Blue Mage Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Mage Test

Alright. My friend's highest job is Blue Mage 70. He's to the point were he obviously has to fight Raubahn for his limi break. I already know where to go for details and such, so I'm not asking for that.

What I'm asking for is..

Have any of you actually experienced this fight? What were your strategies?

We're currently trying to get his Testimony, and it's a major pain in the ass. 2 nights and it hasn't dropped yet. I once heard a Blue Mage in our server once took 3 days to get the drop.

Anyway, anyone had anything to share about their experiences?

Re: Blue Mage Test

I guess I'm on my own on this one.

Update: We got the test at the end of the 3rd night of trying.

Comment

um.. i'm not high enough to give advice on the fight but when i went to get the test for a friend it always drop on the same day, i guess you has bad luc =/
      "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
      "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
      "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

I'm also a 70BLU main and I've yet to get a testy after days of trying, so I'm actually leveling my SAM from 61-70 just to break the cap. As for the fight, it's pretty much luck. He can cast any BLU spell 1-70 whether it's set or not, and it only takes 1-2 seconds to cast, so it's basically buff yourself, run in, pull him with frost breath, then spam damage spells. Healing yourself takes too much time and isn't worth it, but it's GOOD if he heals himself because it's a few seconds he's not hitting you for. It's just luck for what he casts I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyren View Post
          I'm also a 70BLU main and I've yet to get a testy after days of trying, so I'm actually leveling my SAM from 61-70 just to break the cap. As for the fight, it's pretty much luck. He can cast any BLU spell 1-70 whether it's set or not, and it only takes 1-2 seconds to cast, so it's basically buff yourself, run in, pull him with frost breath, then spam damage spells. Healing yourself takes too much time and isn't worth it, but it's GOOD if he heals himself because it's a few seconds he's not hitting you for. It's just luck for what he casts I'm afraid.
          i feel sorry for you then, when i joined a party which only had 4 people in (including myself) we got it in 4 hours, and that was when we had bad luck normally always drops after 2 hours in the Test PTs i join
          "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
          "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
          "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

I just saw video of a Mithra fighting Raubahn, and she killed him fast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgSCsh5ssB4

I think this is what she did...

Pre-fight
            Warm-Up
            Metallic Body
            Cocoon
            Zephyr Mantle

Actual fight
            Frost Breath
            Azure Lore
            Chain Afinity
            Savage Blade
            Hysteric Barrage
            Claw Cyclone

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
              I just saw video of a Mithra fighting Raubahn, and she killed him fast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgSCsh5ssB4

I think this is what she did...

Pre-fight
              Warm-Up
              Metallic Body
              Cocoon
              Zephyr Mantle

Actual fight
              Frost Breath
              Azure Lore
              Chain Afinity
              Savage Blade
              Hysteric Barrage
              Claw Cyclone
              She was 71+ and didn't NEED to break the cap. She did Savage blade >> Cannonball to solo light, which is unfair seeing as no BLU below 71 has savage blade. I have my testy now, and all the spells I need, so I'm fully ready for the cap fight, I'm just terrified of it. XD Here's how it should go, from what I've seen:

Buff up, ie. warm-up, refueling, diamondhide, yag drinks, icarus wing
              run in, burst affinity, frostbreath to pull him, azure lore and cocoon as fast as your BLU but can do it, then spam the crap out of him with every damage spell you can muster up.

PERSONALLY I do not think SCing is a good idea. I have seen two videos, one where someone did, and one where they didn't. There is too big of a pause inbetween the WS and the spell for him to obliterate you and that's far too risky. You're better off just spamming everything you have with the ocassional headbutt, maybe vorpal him when you're near the end to finish.

Comment

Hmm, let us know how you did.

Comment

I was very unlucky then.
                  Raubhan kick my ass many times, so I just brought my WHM from 67 to 70 and did the WHM GK5.

From my experience, it took me 5+ hours to get my BLU test EVEN WITH TH2, compared to the other ones. So you're better off bringing a skillup/ EXP party there.
                  Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
                  Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

Yeah, if they are going to make the drop so rare, they should atleast inclue one or two other mobs to drop it as well.

