Refueling in Lufaise Meadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refueling in Lufaise Meadows

So, I'm working on backtracking my spells now, and one that's taken forever (still no luck) is refueling. The problem isn't my toughness, but the fact that it's never foggy in Lufaise Meadows or Misareaux Coast. Did all of you guys get it in Mount Zhayolm or are you just cooler than I am?

Is there any secret to knowing when it's gonna be foggy?

Re: Refueling in Lufaise Meadows

Try this:

Find a high level BST/a few high level friends:

Head to Mt.Zhalvoam (however you spell it) Staging Point
    Head outside the gate.
    See all the clusters?
    Fight them until you learn Refueling.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the rest of your post, didn't see you mention the mountain already.
    Last edited by LadyKiKi; 04-09-2008, 06:41 AM.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

I got mine at the Mt.

Not really anyway to tell about fog that I'm aware of. Just hang around from 02:00-07:00. Maybe farm other times, or otherwise keep yourself occupied? Everytime I want fog, it doesn't show up....go figure.

Comment

The way I got it was taking a party to Riverne - Site #B01. Since you're blu, you shouldn't have any trouble stunning self destruct. Bring someone with barfira and a couple other blu that need the spell. You can make an exp session out of it if you like. You don't have to wait for fog, bombs are up all the time. I found it's the easiest and most fun way to get it done, but that's just me.
        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
        Originally posted by Balfree
        Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Originally posted by skot23 View Post
          So, I'm working on backtracking my spells now, and one that's taken forever (still no luck) is refueling. The problem isn't my toughness, but the fact that it's never foggy in Lufaise Meadows or Misareaux Coast. Did all of you guys get it in Mount Zhayolm or are you just cooler than I am?

Is there any secret to knowing when it's gonna be foggy?
          I got mine in Lufaise Medows. It took about a week (4 hours a day aka 4 ingame days) to get it. I took down two Clusters per foggy weather. I was 1/25 on refueling.
          PSN ID: Kelshan
          Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
          Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
          sigpic

Comment

I'm with Losrase. Getting Refuelling in Lufaise / misareaux sucks ass! I was 0/20+. I went to Mount Z. and learned in on the 3rd mob. Goto Mount! that's the ticket...

Comment

I got it at Mount Zhayolm on the 2nd mob. I knew firsthand how much camping fog in Lufaise Meadows blows, from when I was doing the quest for Powerful Rope. And the Rivernes were just plain out of the question, to me; getting people to help learn spells is bad enough, but getting them to help you get spells in a level capped area? Forget it. ><; When I went to Mount Zhayolm, I had a 75 RDM/NIN and that was it. He soloed them while I sat out of AoE range. XD

Rank 10 All Nations
              Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
              Assault Rank: Captain
              Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
              Unique Quests complete: 465
              Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

What hurts most is im going to have to do it all over again in Sarutabaruta [S] to get Magic Hammer.
                Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                sigpic

Comment

can you actually get refueling in west sarutabaruta (s)???

Comment

Originally posted by skot23 View Post
                    can you actually get refueling in west sarutabaruta (s)???
                    No, I said "What hurts most is im going to have to do it all over again in Sarutabaruta [s] to get Magic Hammer." Magic Hammer is a level 75 drain MP spell.
                    sigpic

Comment

I still don't know how people get Magic Hammer in West Saruta (S). I've not once seen a Poroggo there. I've looked and looked, and killed frogs for like an hour, and never saw a Poroggo pop. Is it just a reallllllly rare pop or something?

And Magic Hammer isn't technically "a level 75 MP drain spell." For one thing, it's level 74. And for another, it's a *light damage spell* that has an additional effect of draining an equal amount of MP to the damage it deals, as long as the mob has MP and isn't undead. If you're hoping for a light-based MP Drainkiss, you'll be very disappointed. It costs 40 MP (compared to MP Drainkiss's 20), has a 3 minute recast (compared to MP Drainkiss's 1.5 minutes), and even with Magic Atk. Bonus gear, Memento Mori (+20 MAB), and around +50 MND, it typically only does around 100-110 damage (compared to MP Drainkiss's 160+ when unresisted) for me. It's honestly pretty much never worth using, for me. :/

Rank 10 All Nations
                      Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                      Assault Rank: Captain
                      Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                      Unique Quests complete: 465
                      Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrial Arthian View Post
                        I still don't know how people get Magic Hammer in West Saruta (S). I've not once seen a Poroggo there. I've looked and looked, and killed frogs for like an hour, and never saw a Poroggo pop. Is it just a reallllllly rare pop or something?

And Magic Hammer isn't technically "a level 75 MP drain spell." For one thing, it's level 74. And for another, it's a *light damage spell* that has an additional effect of draining an equal amount of MP to the damage it deals, as long as the mob has MP and isn't undead. If you're hoping for a light-based MP Drainkiss, you'll be very disappointed. It costs 40 MP (compared to MP Drainkiss's 20), has a 3 minute recast (compared to MP Drainkiss's 1.5 minutes), and even with Magic Atk. Bonus gear, Memento Mori (+20 MAB), and around +50 MND, it typically only does around 100-110 damage (compared to MP Drainkiss's 160+ when unresisted) for me. It's honestly pretty much never worth using, for me. :/
                        Weak! I was hoping for an upgraded MP Drainkiss that was light base.
                        As for getting it in Saruta (S), Poroggo Gents spawn during foggy weather like Clusters in Lufaise Meadows. It is a good idea to clear the frogs in the area because they will link with the Poroggo Gents and they do attack fast. I wish they were lottery spawn tho, it wouldnt be as painful as hoping for foggy weather every hour ; ;
                        Last edited by Losrase; 04-14-2008, 05:05 AM. Reason: some grammer
                        sigpic

Comment

Holy crap, I finally got refueling. You guys were totally correct, I had to go to Mount Zhayolm to get it. I died like 4 times.

Comment

Working...
                          X