BLU Spells and Great Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLU Spells and Great Information

I thought I'd post a link to this site, as it's actually very useful for the up and coming BLU, and I wish I'd had it when I was at the early stages.

Blue Magic Hunting Grounds

Each spell has its own link, with maps showing where the mobs are found in each zone, specifics about how to get the mob to use the move (if there are paritculars on those), when a BLU could solo them, etc. etc.

I take absolutely no credit for any of the work here. To see the credits page, go here:

Blue Magic Hunting Grounds

Enjoy.

PS - Thanks to Icemage for helping me with links and other stuff regarding this post.
    Last edited by Dranzia; 04-19-2008, 06:05 PM.

Re: BLU Spells and Great Information

This is going to help a ton when I get blu unlocked, thank you
    sigpic

Comment

the coolest thing about this site is that they highlight the areas where the mobs spawn on the maps.

Comment

sweet. dranzia gets a cookie for the day.

ive been wanting to unlock BLU for awhile now. thank you for this awesome link.
        sigpic

Never Interuppt Your Enemy When He Is Making A Mistake.

Comment

when it says "spell modifies: CHR 30%" what does that mean?

Comment

According to wikipedia here: Modifier - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

It is..."Stats that add base damage to weapon skills or blue magic. "

So for 30% CHR modifier you get (YourCHR *0.3) added to the damage calculation. (At least, that's my understanding of it).

Comment

so that means the more charisma i have, the greater damage i do? It's only 30% of the spell, but that's not a bad difference now is it?

Comment

Freaking awesome. I was just thinking about picking up BLU again, but the spell hunting is a big turn off. This will be incredibly useful.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

To Kerio:

That modifier doesn't make CHR worth 30% of your spell. It makes 30% of your CHR added on to the spell. So...

You have 60CHR *.3 = 18 dmg added to your spell.

As with many weaponskills, you'd be best to stack STR before you stacked CHR (or any other secondary stat modifiers). Not to say it wouldn't hurt to have secondary modifiers added in to your spell damage, but unless those modifiers are STR, it's really not worth the tradeoff you'd have to make (i.e. Replacing STR with CHR).

Comment

On Bludgeon, CHR and STR have the same value increasing your base damage. Even though CHR is a bit higher on lower level, it's not worth of debate whether you should go with 1 CHR or 1 STR
                    Thanks,
                    Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Working...
                    X