Wild Flourish question. how to SC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Flourish question. how to SC?

It's very strange. like even with mx finishing moves (5, which is technically 3.) , when I use it, it says can't attack this target, even after using a weaponskill.

but it's worked before, but not sure why. when it worked, it does this "chainbound" effect, but the effect wears off before I have enough TP to weaponskill and I guess trigger a skillchain to occur. maybe I should keep using Steps then Reverse Flourish in time to perform a 2nd weaponskill.

but now I'm back to having trouble of getting Wild Flourish to work again. I think it requires two finishing moves, but whether I have 4 or 5 listed on top, it still says cannot attack this target. So I'm missing a step I guess. or maybe I have to use Building Flourish first?

the tricky part is trying to get it to trigger. maybe I have to wait 3 secs. after performing a weaponskill. or maybe it isn't timing based. maybe there is a step missing, or maybe a samba cannot be active during a Wild Flourish. or something.

Re: Wild Flourish question. how to SC?

Are you activating from a menu or through a macro?

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Why are you using the flourish after a WS? It opens skillchains so you can close them with a WS, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        Why are you using the flourish after a WS? It opens skillchains so you can close them with a WS, not the other way around.
        This.

Get steps (two at least) > get tp > Wild Flourish > WS like you normally would when participating in a skillchain (= within the time window).

It can sometimes miss, too.

Oh, and Sambas etc don't affect Wild Flourish.
        The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

ohhh okay. it's just that somehow, I got chainbound to work even when going solo. but now it doesn't work. but ya,
          I seen a video somewhere of a solo DNC like doing one WS (evisceration) , then Wild Flourish, and then do another WS (mythic), to make a skillchain.

but I think they reversed flourish before that. cause they would need to get 100 tp in time before the chainbound is over.
          but before that, they would need to use steps to build up enough finishing moves too.

ah here it is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3xZg2FgPU"]YouTube - Dancer FFXI Weapon Skill[/ame]

maybe haste samba helps to ready tp for 2nd WS to skillchain after wild flourish.

oh wait now I see what they did.

Hasta Samba, max out Finishing Moves. get 100+ TP. weaponskill, Reverse Flourish. weaponskill.

oh okay. now it makes sense. they didnt use Wild Flourish.

Comment

No this is what you do and I am a 75 DNC so I know how it is done. First get your finishing moves then get your TP to 100. Do Wild Flourish wait 2-3 seconds (when you see the chainbound animation right when it goes away do your WS like Dancing Edge. That is how you do a skillchain.

Comment

That looked like Evisceration > Reverse Flourish > Pyrrhic Kleos
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
              X