Comment

Ok, so I did the fight TWICE yesterday. First time in the morning which was a lose, SOULY because I forgot to use my icarus wing before hand. He was down to 15, maybe 10%, if I had vorpal bladded I'd have one. I then farmed for another testy and tried again in the evening. My friend gave me some nice info from her PLD fight and a shitload of nice gear so I was lucky. XDIt went like this:

Went in naked, just because it's a roumour- Put opo necklace on, found out she forgot to gave me sleep potions. XD So I put the rest of my gear on + blink band, used that, put my head gear on, used food (I used Cabonara, or something like that. for the +15% HP) buffed up, diamondhide first, then refeuling, then warm-up since warmup lasts the least amount of time, popped some ethers and potions so I didn't have to rest.

Ran near by, he was casting diamondhide the ho. _ _; but never the less, I engaged, stood away, used burst affinity just because I'd seen it used before frostbreath for pulling, I don't know if it made a difference but it took a nice chunk of HP off, (my first fight, he used magic fruit just after to heal that damage >< )then as fast as I could I used azure lore and cocoon (because cocoon wears fast.) then when he got close, I simply spammed damage spells with headbutt's in there.

There is NO POINT healing yourself in this fight. It's VERY fast and all you should do is try to get him down asap. The whole fight basically depends on what spells he casts, if he casts alot of damage ones, you're done for. If he heals, buffs, or debuffs, that's a few seconds he's not hidding you for, so that's GOOD.

Also, I was right about not SCing. I think if you SC, there's too much of a gap between the WS and spell where he can heal, or smack you into high heaven. Instead, save your TP and either CA >> Spell him, OR I reccomend saving your TP till you run out of MP, then vorpal him to finish.

Hope some of that helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyren View Post
                        She was 71+ and didn't NEED to break the cap. She did Savage blade >> Cannonball to solo light, which is unfair seeing as no BLU below 71 has savage blade.
                        Actually, if you've done the Savage Blade quest on another job, you DO have Savage Blade at 70 on BLU. And that's without merits: you have 244 sword skill at 70BLU, and Savage Blade is 240.

Anyway, I've tried this fight twice, and lost both times. >.<; First attempt was at 69. Apparently I just got unlucky on this one, though I did make some mistakes. He cast Radiant Breath on me though, which is like his version of Maat's Asuran Fists. >< The second time, I was 74 (I'm just doing this for quest's sake <.<), and I messed up again. I always forget to 2hr, and he always manages to out-DD me no matter how hard I try. >< I just wish the test mobs were a bit easier... I can solo them, but it is hard, and the drop rate sucks with no TH. :/ Whenever I invite my THF friend out though, we always get it on like the first or second kill, lol. It's just hard to drag him out there. <.<;
                        Last edited by Kyrial Arthian; 04-02-2007, 08:56 AM. Reason: Added stuff.

Rank 10 All Nations
                        Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                        Assault Rank: Captain
                        Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                        Unique Quests complete: 465
                        Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Originally posted by Vyren
                          She was 71+ and didn't NEED to break the cap. She did Savage blade >> Cannonball to solo light, which is unfair seeing as no BLU below 71 has savage blade. I have my testy now, and all the spells I need, so I'm fully ready for the cap fight, I'm just terrified of it. XD Here's how it should go, from what I've seen:
                          I did want to try that at 70 but getting a test seemed to hard so I did not bother, I had savage blade at 69 blu from my sword merit off RDM.

so blu below 70 can have Savage blade if they leveled anther job.

Comment

I tried this fight again at 75, this time with merits and such. I went in and actually managed to not screw up my strategy, yet he still managed to beat me when I had him down to like 35%. >< I'm starting to think that my problem is buffing up beforehand, then resting back my MP. Next time I'm gonna try just using my Icarus Wing, then running in and attacking, so that I don't give him much time to buff. What I'll do is pull him with Blank Gaze, then hit Chain Affinity and Azure Lore, Savage Blade, Disseverment, then spam all the dmg spells I can.

On my last run, I realized something. Aside from what Vyren said about him casting any spell in like 1-3 seconds, regardless of actual cast time (which is true, I saw him cast Diamondhide in like 2-3 seconds after I died), he hits very hard with his sword. I was taking more damage from his sword than I was from Maat's physical attacks on WHM... and he hit me with Savage Blade for almost 500 damage. I shudder to think what would happen if he used Vorpal Blade...

Rank 10 All Nations
                            Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                            Assault Rank: Captain
                            Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                            Unique Quests complete: 465
                            Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Fought him twice now lost both times. He used Radiant Breath I am a taru its hard to swallow a 500 hit. Not complaining, well not much lol. Just wish I could solo the test mobs id do it every day. I won against Maat first time and was able to solo my test at level 69 from orc dragoons. Oh well wish me luck ill try later this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X