Gear suggestions, level 50 DNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear suggestions, level 50 DNC

Basically, I'm looking for any suggestions as far as gear goes, why it's good, etc.

I just got DNC to 50 the other day, and I haven't done the G1 yet, as there are a couple other peeps in my ls that will need to here soon and we're going to go out as a group and bang them all out at once, rather than one at a time. My other "high" job is 45 WHM, so I've got all my Racial Gear (I'm elvaan, so it's great for my WHM), but I've never really levelled a melee job beyond the low 30's before, so the highest gear "set" I have for those types of jobs is the Merc. Captains stuff. We've been primarily syncing down to Quiffim and Yuhtunga ranges in our trio's and duo's (getting subs levelled and such), so the gear issue hasn't been an issue really, since we're all capping down anyways.

However, last night I worked on Ranks 3 and 4, and felt like an idiot running around as a 50 DNC with lvl 34 daggers and lvl 30 gear. It wasn't an issue or anything as the bulk of the stuff was a joke to a 50 DNC/NIN anyways, but obviously better gear would have sped things up some.

So yeah, what gear would you guys suggest? I have a scorpion harness a friend gave me when he quit, so I'll be breaking that out @ 57 (so exciting to actually be able to wear it lol) but other than that, except for the RSE I don't have squat above 30. Given that I'm going to be getting the DNC A.F. soon enough, should I just stick with what I have until then?

Anyways, thanks for the input...
    I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
    -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
    http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Re: Gear suggestions, level 50 DNC

ACC+

That should be first and foremost for any dancer....

DNC is worthless unless they can generate tp. Hit that ACC cap then worry about other things like attack and evasion. Bone knife would be a good thing to look into, cheap and effective.

Comment

Like Duncan said, ACC+ is a must. That being said I would suggest:

Woodsman or Sniper's Ring
      Ecphoria Ring (A must have, ACC +4 and Store TP +1)
      Life Belt (ACC +10 ^^)

Non ACC+ gear I would suggest:

Jaguar Mantle
      Crow or Raven Jupon (+8/+9 EVA, -8/-9 Enmity..great for soloing)
      Crow or Raven Hose (+5/+6 EVA, -5/-6 Enmity...great for soloing)

Comment

My suggestions: Swift belt, Rampere Harness (SP?), Leaping Boots (or Bounding), Woodsman ring x2 (or rajas + woodsman), Peacock Charm (or spectacles), Bastokan Subligar (SP?).

(SP?) = Spelling?

But as far as what stat to enhance, use ACC+ and macro in CHR+ for cure's (make sure the macro also macro's the CHR+ gear back out to the original gear you had).

Comment

My personal suggestion is to gauge your accuracy and account for your food type. If your getting enough accuracy to sustain your PT cure/samaba wise you can begin to alter your gear for a bit more DD. It's important that you find a balance that suits your PT, it's hard for us to give you exactly values - sorry.

However, things to look out for along the way is the
          Jardiah Set
          Peacock/Spectacles
          Snipers
          ATK Earrings
          Swift Belt
          Ranperee harness
          Dusk hands and Feet (optional)
          Weapons can be upgraded along the way, if you want you can even use Joyeuse for some fun as offhand when /NIN

Comment

Working...
          X