 100 yea? I know i may never get a relic weapon or if i do get it to get it to max level but which would be better? which would be worth putting the effort in for?
    DRK74~Remora
    SM8-1
    BM6-1 (Currently San d'Orian)
    ZM14 "Ark Angels"
    PM: Complete!

Which FF Character Are You?
    hmmm....

Re: Apocolypse or Ragnarok, which is better?

Both are impressive weapons, but even just trying to get one fully upgraded takes some serious dedication (as well as a heavy wallet) Unless your LS agrees to fully support you on this, it will take months and months of Dynamis for either weapon.

After saying that, though, the perfect DRK would get both. I mean, seriously, SE was quite unfair to divide out our WSs over two weapons. While some jobs are defined by their full set (Or at least have something good every 15 to 20 levels) DRKs don't get to "mature" until near end game. Which sucks, because you'll have to convince people in the meantime that it's worth picking you up to PT with just for the glory of 5-7 levels, from 65 to 72, before SAMs and other melee class p/u a full set of Light/Dark producing WSs (Enders) X_x

Comment

There's 2 factors that would decide this and I haven’t been able to find source info on Ragnarok yet.

Unless the Crit % bonus on Ragnarok is a 'critical' amount of % boost, I would have to say Apocalypse easily outbeats Ragnarok.

In terms of WS usage. I have no idea how efficient Scourge is… but Catastrophe does quite a lot of DMG as 300TP DRK/THF, more than any Spinning could do. Also, don't forget that Relic WS' can chain lv3 renkeis.

The D difference between Ragnarok and Apocalypse is 17- quite a big gap. This means that by using a regular WS, Apocalypse would most likely do more DMG…
      Both have ACC+20 for a bonus, which evens it out... so in the end, we'd have to learn about the Critical Rate bonus on Ragnarok and how Scourge works before deciding.

Just by using common sense though, I’m leaning over the scythe. I don't know why, but I have a feeling it would be handier.
      Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

Weren't there a bunch of photoshopped Catastrophe pictures floating around? Something that started as a joke that someone else took seriously and passed on as serious or something? oh well

What Aeni said is too true. Must keep two of the slowest weapons in the game capped at all time just to try to be "on par."

Oh well, I'd lean towards sword for 2 reasons: I've always been a sucker for crit builds and Ragnorok can at least be used by PLD and WAR so you can play with other jobs and still get to use it.
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by kazuri
          Just by using common sense though, I’m leaning over the scythe. I don't know why, but I have a feeling it would be handier.
          Originally posted by Lmnop
          Oh well, I'd lean towards sword for 2 reasons: I've always been a sucker for crit builds and Ragnorok can at least be used by PLD and WAR so you can play with other jobs and still get to use it.
          Same here and Lmnop hit it right on the head. kazuri, Scythe might be nice, but that's assuming all DRKs will merit the same way as well, which isn't likely to happen. Plus, Ground Strike is still nice for many end game stuff and that's what people are going to expect out of you ... 300% GS. Sigh.

Comment

Well, I was thinking that your main will be only DRK and we're talking most efficient wise for DRK –only-. In terms of multi weapon usage, item slot efficiency, and considering the possible usage for WAR/PLD... Ragnarok would be a great choice too, but,,

How would you cover the D17 difference? Unless the critical rate+ is some type of high percentage, I would find Apocalypse more useful for DRK than Ragnarok, no matter what. Ground Strike and Spinning Slash are solid WS' I agree, but if you own the lv5 Relic Scythe and GSword you would be using Catastrophe and Scourge, and the multi-lv3 renkei chain ability would easily beat any other normal WS. I’m not able to find out how much hits Scourge is but unless it’s 3+, you couldn’t take advantage of the critical rate+ to the max to outbeat Catastrophe.

Getting the best out of DRK also means meriting efficiency depending on what you can get, wouldn't it? If you can get your hands on Apocalypse, then I'd merit Scythe over GSword.

Unless Scourge is some type of beastly Weapon Skill that will leave Catastrophe useless in terms of raw damage, Ragnarok just can’t beat Apocalypse.

But what you said is true… the all-end ‘Perfect’ status is to have both.
            Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

Originally posted by kazuri
              I’m not able to find out how much hits Scourge is but unless it’s 3+, you couldn’t take advantage of the critical rate+ to the max to outbeat Catastrophe.
              Heeeeey ... I thought those WSs could only be used *in* Dynamis?

Comment

Not final versions- Lv4s are limited to WS-usage only in Dynamis but Lv5 versions allow the Special WS' to be used anywhere in Vana'diel (where it allows)
                Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

unless the GS ws is amazing, scythe is probably better. it'll just win out in DoT
                  滅殺

Comment

Now that SE said they plan to add more reasons for DRKs to use scythe, I'd say go with scythe.

Comment

apocolypse for the win
                      GoblinSmithy>> Surprise!!!
                      GoblinSmithy>> (( Sneak Attack )) --> Thief

And I stabbed him with everything I had.

In the ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X