Has anyone successfully learned Cocoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone successfully learned Cocoon

I have foot kick, pollen, metallic body and wild oats, yet I've killed 20 crawlers that used Cocoon and have had no luck, anyone gotten this so far?

Re: Has anyone successfully learned Cocoon

Cocoon is lv. 8 are you at lv. 8 yet and trying this? As I understand it you have to at least be at the level the spell is to learn it.

EDIT:

NM, just noticed you said you have metalic body... If that is lv. 8 coccoon is suppose to be that level too >.>

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I actually got cocoon before anything else. (I was like level 2 at the time)
      |o('o')=o *powpow*

Comment

Yea, I heard you can obtain abilties at level lower than normal, but you can't equip them. It must be extremely rare. So far I've learned everything I can at level 11, except Cocoon and Wild Oats.

Comment

9 levels. Hit with and seen all but Foot Kick. Only know Sprout Smack and Sandspin.
          All spells obtained!
          Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Finally got it yesterday. It's rediculous.

+50% Defense
            Slotting gives you +3 VIT
            1 Blue Magic Point, 10MP cast, approximately 45s-1m duration (probably based on Blue Magic skill)

soloing 140xp goblins? Yes, Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Atma
              Finally got it yesterday. It's rediculous.

+50% Defense
              Slotting gives you +3 VIT
              1 Blue Magic Point, 10MP cast, approximately 45s-1m duration (probably based on Blue Magic skill)

soloing 140xp goblins? Yes, Please.
              Damn, +50% Defense... That would be a sickening amount of defense if a Heavy Gear set Job had that. I mean PLDs get like what 300-400 defense? stack that on for 450-600 defense

Damn wonder if BLU gets anything that's like a Berserk. >.>

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I have been having an absolutely horrid time trying to get Cocoon, its been well over 9 hours and I still havent learned it, I even gave Azure Lore a go after a crawler used it, then defeated it and got nothing ><

Edit: Right after making this post I got it XD

Comment

wow.... permenant vit+3 with it equipped. Then another 50% defense when casted... All for 10 mp... Even metallic shield is 19 mp...

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop
                    wow.... permenant vit+3 with it equipped. Then another 50% defense when casted... All for 10 mp... Even metallic shield is 19 mp...
                    and this is why it's going to be nerfed. I can't say it enough.
                    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
                      and this is why it's going to be nerfed. I can't say it enough.
                      Or hopefully S-E buffs the other classes so every class has some use in a situation..

Comment

Originally posted by SpectrumFoxheart
                        Or hopefully S-E buffs the other classes so every class has some use in a situation..
                        Nah, that would make too much sense.
                        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I think BLU's gonna get the Nerf Stick too. They can do very serious damage, and have quite an impressive MP Pool to draw from. Self Skillchain, and Self Magic Burst?

I like the damage, and I think once you have the spells, it's gotta be a fun job, but A rated Sword, good damage for decently low MP consumption is just a little over powering. PUP needs to get some Steroids, and BLU needs to be toned down a bit.

But back to the original post:

From what I'm told, 10~14 levels below a spell is the cut off. There's a Lv.40 BLU in my LS who has all the spells for his level to the best of my knowledge, and he seems to learn spells pretty easily. (However he is married to a Lv.75 PLD who helps him get all his spells. lol) My BLU's Lv.8 or 9 I think, and I can't learn Cocoon for the life of me either. Or Sprout Smack. I've spent like 3 hours Slow'd the entire time trying to learn it, and I can't. These are Vs. EP~EM Sprouts, and my Blue Magic skill is cap'd.

Maybe this is pay back for me learning Pollen on my 2nd fight as BLU, and for learning Head Butt when an Orc agro'd me and I learned it the 1st time. Another LS member is Lv.17 I believe, and he still can't learn Healing Breeze! Learning the spells for this job is so frustrating, at least for me and a couple of my LS members.
                          Odude
                          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Oh god. If they nerf Cocoon then I won't be able to solo without the rediculously expensive gear. >.>;
                            But I'm a Support BLU because of myself having trouble making money, mainly.
                            (People make 12 mil a day whereas I only managed to make 10-50k/ day).
                            Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
                            Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

I'm not seeing the point of nerfing Cocoon. It's good, so what? It's a very handy tool, and makes the job easier to solo with and makes it a viable sub in lots of cases, but it's not overpowered.
                              ~ Araius - 75 RDM - 75 BLU - 99.8 +3 Alchemy - Valefor ~

Comment

Working...
                              X