Rated Arrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rated Arrrr

Sooooooooooooooo time to twink out over the update? COR got hooked the effing hell up, and I'm pretty stoked!

AF+1 is pretty nice, Feet and Head are must-haves, even the legs become a reasonable QD piece for those without Denali.

Commodore's Tricorne is absolutely perfect. Appears to give the bonus of having the corresponding job in your party when using PR even without that job present. Yet another Xarc hat to wait for

Not sure what the body does for RD yet, but it's from Glacier. Otherwise Hands - Jeuno, Bottes - Bastok, and Culotte are from either Windy or Sandy. The Belt is obviously from CoP but is just a ridiculous piece.

Otherwise there's that Quadav Beastman hat, amazing shooting TP piece:

Zha'Go's Barbut
    DEF:23 Ranged Accuracy+8
    Ranged Attack+8 Enmity-5
    Enhances "Snapshot" effect
    Lv71 All

There's a couple of reasonable guns:

Basilisk
    DMG:39 Delay:582
    Ranged Attack+8
    Set: Increases Evasion and
    HP recovered while healing
    Reduces Enmity
    LV69 RNG, COR

Murderer
    DMG:38 Delay:600
    Ranged Accuracy+8
    Set: Increases STR, Attack,
    Ranged Attack, "Magic Atk. Bonus"
    LV69 RNG, COR

And obviously Death Penalty.

--------------------------

I was able to unlock Leaden Salute last night, and while it is not a monster for damage depending on how it scales it may be a nice WS for when you're playing backline COR in a BLM party. So far it appears to have a pretty healthy AGI mod, but MAB has the largest impact from what I tried.

My highest on low level mobs was 767 with XI on BLM roll and my full QD build. Uggy Pendant had a much stronger effect than Sea Gorgets, it did seem to scale reasonably well with TP, but not as major as Detonator. Still, barring the MAB boost from a set involving Murderer, I don't think any other gun will outdo the extra TP from Martial.

One thing that was interesting was on Decent Challeng Flamingos in Sky I was doing about 500 damage using level 22 bullets and Quicksilver at 100ish TP. However, on waaay too weak mobs I was doing 480 with Steel Bullets and Martial Gun, leading me to believe that base D may have a minimal impact, and it may in fact be acceptable to swap to cheap bullets for this WS, but I need to test this more.

--------------------------

Anyways, Limbus tonight, praying for a mat to drop so I can get started on AF+1 Feet/Head. I think COR really did get hooked the hell up this update, really all I could've asked for in addition is stronger bullets, but really I can't complain. What do you guys think?
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: Rated Arrrr

I had to thank you just for the frickin title of the thread.

L

O

L
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I agree.... I laughed my ass off just from the title...

Comment

Pretty hot gear for us, too bad I'm on indefinite break from FFXI awhile taking care of RL stuff that I was procrastinating on. I've got a massive amount of points saved up in my Dynamis shell from only lotting 3 pieces of WHM AF2 in the 2 years I've been there, but it looks like the 2 new COR's who just joined our shell this month will be getting their Commodore Tricornes before me if they're lucky .

I'm really not looking forward to going back to Limbus for our AF+1, although the 15k entrance fee will make it slightly less painful. After doing Limbus twice a week for almost 2 years (and leading the group for much of it), it feels pretty old now, and I dropped it from my schedule close to a year ago to make time for my Nyzul and Salvage group's bi-weekly runs. It's pretty hard to schedule all that stuff in while not playing more than ~3 evenings a week like I used to, and even that amount of playtime was starting to feel excessive while balancing the demands of a fiance who doesn't play, family obligations, social engagements, etc.

Bleh. Part of me wants to reinstall the game tonight and start playing again. I've got my WHM and COR Nyzul weapons and a Runic Key, so unlocking the new weaponskills should be cake. I know I'll get sucked in even more than I used to be if I come back, though, even just trying to squeeze in 1 night of Limbus a week into my existing schedule. The good news is I've abandoned any aspirations of ever getting Death Penalty due to the still-ridiculous Alexandrite requirements, so there's one less temptation to play. Another part of me keeps thinking this would be a good time to just quit for good, while I'm already somewhat detached from the game (although I'm still spending way too much time on the forums reading about the update, haha).

