This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Party vs All Other Sub Discussion.

It makes for nice support in the rather specific situation of an MP-heavy frontline, MP-bearing mobs, and no actual DNC. Lunaryn's player has been subbing it to good effect in our PLD & DRK & BLU trio while we've been fighting crabs; Aspir Samba is better than no Refresh at all. -- Pteryx

Comment

Now if we actually had a proper refresher, I'd be better off with /WHM in our situation, I'd think (and I've used DRK/WHM to good effect when we've camped rabbits in Uleguerand, for instance), but the situational usefulness of Aspir Samba should not be discounted.

Trio calls for less vertical and more horizontal investment in ability, basically; you don't need nearly as much attack or accuracy to do good damage against the T-VT targets a trio will want to focus on, but you do need to do more to support the party to account for lack of dedicated job roles.

Also, casting spells doesn't slow down swinging enough to create a huge issue, but OTOH if I were casting enough to run down my MP as fast as the PLD and BLU, I'd be doing something wrong. I'm past the point where Swing > Nuke > Swing > Nuke is a good idea, but I do MB off both the SC I do with the PLD and the BLU's self-SC, and I get pretty decent results often enough to be worthwhile. I swap in INT gear and a Moldy for that, though. I'd say that DRK/BLM would be extremely situational, but it's not inconceivable you might find some situation somewhere where the MAB would come in handy. Just be careful if you're coming off something like /WAR; DRK defense is never good, but it really and truly sucks under /BLM: I went DRK/BLM once for skilling up in the 40s (I think) along with Pteryx on RDM75, who ended up having trouble keeping me alive.
      Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
      DRK99,DNC91,THF90
      Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
      Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
      WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
      Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
      All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
      Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
      Clothcraft 24
      Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
      BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Hello everyone I'm starting a second charater on Odin. I'm starting with a Galka and planning to do Dark Knight with him. Well my question is that lots of players are tell me that I need to lvl up War (Duh) Thf (Duh Duh) Nin (?) and Sam (That was I planning to anyway) so the question is what sub should I focus on mainly and what sub should I just do for fun. If there is a thread out with type of question i'm really sorry just need some question answered. I'm at work now and they limited us on going to certain websites dam them dam them to hell!
        sigpic Name: Serpico Elite
        Server: Odin
        Jobs: War 21, Thf 20, and Mnk 10

The dreamers are the saviors of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Attimus View Post
          Hello everyone I'm starting a second charater on Odin. I'm starting with a Galka and planning to do Dark Knight with him. Well my question is that lots of players are tell me that I need to lvl up War (Duh) Thf (Duh Duh) Nin (?) and Sam (That was I planning to anyway) so the question is what sub should I focus on mainly and what sub should I just do for fun. If there is a thread out with type of question i'm really sorry just need some question answered. I'm at work now and they limited us on going to certain websites dam them dam them to hell!
          Well, 5 days shouldn't be considered Necroing...

I went /war till i can get Sneak att with /thf, and i still use /thf "Old Style" parties.

While soloing/having fun and newer meripo, and Campaign (only when mob control outposts) I tend to favor /sam. More tp than i know what to do with in Campaign.

/nin for real solo/skill ups if not in a full party, and when i'm solo in campaign and i take hate too often from everyone who is /dnc.

as for /dnc i havne't tried it out, in almost all situations, someone will come /dnc, so i don't see the need for me to come /dnc too.

Well that's what I did, wrong or right, i think i did ok.

Comment

Well, I only have DRK at 55, but I've learned and researched a lot about it. Firstly, I'd do a /sea all DRK and get a good idea of what DRKs are subbing these days. I'm not much for the /THF thing though... Lets see:

1-10 Solo: WHM or BST
            1-10 Party: BST or WHM or WAR
            11--23 Solo: RDM or BST
            24-75 Solo: NIN or RDM or BST
            11-49 Party: WAR
            50-59 Party: SAM or WAR
            60-73 Party: SAM or WAR or THF
            74-75 Party: SAM or WAR or THF or NIN

Others:
            /NIN if you're in a TP burn
            /DRG if you have a Kraken Club for the most damage in the game

DRK is the only job that can get 94% haste, but only if you /SAM, so it should be utilized. Here's a pretty good guide for you:

Dark Knight Guide - BGWiki
            Current Server: Asura
            Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
            Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
            Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
            Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
            Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Working...
            X