Blue Magic Skillups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Magic Skillups

Ok I'm a level 54 Blue Mage and I went to the northlands to learn a few spells and I realized that at 54 you can learn Dimensional Death with capped magic. So now I'm in Fei'Yin and fighting Shadows but.... my magic is not capped (170). Nothing in Fei'yin cons Even Match (everything is either 55+ or mid 40's) so I can't get skillups through fighting. Does using beneficial spells give skillups in any way? I've been spamming Wild Carrot and Refueling to try to get skillups but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I really don't want to leave to go skill up then walk all the way back to Fei'Yin to learn this spell >.<

Re: Blue Magic Skillups

Yes healing and buffing Blue Magic will give you a chance of skillups. If thats not happening fast enough, you'll probably have to go somewhere else to keep your skill capped.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Does it need to be a high level spell? Or will low level spells such as pollen work?

Comment

Off topic: Mhurron! You changed your avatar....

Rylus: GL on you BLU! It seems very difficult...
        Current Server: Asura
        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Healing and buffing spells of any level should work. I can skill up enhancing by spamming barfire for instance, however like all magic, offensive use of spells gives faster skillups.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            Healing and buffing spells of any level should work. I can skill up enhancing by spamming barfire for instance, however like all magic, offensive use of spells gives faster skillups.
            I've noticed the trend with magic (as well as combat skills) is that the rate of skill ups tend to be directly proportionate to the distance (in levels) between the caster and the target (in the case of the heals/buffs, the target in this case is you). The higher the target is from the caster, the more likely a skill up will occur (and the reverse is also true).

Your best bet is to spam a bunch of cheap attack spells after you level (Sprout Smack works wonders here) while you're in a party. What you're attempting to do is actually "farm" your skill ups, so you can try to cap your Blue Magic skill as quickly as possible. Casting on mobs that are DC and below won't do it as much for ya, and casting self-targeting buffs/heals also won't be as productive (especially heals; honestly, how much skill can one gain from trying to heal damage that isn't there?).

Comment

As with other magic skills, you will get the fastest skillups by using them against a mob. However, any blue magic spell that targets yourself or a PT member can give a skillup; it's just less frequent. You can cast Pollen enough times to go through several hundred MP before you get a single skillup, but such is the cost of not having to fight anything. I was lucky enough to get Sea access when my BLU was around level 60-ish, so from then on if I leveled and my PT disbanded before I capped my blue magic skill, I just put on a bunch of spells that target enemies but don't deal damage (debuffs and MP Drainkiss and such) and spammed them against Hpemdes (since they don't attack you unless you actually do damage to them). This way I got the (relatively) fast skillups from using offensive spells, without actually having to fight anything. So if you have Sea access (which you definitely should by 70+ as a BLU), that's always an option.

Rank 10 All Nations
              Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
              Assault Rank: Captain
              Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
              Unique Quests complete: 465
              Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Working...
              X