Well, that was a totally off-topic response. I guess I just needed somewhere to vent, and a forum that gets posted in maybe once a month seemed like a good place to do so. Carry on!

Comment

Methinks Scout's Beret and Hunter's Beret +1 just got owned...
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The addition of stuff to Limbus/Dynamis was perfect for me, I'm in the same boat of being one of the leaders for the runs, so I have to show up either way. I'm excited to have something to gain from city Dynamis and Limbus(other than 75 coin pieces), aside from the fact that the gear itself is hot.

Really curious to toy with LS more when I get home and see how the damage is against higher level mobs.

Comment

One thing that was interesting was on Decent Challeng Flamingos in Sky I was doing about 500 damage using level 22 bullets and Quicksilver at 100ish TP. However, on waaay too weak mobs I was doing 480 with Steel Bullets and Martial Gun, leading me to believe that base D may have a minimal impact, and it may in fact be acceptable to swap to cheap bullets for this WS, but I need to test this more.
              Cheapass >.> Don't encourage the bad corsairs....

Comment

lol, still needs to be tested. At any rate, I got Canvas Toile from SW Apollyon 2nd floor tonight, so you know where to start bugging your Limbus groups to go. Not sure which zones have the Temenos piece yet.

LS did seem to scale reasonably well, though damage was kind of all over. Most were 5-600, though there was a 200~(not sure if elemental WS' can resist?), closed a really nice Darkness on the Light Elementals on 4th floor, 600+600, relative to what other DDs were doing it was pretty strong. I'm hoping to get to go COR to our next city Dynamis run so that I can test it vs. Dynamis statues.

Comment

I'm definetly gonna be chomping at the bit for Commodore's Tricorne and Frac. The rest of the set is indeed juicy, and I for one can't wait to start working on it. I've been shying away from working on my COR as of late for the simple reason that I've had little reason to use it, but now that I'm with a good LS that plays my time, I'll have a good shot at this set.

Comment

Overall the Relic set seems to be focused on the support side of COR and gives us more STR/Ranged Attack options, some accuracy and a fourth (and exclusive) place to grab a Snapshot effect, though the ToA ring's Snapshot effect only works in Assault/Salvage.

As a RNG, I love my Snapshot merits and Velocity Shot.

While I start looking into a Dynamis/Limbus shell, I'm going to make plans to go after that barbut. I've not really played in the last two months, so I didn't really make any progress in finding a Dynamis LS because it felt like a time to catch up on other games that FFXI had made me miss out on PS2 for the last, oh, four years.

I was kinda waiting to see what happened with this stuff anyway, since I knew it was coming. Since I still have Nyzul floors and Assault Ranks to sort through, it looks like Salvage will have to be a very low priority for the immediate future. I'd like to work toward the gear that enhances COR's native abilities before worrying more about something hardcore melee as Skadi.

Not to mention a lot of the update to Nyzul just eases my mind about organizing it at all. That's going to be a lot easier to work with now.

Comment

IMO there's only 2 pieces really worth getting from Salvage as COR anyways, anything else you can get equivalent or better gear from Nyzul and now AF+1.

Unrelated: Grats on finding a good LS after that last garbage, Lilith.

And yeah the Barbut looks really sweet, though I have no idea where in the hell I'm going to find time to do the WotG NM stuff.

And shameless plug: I just started it and it's going to take a while to do it since I actually have work to do for the next couple of weeks, but started a COR guide on my LS forums here, that same subforum also has the newest version of my RDM guide.

Comment

Justy because of Callistos Guide to pirating, i'm half tempted to toss my gil back into funding cor and get to 50+ thanks Callisto >.>;
                        Thf75/Cor75- Time to work on this...

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Sheesh lemme finish a chapter at least

Comment

I was going to eventually get back into it, but everytime I went LFP I was asked to come as /whm and whm is 12. So... all the bonuses for /rng gear was kind of pointless. Don't get me wrong BBQs guide, is amazing. The fact you put it made it... i dunno, fun? Ive had gear/macros even dice and cards collecting dust up to a month ago.
                            Thf75/Cor75- Time to work on this...

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Ooooh Cullote from Sandy, btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X