X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrinor
    replied
    Re: Black Mage Partying?

One thing to keep in mind: soloing is an entirely different animal than what you will experience end-game as a BLM. While soloing may get you to 75 OK, it doesn't teach you how to 1) Manaburn as a team of BLMs and 2) How to operate effectively in a normal PT. I'd recommend you at least flag up and try to get a sense of what it's like playing BLM this way so that when you get to 75, you know what everyone will expect you to know.

I know I'm oldschool (I leveled BLM almost exclusively in a standard XP setup and never soloed), but it saddens me to see 75 BLMs with no idea how to burst on a SC, how to time nuke, control hate, set elemental debuffs, etc. You should know by 75 which sets of 3 elemental debuffs you can cast without overwriting each other. You should know what elements burst off light. Etc. I know this sounds obvious but I'm being serious: there are 75BLMs who soloed the whole way there and do not know this stuff.

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you have a fun time leveling the job as I did, just try to experience this stuff along the way so that when someone calls ":52" in your end-game event when you're in the BLM PT, you know what the heck it means

Leave a comment:

• Jonastb
    replied

I soloed blm from 35 to current level of 65. I used /nin a lot of the time. It saved me a lot when trying to sleep the mobs when I couldn't one shot them.

Leave a comment:

• Feenicks
    replied

Once you get over the initial fear, you can solo BLM very easily and quite effectively. I soloed quite a lot from 60-75 and a guy in my LS levelled BLM from 1-75 by soloing only. And this was before Campaign as well.

Leave a comment:

• Rothy
    replied

Alright, I think I will try it out. Thank you for the help.

Leave a comment:

• TheGrandMom
    replied

Well, blm's do have an issue partying in the higher levels. Melee burns are really what most people prefer and many times blms are left out. But if you have a good ls, ask people to form a static with you using ls members. People are usually looking to level another job in an ls. You usually get better players using lsmates too. I've found around level 60 that the invites have slowed down but you can also do manaburns and even solo or duo mobs. I was just duo'ing tonight in sky with another blm trying to get some diorites. Even though the exp is slower, its still a lot of fun.

As far as subjob, both /whm and /rdm have their applications and you should level both.

Leave a comment:

• Rothy
    started a topic Black Mage Partying?

Black Mage Partying?

I've heard recently that BLM hardly get party invites..

I was really hoping to level to 75 via. partying as my LS needs a BLM for events and such.

So, I have some questions..

1) Do BLM get party invites at higher levels? (If not, why?)
    2) Is WHM the main sub for BLM?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Working...
X