This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLU abilites?

Nicolette posted this on the BG forums: http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8713

make what you will (not formatted very well):
    new blu abils and stats for equipping them? found first by uzor and odon and myself of quetzalcoatl

Poisons enemies within range and gradually reduces their HP.
    MND+2 a line help text
    Deals water damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: STR Down.
    MND+2 a line help text
    Absorbs a certain amount of damage from physical and magical attacks.
    a line help text
    Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.
    VIT+1 CHR+1 HP+10 a line help text
    Steals an enemy's MP. Ineffective against undead.
    MP+5 Deals dark damage to an enemy.
    HP-5 MP+5 a line help text
    Deals earth damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Accuracy Down.
    VIT+1 a line help text
    a line help text
    Damage varies with TP.
    AGI+3 a line help text
    Delivers a threefold attack. Accuracy varies with TP.
    STR+1 Increases attack speed.
    AGI+2 Deals ice damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: "Bind."
    INT+1 Deals lightning damage to an enemy. Additional effect: "Stun."
    DEX+3 Sacrifices HP to damage enemies within range. Affects caster with Weakness.
    STR+2 Deals wind damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Weight.
    AGI+3 Deals ice damage that lowers Agility and gradually reduces HP of enemies within range.
    INT-1 Deals water damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Poison.
    MND+1 Deals wind damage that lowers Vitality and gradually reduces HP of enemies within range.
    AGI+1 Enhances magic attack.
    INT+1 Additional effect: Weakens attacks. Accuracy varies with TP.
    HP-5 MP+10 Accuracy varies with TP.
    VIT+2 INT+1 MND+1 Steals HP from enemies within range. Ineffective against undead.
    HP-5 MP+5 Steals an enemy's HP. Ineffective against undead.
    HP-5 MP+5 Damage varies with TP.
    INT+1 Deals water damage to enemies within area of effect.
    MND+1 Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.
    HP-5 MP+15 a line help text
    Enhances defense.
    VIT+3 Reduces the attack speed of enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.
    VIT+1 Restores HP.
    CHR+1 HP+5 a line help text
    Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.
    MND+1
    a line help text
    Damage varies with TP.
    MND+2 CHR+2 HP+5 Deals earth damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Weight.
    VIT+2 a line help text
    Deals dark damage to an enemy.
    HP-5 MP+15 a line help text
    a line help text
    Delivers a threefold attack. Damage varies with TP.
    INT+1 Weakens defense of enemies within range.
    AGI+2 a line help text
    Deals wind damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Blindness.
    AGI+1 Delivers an area attack. Damage varies with TP.
    VIT+1 MP+5 Deals light damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Slow and Silence.
    Damage varies with TP.
    Delivers a threefold attack. Accuracy varies with TP.
    DEX+2 Steals an enemy's HP. Ineffective against undead.
    Lowers Intelligence of enemies within range.
    Reduces an enemy's TP.
    AGI+1 Enhances evasion.
    Enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster are frozen with fear.
    MP+15 Puts all enemies within range to sleep.
    CHR+1 HP+5 Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.
    AGI+1 a line help text
    Steals one beneficial effect from an enemy.
    AGI+2 a line help text
    Restores HP for party members within area of effect.
    CHR+2 HP+10 Silences an enemy.
    AGI+1 a line help text
    Puts all enemies within range to sleep.
    CHR+1 HP+5 Damage varies with TP.
    HP+5 a line help text
    Damages enemies within area of effect with a twofold attack. Damage varies with TP.
    VIT+1 Gives enemies within range a powerful disease that prevents recovery of HP and MP.
    HP-5 Damage varies with TP.
    DEX+1 CHR+1 HP+5 a line help text
    Deals fire damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.
    STR+3 a line help text
    Restores HP for the target party member.
    CHR+1 HP+5 Damage varies with TP.
    STR+2 DEX+1 Shoots multiple needles at enemies within range.
    VIT+3 AGI+3 Additional effect: Sleep. Duration of effect varies with TP.
    STR+1 Additional effect: Slow. Duration of effect varies with TP.
    MND+1 Puts all enemies within range to sleep.
    HP-5 MP+5 Additional effect: Poison. Duration of effect varies with TP.
    a line help text
    a line help text
    Additional effect: Vitality Down. Duration of effect varies with TP.
    CHR+1 HP+10 Deals earth damage that inflicts multiple status ailments on enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.
    INT+2 MND+2 Removes one beneficial magic effect from enemies within range.
    HP-5 MP+10 Deals water damage that lowers Strength and gradually reduces HP of enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.
    MND+1 a line help text
    Deals ice damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Paralysis.
    INT-2 a line help text
    Lowers the evasion of enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.
    INT+1 Delivers a fivefold attack. Accuracy varies with TP.
    INT+1 MND-1 Greatly lowers the accuracy of enemies within range for a brief period of time.
    HP+20 CHR+2 Enhances defense and covers you with magical ice spikes. Enemies that hit you take ice damage.
    INT+3 MND+3 Enhances magic defense.
    MP+10 VIT+2 AGI+2 Covers you with magical lightning spikes. Enemies that hit you take lightning damage.
    STR+3 DEX+3 Enemies within range are temporarily prevented from acting.
    HP+10 MP+15 Accuracy varies with TP.
    VIT+1 HP-5 MP+5 Deals fire damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: "Bind."
    STR+1 a line help text
    Delivers an area attack. Additional effect: DEX Down. Duration of effect varies with TP.
    DEX+2 Blinds enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.
    VIT+1 Delivers an area attack. Damage varies with TP.
    INT+1 Damage varies with TP. Additional effect: "Stun."
    DEX+2 a line help text
    a line help text
    Throws a bomb at an enemy.
    STR+2 a line help text
    Delivers an area attack. Additional effect: "Stun." Accuracy varies with TP.
    DEX+2 Deals wind damage to enemies within range.
    AGI+1 a line help text
    Additional effect: Enmity Down. Chance of effect varies with TP.
    MND+2 Gives party members within area of effect the effect of "Stoneskin."
    VIT+1 Lowers the defense and magical defense of enemies within range.
    HP-5 MP+5 Reduces an enemy's TP. Additional effect: Blindness and "Bind."
    CHR+1 HP+15 a line help text
    Enhances accuracy and evasion.
    VIT+1 Deals fire damage to an enemy.
    STR+3 Additional effect: Poison. Chance of effect varies with TP.
    CHR+2 HP+5 a line help text
    Delivers an area attack. Additional effect: "Stun." Damage varies with TP.
    MND+2 Delivers a fivefold attack. Damage varies with TP.
    DEX+2 AGI+1 Enhances magic attack and magic defense.
    HP-5 MP+5 Damage varies with TP.
    STR+1 DEX+1

