Sorc. Ring Latent - Nuke in White HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorc. Ring Latent - Nuke in White HP

As anything else in life, FFXI is a constant learning experience. You always go from what normal in-game thinking is to sitting back and crunching the numbers later on paper.

So I heard that it's possible to nuke with Sorc Ring latent on while having white HP. Didn't know this before.

Apparently, if I have 1k HP, and use HP<=>MP Convert Equipment and get my HP to less than 750, the latent will still take effect, even though I don't have to be in the yellow, but can have white HP.

All this time, I had been told you had to have yellow HP or it wouldn't work. As in, equip all your convert to MP gear and get your HP down, then swap it back out and bam, you have yellow HP and can trigger latent. But I was doing some reading today on www.ffxiah.com and someone mentioned you don't have to do it that way, just keep on the convert to MP gear. (as in Ixion cape and Z.Mitts and such.)

What else has anyone heard on this? Guess I'll test it when I can. But seems the rule is simple enough on sorc ring. Have less than 3/4 of your hp and the latent kicks in. This is on your normal unaltered HP amount for your character, not on whatever your new current HP amount is after convert gear swap.

Sorry if I'm 8 years too late lol. I just thot it was interesting.
    °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
    sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Re: Sorc. Ring Latent - Nuke in White HP

Sorcerer's Ring - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Latent effect

* Active while HP < 76% (yellow or lower) and TP < 100%.
    * HP calculation uses maximum HP excluding all Convert HP to MP, Convert MP to HP and HP+% effects and the effects of equipment in the Back and Ring slots. See discussion
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Sorc ring latent is based on your base HP. Convert gear doesn't count while nuking. If you fiddle around with it, you can make it so you can nuke without yellow HP. Being galka though, I would expect you would need more gear (definitely some zenith) or you'll be carrying around 12 slots or so just to hit your latent.
      Last edited by Mog; 05-10-2010, 09:58 PM.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

No this is a good point, because for the other lvl 50 rings, they vary in the fact that you do need to be @ 75% or less, if i recall correctly. (specifically, Minstrel/Medicine)

Those do have to be in @ 75 or less instead of 76. I know my brd/nin has to be @ 904 hP (which is yellow) when he casts to get the benifet of his Minstrel's ring (that and manteel along with loquac are so broken, just need rostrum's to shater fools worlds!)

Comment

Speaking of the Medicine Ring, apparently it's possible for a WHM to get 54% Cure Potency right now o_O
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Checked last night and I have 1108 HP. I have 3 pieces of Zenith gear, Serket, and Ether rings, and am able to get it down to less than 885 with no qualms. Yay.

Too bad on the white hp thing, but it really doesn't matter I suppose. I was just hoping to not have to gear swap.

THANKS!~
            °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
            sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

I know I am a few days late on this topic but I have been using a Sorc. Ring for a very long time and have always nuked in white HP. You must be wearing at least one piece of Convert HP>MP gear while nuking. For most BLMs Zenith Mitts are golden for this. For full Morrigan BLMs most use Ixion Cape. Your HP will read 76%+ but the latent on the ring will still activate.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X