Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLU Equipment Question

I am now BLU45/RDM22

I have nothing in my Ammo, Ranged or Shield slots.

Does anyone here have anything useful in any of those slots??

Just trying to get some ideas as to what can go in each one and what stats I can boost.

Thanks for the help!
    "Sub jobs are a lot like sex, you shouldn't have it until you're 18 and if you don't have it by 21 then you're made fun of"

Re: BLU Equipment Question

As far as I have seen there are no shields or ranged weapons blues can use. Got any holiday eggs? lol

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

There's always the level 30 latent effect shields.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

You could use a Faerie/Nymph Shield for resists, or a Magician's Shield if you're subbing rdm for an extra 10 hp and 5 mp.

In your ammo slot you could use a morion tathlum for int and mp, your RSE ammo for whatever that gives, or one of the holiday eggs.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Fortune egg +1VIT +1%mp, that's what i use.
          WAR57 THF43 BRD38 NIN36 MNK32 BST32 RNG31 DRK28 BLU43 WHM23 RDM19 SMN19 BLM18 DRG12 SAM13

Say gay or homo one more time and you're gonna aggro the back of my hand.

Comment

Magician's Shield is activated by SMN sub, not RDM sub. Warlock's Shield is activated by RDM sub and gives +7 HP and MP, but good luck ever getting a hold of one on AH. There's several BCNM's you can do for them, Mysterytour has it detailed pretty well.

For the ranged slot I used Fortune Egg for a while, then I recently got my RSE Sachet, for Hume the stats are STR +1 and INT +1 which is excellent for BLU. Depends on your race whether or not it's any good, but in general the Sachets give stats that you're typically weakest in, i.e. I think Galka and Elvaan one both give INT.
            ~ Araius - 75 RDM - 75 BLU - 99.8 +3 Alchemy - Valefor ~

Comment

Originally posted by Araius
              Magician's Shield is activated by SMN sub, not RDM sub. Warlock's Shield is activated by RDM sub and gives +7 HP and MP, but good luck ever getting a hold of one on AH. There's several BCNM's you can do for them, Mysterytour has it detailed pretty well.

For the ranged slot I used Fortune Egg for a while, then I recently got my RSE Sachet, for Hume the stats are STR +1 and INT +1 which is excellent for BLU. Depends on your race whether or not it's any good, but in general the Sachets give stats that you're typically weakest in, i.e. I think Galka and Elvaan one both give INT.
              Elvaan Sachet is STR +2. Still not bad, though.

Comment

Yeah nevermind about the Sachet giving what you're weakest in thing. Carry on
                ~ Araius - 75 RDM - 75 BLU - 99.8 +3 Alchemy - Valefor ~

Comment

Ah I get mixed up on those level 30 latent items. The names on some don't help at all. Wtf is a trimmer for example? Someone who prunes bushes? What job is that?
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                    Ah I get mixed up on those level 30 latent items. The names on some don't help at all. Wtf is a trimmer for example? Someone who prunes bushes? What job is that?
                    Heh. I do the same thing. No matter how many times I look them over, I have to review the stats via Somepage before I can buy. And even then I usually don't, because the one I got all excited about requries subbing something ridiculous. :/

Comment

I think Trimmer is RNG, but RNG might be beater's, in which case... Hmm...
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

ranger is beater's

Comment

Trimmer is BST. I don't know why, it just is. It's a real shame, too, 'cuz Trimmer's Earring gives Accuracy +5.

Comment

I was thinking of using merc shield(/war) +5 hp and +10 mp(not complaining) but they are never in stock. can't get linkshell together for BCNM run either, well unless it's "under observation".

Comment

I use morion talthum in range and use Nymph shield in sub when /THF
                              DRG 75 / RDM 70 / WAR 60 / BLU 50 /
                              WHM,BLM,THF,NIN, DRK 37 / Ramuh

Comment

Working...
                              X