Spell learn rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell learn rate

I heard that spell learn rate is based on your blu magic skill (which is reasonable) and also bsed on your charisma. Is there any truth in that? I just sold my monster signa...

Re: Spell learn rate

I'm fairly sure it's based on your blu skill, I don't know about charisma though. It seems a lot easier to learn a spell if you skip it and come back for it later. I learn most spells I skipped first time and spell I learn before or arround the level I can use them on normaly take longer unless I'm lucky.

Comment

Blue Magic seems to help quite a bit, but aside from that its mostly speculation. It seems to me the closer you are to the mob's level you're trying to learn from, the better your chances are. I used to have tons of CHR gear but sold it all after I finally decided it wasn't helping anything, other than Sheep Song, which I never use anymore.
      ~ Araius - 75 RDM - 75 BLU - 99.8 +3 Alchemy - Valefor ~

Comment

I find I learn spells a lot easier when /Brd, but that may just be coincidence.

Comment

I seem to learn alot of spells when my chr is +10 or more, dunno why. just seems easier.
          It's Official Promathia Hates me....
          それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
          Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
          A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

when I am around the same lvl like 2 lvl apart, I learn the spell generally on the first try or 3 tries at most.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

I've noticed that in the beginning, it took a few hours before I could learn a spell. This was back when I was around Lvs 1-5. I finally learned stuff like Foot Kick (I had tagged rabbits for probably 3 hours >.<!!) and Queasyshroom (learned this in 1st fight at LV4, so that was weird >.>.)

When I got around 8, I spent two afternoons in Windy trying to learn cocoon and helldive. Never could get em, but I did learn Pollen, Wild Oats, and Feather Storm (strangely enough) without a hitch. Finally on the 3rd afternoon, my 75RDM friend came out and helped me tag lots of mobs and tank them til eventually I got Cocoon and Helldive. But even that took about 2 hours. Started this at around 22 Blu skill and ended up at 25 or so, not capped for LV10.

Turned around after this and went to Bastok area and learned Sandspin, Sproutsmack, and Headbutt all within killing 1 mob. We weren't there even 30 mins.

Yesterday, went to go learn Sheepsong and Power Attack. Took about 4 sheep and then 1 beetle and I was done; ballpark of 15mins. Went to go learn Firebomb from the Warmachines in Outpost and almost did, but I lost aggro from the thing while in the river.

By the time I did this, I had xped already and got LV14 and capped Blu Magic at 46 something I think.

So it just seems random and the luck of the draw to learn blu magic. I didn't have huge CHR and on some mobs I wasn't within even 2 or 3 levels of the spell. However, skill does seem to play some kind of factor. Because when I started out, I had 1-3 points in skill and it seemed progressively much harder to learn in the beginning. Then I had a dry spell and a horrendous time learning Cocoon. I wanted to get it over with so much I became obsessed with crawlers >.>. Now I want to live like one and attack ppl zoning out of Jeuno into Rolanberry.

Anyway, just my thoughts!

[b]

Goodbye everyone.

Comment

I've been keeping track of how many times I observe each blue magic before learning it, and these are my results so far:
                Pollen: 3
                Foot Kick: 1
                Sandspin: 2
                Wild Oats: 5
                Power Attack: 1
                Sprout Smack: 6
                Cocoon: 6
                Metallic Body: 6
                Queasyshroom: 2
                Battle Dance: 2
                Head Butt: 6
                Feather Storm: 10

I noticed that several of the feather storms missed me, but the one I finally learned it from was a hit; that might explain why it took so long to learn, if misses don't count. (Most of the others either can't miss, or miss very rarely.) Aside from that, nothing has taken me more than 6 tries yet.

Of course, that isn't counting all the monsters that do a *different* TP move... and at low levels, you have to work at letting them survive long enough to get TP at all. (At very low levels, especially with low blue magic skill, Foot Kick and Power Attack will do less damage than a normal attack. This is useful if a monster is above 20% and refusing to use its TP, but you think one more normal hit will kill it. You don't even have to turn to face the target before using them.)
                Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

ll i know it is just out of random luck you learn a spell. A spell could take 1 kill it could take 1000 kills (its just a example like it could take 1000 kills) so you just have to stick to it and never give as one day you'll get.
                  "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                  "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                  "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Working...
                  X