do you think Dancers can solo easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you think Dancers can solo easily?

that would be cool, but it depends on their traits, abilities and how powerful and independant they can be. oh yeah and some subs make it easier than others.

Re: do you think Dancers can solo easily?

You know you don't have to create a new thread everytime you have a comment/question about Dancer?

It's possible to ask your question in any of the three threads you've already made on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron517 View Post
      You know you don't have to create a new thread everytime you have a comment/question about Dancer?

It's possible to ask your question in any of the three threads you've already made on this forum.
      Agreed.

For the actual queston, I don't think any job (excluding bst and pup) and easily solo. So, my answer is no.

Edit: I made a mistake. I meant to say excluding instead of including.
      Last edited by Rain_Blade; 10-08-2007, 11:28 AM.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Originally posted by Rain_Blade View Post
        For the actual queston, I don't think any job (including bst and pup) and easily solo. So, my answer is no.
        BST can get pets to tank for them.
        PUP gets a pet that plays WHM for them.

Aside from the high potential for death, the fact we're pretty much expected to solo and having to HP more than any other job out there, we have it pretty easy on solo.

We also will make more gil than you do. Our pets make no objections about where the loot goes, they know they'll be getting parts and food out of it.

Comment

ya that's what I'm saying, there's at least 2 jobs that can solo effectively.

I think Dancer will be able to also if it has an effective Charm-like ability on the side.

Comment

Oops my bad lol that meant to be EXcluding instead of INcluding /slapself

Although, I still don't think Dancer will be a solo job.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Why does no one mention blm when talking about great soloers of exp ; ;

Anywho, I don't think anyone can definativly state weather a job that we know nothing about will be able to solo or not. We can assume however since SE states that neither Bst nor Pup was meant to be a solo class that they will not add another job that is designed as a solo job.

Any and all jobs can solo to some extent, of course it's easier on some. However, going off the basis that Dancer will be a support job I doubt they will be effective soloers. Surely they could, but I don't think that it will be any more effective than just exping in a party.

Comment

well ya, it's always a better advantage in a good party.
                but it would be messed up if Dancer is just a job that turns into job only worth subbing, instead of a main that can hold its own and use other jobs to make it even better.

Comment

I doubt it'll be a sub. Assuming SE sticks to tradition, Dancer is going to be a reverse Bard. We won't know how it solos for sure though until the job is out, and since we know jack squat about it's abilities other than their likely use (enfeebling) there's not a lot of reliable speculation.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

but what about the speculation that Dancers might not be able to Dance in towns at all? since I believe their Dances are offense and mob target-dependant based, they won't be able to use those abilities without a visible mob, which never appear in town zones.

unless....ah no it would be chaos if their Dance have AOE type ranges instead of concentrated onto themselves or a specific single target.

so either their Dances target themselves or an enemy. but self targeting sound more like BRD, so I think Dances will be enemy target based instead of self based.

unless some Dances are related to......oh hey! what if the dances are kinda like Protectra. except hen you target yourself to do the chance, it actually affects the enemy you are targeting as well or something? no wait that wouldn't work.

hmm ya the targeting ordeal is what's sketchy cause that will determine if Dances can be done in town. or maybe Dancers have their own Dance spells/moves in addition to their "Abilities" and 2 Hr.

Comment

Working...
                    X