BLM duo camps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM duo camps?

I've seen guides for good places to solo blm, but my buddy is leveling blm and we both are level 60, so... Where are good camps to duo up to level 70? I understand 70+ the best camp is Mount Zhyalom (sp?)
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: BLM duo camps?

At level 60 I would say duo rats in Adyeewa(sp?) Subterrain. Target the RNG type mobs and they only use ranged attacks which are easily blinkable and absorbed by stoneskin. You won't get SS til 66 I believe but they should still be rather easy to duo.

You can also duo gob pets in bibiki bay for a few levels and then solo them until 65-66.
    sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't you simply be able to duo at any of the camps BLM would solo at? I would check the soloing guides on the wiki.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Black Mage Solo Guide by Lion heart - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

This really should be stickied if it hasn't been yet....

The guy denotes (usually) when you can attempt to duo each camp.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I knew i could duo at a solo camp, i was just wondering how it would affect the xp. I was thinking there might be other camps that can't be soloed, but by duoing them would provide better xp than the solo camps.
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok
          CoP: Done
          ZM: Done
          ToA: Done
          Assault rank: Captain
          Campaign Medal: Medals
          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

At bibiki bay at @60 xp is 200 most of time

Comment

Just go to the "solo camp" a level earlier, and leave a level earlier. The exp rate should be about the same.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I'd say probably about 3 levels, with the exception of the one-shot ones.

Comment

Yeah 1 level is definitely too early, I can tell you that from experience. You need to go at least 2 early, if not 3 like Nuriko says or the exp can drop by almost 50%.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Just make sure to get Sanction or Signet and you'll be happy, and possibly use your xp ring when available.
                    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                    sigpic

Comment

I would also say a good camp to duo at Is bibiki bay pet. Duo there till Lv 64ish then jump to Metamorph mountain [S] err however its spelled. near where u drop the egg for DRG job quest is a camp area where its safe to set up in that hugh hole. Ur after the Elementals from the Yag there. do them till ur 68ish then go inside the Castle and camp the stairs past the 4 switch lock. theres 2 yags circleing a lamp one is a SMN and xp there will be Cherry for you 2. I dont need to say for someone to sub WHM for RR or bring RR item(s). GL and TC

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        Yeah 1 level is definitely too early, I can tell you that from experience. You need to go at least 2 early, if not 3 like Nuriko says or the exp can drop by almost 50%.
                        With a duo, you have the freedom to go 2 or 3 levels early, but it's not always necessary, or even optimal. As a solo BLM, you may not be able to kill and then fully rest in time to immediately pull the next spawn. With a duo, that's far more likely. So the increased kill speed can make up for the exp cut, and the resulting overall exp-rate can be quite close to what you would expect if you had gone solo.
                        Lyonheart
                        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
                        X