Blue AF Helm Help Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue AF Helm Help Requested

Hey all, I just hit level 60 last night so now my sights are set on the AF Helm. Enhances monster correlation {Yes Please}. Anyhow I was over at the FFXIcliopdia and was reading the spoiler on how to get this bad boy. Well it talks about being able to be soloed by an experianced SMN or 2 regular SMNs or Trioed by a Sam/War/Blm.

My question is are there any other strategies? My friend and I just started playing again recently after about a year break. So I do know a 75 Sam with 200 Merits and my little 46 Rdm Friend.... which probably wont be too much help. Of course my little 60 Blu booty will be there. How hard is this guy really? Would it be doable with the Sam 2hr + dpsing if he went /Nin maybe for shadows and I kept him cured with wild carrot and magic fruit?

I really dont want to get my Sam friend killed.... I still havent heard the end of it when he got doomed trying to get me frightful roar..... (I told him to bring holy waters >.<)

I guess what I'm getting at is that I have studied the info on this guy but still want more info. If you have experiance in this fight your information would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have every spell from 1-58 except frightful roar. I just hit 60 so I dont have those spells yet >.< but give me a day or 2 and I will.

Re: Blue AF Helm Help Requested

I dunno, he spams powerful nukes w/ uber fast cast. I solo'd it on my SMN once, but I don't see how it could be fought straight up.
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I've done it twice now with different BLUs. First party was BLU, WHM, RDM, WAR, SAM, PLD and we had no problems with it at all. The AoE spam was painful but all I really needed to do was keep the kiting PLD from dying.

Second run was with WHM, WAR, SAM, BRD, BLU, RDM and fought it straight up we nearly wiped because everyone insisted on going /NIN and well DD + Shadows + AoE Nuke spam = highly gimped DDs + Healers with no MP.

To be honest this fight is a joke if you get a decent PLD or RDM to kite it. It's advisable to bring two people who can status cure so any two of these: RDM, WHM or SCH. I found that barspells were pretty useless in both fights because the Fast Cast effect edges on Chainspell speeds when it's at low HP.

If you want to fight it straight up a melee zerg of manaburn would probably work as an "all of nothing" thing. Unlike most Soulflayers the NM is pretty squishy and doesn't have that much HP so a burn probably would work if you have someone to kite it.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
        I dunno, he spams powerful nukes w/ uber fast cast. I solo'd it on my SMN once, but I don't see how it could be fought straight up.
        How hard of a solo is this as SMN? I mean is it fesable to shout in whitegate or something and offer like a 50k reward for a SMN to solo it for me? Is it like the avatar fights for SMN? 2 hr yag drinks/ethers with 3 blood pacts (or whatever its called to make the avatar do its ubah move).? Or is it some other tactic? I just ask because from what it sounds like thats the most viable route. I mean I would honestly be ok with paying a couple SMNs to duo it as well if it came to that.. but probally more like 30k each or somethin.. I dunno.... What are your guy's thoughts?

Comment

I got mine with 75BLU/NIN, 63BLU/NIN(me), 75WHM/BLM. 75BLU/NIN straight up tanks while I acted as DD/Support (I.e. Sandspin, headbutt, blank gaze, giest wall, etc.) and the WHM kept us alive. We won be our stragety failed because I couldnt land headbutt for the -ga spells. My headbutt missed 70% of the time. Granted I forgot to bring squid sushi...
          PSN ID: Kelshan
          Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
          Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
          sigpic

Comment

I forget how much, but when I helped another BLU with his AF Helm quest for a chance to learn Mind Blast, Garuda's Predator Claws did a crapload of damage from the SMN. So 1-2 SMN should be able to drop this guy relatively fast.

If no SMN, get at least 1-2 erasers/-na mages for healing cause his TP moves just sucks ass.
            Cleverness - Hades
            75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
            DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Well It was quite easy to get a SMN to solo him for 50k... I am now the proud owner of the AF helm. All the SMN did was send a pet in then when it died send another in. We dident set any speed reccords or anything but we never even took dmg. So This might be a good reference thread for other BLUs coming up. All I did was have to go to whitegate and shout offer 50k for a 75 SMN to solo him got a responce in about 5 minutes and he used the above method to kill the NM quite easily.

Comment

Ya sorry I couldn't get back to you on that. My internet access is hit and miss. Just carby kite (maybe throw in Fenrir for fun when you have the mp from auto-refresh). Anyway, congrats!
                Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                X