This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaponskill Quesitons

Hello I am currently a Lv.63 Dark Knight, getting closer and closer to Spinning Slash, I went to this website ( http://filebox.vt.edu/users/adrussel/ffxi/ws.htm )
    to find out the Mod. for Spinning Slash, and it shows, some mods. I don't understand.

-----------------100% 200% 300%----------------------------
    Spinning Slash 2.50 3.00 3.50 STR_30% INT_30%

What does the 2.50, 3.00, and 3.50 represent?

For the most damage out put "should I..."
    In a gear shange macro...

Shoud I use all STR gear?

Should I use all INT gear?

Should I mix STR and INT gear?

(Not trying to rely on the spells too much, although they should help a great deal)

Thanks in advanced.
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: Weaponskill Quesitons

if you read the top, you see that the 2.5, 3, and 3.5 numbers are alll associated with your TP levels. so 2.5x dmg @100% tp. as for the STR and Int, basically use Int where you can't get STR. Reason for this:

Spinning Slash is still a WS. your attack and damge matters. STR and INT are just modifiers -- they're figured last. So you want the figure to be big and beefy before the modifiers are figured. So yes, STR rocks and INT where you can't get STR. However, you may get better results by having some +attack on there too (like Dusk legs, when you get there.)

Also, you may just want to completely ignore INT and try to stick an ABS-INT as it will up the BLM's dmg and likely the SC dmg (via the lowering of target's Int) as well as increase your damage because of Int modifier which, of course, increases SC dmg in turn.

I hope that helps. If not, just pay attention to paragraph #2.
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Lmnop said it all

str > int in your macros
      att is important too, but as drk you should have real good att
      Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Viper
        att is important too, but as drk you should have real good att
        No, not if you're subbing THF. A WAR subbing NIN has more attack, I believe, than a DRK/THF. So, if you're going to stick your guns with DRK/THF, I suggest loading up on all the +atk you can get your hands on, since only loading up on +str is a waste, IMHO, and would only be effective with /WAR.

I also want to note, where did all this data originally came from? I'm kind of suspicious, because those numbers and the calculation never match up ingame. Heck, there are various times when the numbers are off by almost 50% ... so I'm now going to research this more and find out if this is just a bogus BS posted by some JP player ...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
          I also want to note, where did all this data originally came from? I'm kind of suspicious, because those numbers and the calculation never match up ingame. Heck, there are various times when the numbers are off by almost 50% ... so I'm now going to research this more and find out if this is just a bogus BS posted by some JP player ...
          that's because u r not calculating things correctly...

those numbers originally came from the "test and verify" threads at 2ch, and have more than 3 yrs of history. their results r "valid" and "reliable," backed by the tremendous amount of data, and obvisouly not some BS as u r suspecting.

EDIT: Studio Gobli, which the linked site above is a tlanslation of, does his own testings, so some of equations and numbers might not be from 2ch.

although i can't provide the data in english, if u have someone who's willing to translate them for u, try this site;

http://pamama.hp.infoseek.co.jp/FF11kensyou/index.html

it has the logs of the past (but not all of them).
          Last edited by bside; 12-14-2005, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking going all ACC, macroing in the most STR i can, and (as stated) INT were i cant get str/attk. thx for the help.
            In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
            And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
            Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
            Yeah, It’s true.
            It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Now my DRK is only Lv.51 so I haven't had a chance to test this. But what I figured I'd do would be to macro in INT rings, and the rest of my gear have pure STR loaded. So say you have INT+6 from rings, and then INT+2 or 3 from other stuff, then you Absorb-INT. At that level you can probably tack on STR+15~20 or so. You Absorb-INT for +14~20. (Not sure how much you'd gained at Lv.66 with Cap'd or near cap Dark Magic) Should give you a pretty decently modified WS.

I'm pretty sure all Great Sword WS have a mod of STR_30% and INT_30%. So I guess I could test this. That having been said, I don't know any DRKs, personally, that load up on DEX for Spinning Slash.
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by bside
                EDIT: Studio Gobli, which the linked site above is a tlanslation of, does his own testings, so some of equations and numbers might not be from 2ch.
                This is why I'm confused with the equations and numbers. There is no less than 5 different formulas (I did my own research on the 'net and browsed most of the popular JP BBS) and at least 3 or 4 different database sets of numbers. The only one that came close was the one I found at Elemens I think, which was linked to some other side (presumably the author's site for the formulas tested) OTOH, most of those modifiers need to be worked on, because they are not accurate.

For example, you can say that STR produces meaningful modifier to the damage produced by Weaponskill A. Yet, what was this tested on? If it was a tarutaru, then maybe the yield was more meaningful. If an elvaan tested this, however, the difference in base STR might prove to create a different set of numbers and then how best can you accurately judge the effect at this point?

Also bear in mind that different job classes and different job abilities used can produce variations which can skewer the numbers given. So a set formula, IMHO, is already bogus if it does not take into account these important variations. A PLD/WAR activating Spinning Slash will produce a different set of numbers and different set of parameters using a very different set of job abilities than a DRK/THF.

Also, I'd take anything that is "unscientific" with a grain of salt. All it takes is 10% of those numbers produced being horribly wrong to screw up the other 90% of numbers and the stats will come out wrong. Very wrong.

Comment

a balance of str and attack are important, int i wouldnt care anything about (i macro in int gear for spells but wouldnt buff it for spinning slash really..) Str is more so important to boost if you are mithra, since ours is so low, if your elvaan attack ftw

Comment

Working...
                  X