Thanks Yyg!

Re: BLU abilites?

Hopefully, someone else can give us a better idea of a Blue Mage's spells.
    You kill one man, your a murderer
    Kill many and your a conquerer
    Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Saw gob bomb and 1000 needles. I'm guessing one of the threefold attacks is Goblins Rush and another would be Jet stream. Guessing that a few of them are from crabs (water damage and str down). Interesting to see what exactly you can get from them. Also didn't notice any pt buffs like Healing Breeze or the beetles evasion up move. Wonder if those won't be in there since it would be so hard to get them (not even sure if beetles can affect eachother with those evasion moves).
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

From the information I got off that, each ability you can equip, adds to your stats.

"Five Fold Attack"... wow...

This job class is going to be borderline broken on how powerful and versitle it seems. And with all the TP based skill, it looks as if ther is no choice here but to be a front-line mage with this...

Maybe Blu/Sam will be the best combination?

Regardless, I am definaly making Blue Mage highest priority for getting when I have the expansion.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
          Saw gob bomb and 1000 needles. I'm guessing one of the threefold attacks is Goblins Rush and another would be Jet stream. Guessing that a few of them are from crabs (water damage and str down). Interesting to see what exactly you can get from them. Also didn't notice any pt buffs like Healing Breeze or the beetles evasion up move. Wonder if those won't be in there since it would be so hard to get them (not even sure if beetles can affect eachother with those evasion moves).

They are there.

Theres a Single Target Recovery one and an AOE one listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrist
            From the information I got off that, each ability you can equip, adds to your stats.

"Five Fold Attack"... wow...

This job class is going to be borderline broken on how powerful and versitle it seems. And with all the TP based skill, it looks as if ther is no choice here but to be a front-line mage with this...

Maybe Blu/Sam will be the best combination?

Regardless, I am definaly making Blue Mage highest priority for getting when I have the expansion.
            That's the reason you can't use all those abilites, you're given an alotted amount of slots to fill with a spell. My bet is the big attacks like the "Five Fold Attack" and the one resembling "1000 needles" will consume a huge amount of those slots so you'll deal crazy damage but end up limiting what else you can do. That way if you go to much into attacks you hinder your defense and vice versa which would make BLU very plaible for multiple situations, but keep them from being broken in that they can still have weaknesses.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
              That's the reason you can't use all those abilites, you're given an alotted amount of slots to fill with a spell. My bet is the big attacks like the "Five Fold Attack" and the one resembling "1000 needles" will consume a huge amount of those slots so you'll deal crazy damage but end up limiting what else you can do. That way if you go to much into attacks you hinder your defense and vice versa which would make BLU very plaible for multiple situations, but keep them from being broken in that they can still have weaknesses.
              Well, even as a subjob, those limited slots can still be of great benefit.

Imagine for a moment say ... red mage. Subs Blue Mage, and fills his slots with skills that give him strenght and accuracy bonuses. Even those small amounts of stat bonuses are going to be of large benifit to the Red mage, who now has another means of icressing his stats ontop of equipment.

Now think of that with a Blue Mage, who has many more slots avialable as a main job, and the abilitiy to simply focus on certain skills and stats in certain parties, for example, str abilities and multi-hit Phsyical Blue Spells, using Blue Chain to help with skillchian, or go reverse, on INT and MP bonuses, and using Blue Burst to help with magic bursts.

