NM Farming as BLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM Farming as BLM

Quick question regarding farming for equips as BLM Taru.

I'm currently 69 BLM, and it's my highest leveled job. Second is 42NIN. I normally sub WHM on BLM unless I'm doing a burn party that would require me to have shadows to absorb hits.

I was wondering about NM farming. There are quite a few NMs that drop good equip for BLM. (Moldavite Earring, etc.) Some of these mobs are resistant to magic, or even if resistance is floored I notice that a spell like a blizzard II doesn't take a large enough chunk out of the HP bar to be effective. Let alone a tier 3 spell or tier 2 ga spell considering the MP used.

Is there a more effective way to drop NM's as BLM main? Especially considering if I wanted a more likely drop I'd be subbing THF. Which means no Cure, Stoneskin, Blink OR Shadows.

Id give more specific details regarding the mobs but I don't have the resources available at the moment as I'm military and this is the only FFXI-Related website I can access.

Any advice, tips, or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: NM Farming as BLM

Well, any type of high-level farming (including NMs with BLM) is generally done with the following:

1.) /RDM -for Nuke, gravity, repeat
    2.) capped enfeebling/dark/elemental magic skills

You want to be sure after you nuke a mob, it doesn't come at you and interrupt your next spell. Gravity helps a lot and gives you a chance to get a distance between yourself and the mob. There are many ppl solo'n hard stuff as blm/rdm and I'm sure they will chime in with advice. I'm only telling you what really really helps your success rate at not dying
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Comment

Re: NM Farming as BLM

I was already WHM 75 when I went after Moldy. I think I went /THF for TH1.

Otherwise you find someone to help you camp and kill it. That's what linkshells are (supposed to be) for. Then you help them with something else later.

Also, be sure to check up on the NM on ffxiclopedia.org to find out if you have a job that is known able to solo it. And if there is someone else camping it, be sure you know how to claim it fast. For WHM you Flash it, for BLM, you Stun it.
      Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
      99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
      F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
      >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
      X