It really looks like SE built this job to be valuable to the party, but can fill alot of differnt roles. However primarily I see this as a Front Line DD Hybrid class.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustler_One
                They are there.

Theres a Single Target Recovery one and an AOE one listed.
                Thats what I get for skimming.
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrist
                  Well, even as a subjob, those limited slots can still be of great benefit.

Imagine for a moment say ... red mage. Subs Blue Mage, and fills his slots with skills that give him strenght and accuracy bonuses. Even those small amounts of stat bonuses are going to be of large benifit to the Red mage, who now has another means of icressing his stats ontop of equipment.

Now think of that with a Blue Mage, who has many more slots avialable as a main job, and the abilitiy to simply focus on certain skills and stats in certain parties, for example, str abilities and multi-hit Phsyical Blue Spells, using Blue Chain to help with skillchian, or go reverse, on INT and MP bonuses, and using Blue Burst to help with magic bursts.

It really looks like SE built this job to be valuable to the party, but can fill alot of differnt roles. However primarily I see this as a Front Line DD Hybrid class.
                  Yeah, but the slots if I recall are suppose to be controlled by level. So question is how many slots will a 37 BLU have to use and how many does those certain abilities take up. I mean is you have 37 BLU and can only fill in 1 spell for a +3 Boost to a stat or so, that +3 Boost is alright but may not be as beneficial as just having a different sub that can benefit you better.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

wonder if the gobo bomb will have a % chance of the blue mage suiciding casting it :D hehe

Comment

my first thought about blu balance was exactly what macht pointed out.
                      skills like 1000 needles or healing wind or sickle slash might take up a large amount of your setup points. making anything else you try to do very limited. if they dont, they will most likely make the recast timers and/or mp usage on skills like these pretty darn high.

also, they said that you need to use a /ja to make that skill renkei-able and mb-able. look for timers on these to be like sneak attack or blood pact, or maybe even longer. they arent as foolish to let you freely renkei 1000 needles or mb gobbie bomb whenever you feel like it.
                      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I'm guessing normally BLU might be slightly stronger than a Thief, if that. While subbed it would most likely not offer the same amount of slots as it would at the same level normally. The same things happens when you sub a mage job, you aren't getting the same amount of MP.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                          my first thought about blu balance was exactly what macht pointed out.
                          skills like 1000 needles or healing wind or sickle slash might take up a large amount of your setup points. making anything else you try to do very limited. if they dont, they will most likely make the recast timers and/or mp usage on skills like these pretty darn high.

also, they said that you need to use a /ja to make that skill renkei-able and mb-able. look for timers on these to be like sneak attack or blood pact, or maybe even longer. they arent as foolish to let you freely renkei 1000 needles or mb gobbie bomb whenever you feel like it.
                          Yeah, but other thing to point out too is if those descriptions are accurate then for 1000 needles it says "Shoots multiple needles at enemies within range". The player modification to this could very well be that the damage potential ranges on the TP, so low TP means it might only get off like 100 damage total or something. So that's more compiled to it along with the slot space it consumes.

Comment

Also, with all these stats coming from your equipped blue magics, it's possible that the *base* stats of BLU will be significantly lower than other jobs, so using it as a sub might actually result in lower stats.

Still... 1000 Needles, Jettatura, Marrow Drain (the CoP bat MP drain), Blood Saber, Carnal Nightmare?!, Rhino Guard or something like it, Dispelling Wind or something like it, Whirl of Rage or something like it... plus single target and group heals, and area sleep, and that's just a few picked out of the list. If this is for real, it's going to be an *incredibly* versatile job. (How many of these spells you can have at once is another matter, of course... and how many you can have at all at 37 or less, and how effective they will be if you do have them through /BLU.)

Oh, and area silence, gravity and paralyze, too. How sick is that in Dynamis...? (Well, all three apparently also do damage, so maybe you won't want to use it much. But there's also area def/mdef down without damage - overall there's a *sick* amount of area debuffs.)
                            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                              Yeah, but other thing to point out too is if those descriptions are accurate then for 1000 needles it says "Shoots multiple needles at enemies within range". The player modification to this could very well be that the damage potential ranges on the TP, so low TP means it might only get off like 100 damage total or something. So that's more compiled to it along with the slot space it consumes.
                              id really hate to see blue magic be also dependant on tp. will it follow normal tp rules like 100+ to do anything? or any tp at all? if it did follow tp rules as we know it now, a blu will need to be melee equipped rather than mp equipped. having to melee to 100+ and use your /ja to activate blue magic renkei/mb and to have enough mana to use it seems a bit too much. if you cant get to 100+ and/or dont have the /ja ready, your 1000 needles turns into 10 needles? gah, the horror.

thats another thing, aoe. you know theres always those super dense and oblivious players running around or heck, just bad timing/judgement will ruin a party in a matter of seconds. think of dropping a goblin bomb on a darter in boyahda thinking you got space but it tags 1 leech, which in turn links the 20 other leeches in the zone. if suppose you can refrain from using aoe skills if you know where you are going before hand, but you know theres going to be those players that just dont listen. goodness.....
                              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Working...
                              X