This may be a glitch or nerf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be a glitch or nerf.

Ok I have found this out, when I cast stone 2 It takes 137 damage off of a mob... but when I cast it
    again it takes 2 damage off of it. Is this how it should be? or is this an game error?
    Test

Re: This may be a glitch or nerf.

Your INT or the mob's INT must be changing between casts, or you're nuking a NM.

Comment

Oh I see maybe I was not paying attention to the buff that I was given. this might be it.
      Test

Comment

Or the mob just resisted more so on the second cast.

http://www.neko-sentai.com/users/dracovivi/

Comment

A resist would cut the damage by a fraction (e.g. 1/2), not just subtract 2. Something changed to cause either MAB or base damage to decrease or you're encountering NM escalating elemental resistance.

Calculating Magic Damage - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Two damage sounds a lot like removing an INT ring...

Comment

Originally posted by Bolla View Post
            Ok I have found this out, when I cast stone 2 It takes 137 damage off of a mob... but when I cast it
            again it takes 2 damage off of it. Is this how it should be? or is this an game error?
            Welcome to every blm's frustration. LOL
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

at least you can break 100 with stone 2 lol Id say you just hit a resist, btw happy mothers day tgm

sig courtesy tgm
              retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                at least you can break 100 with stone 2 lol Id say you just hit a resist, btw happy mothers day tgm
                A resist proper fractions the damage by a power of two (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16). The variation could be one of those "minor forces" that occur in Vana'diel or a change in gear. The base damage on Stone II is 78 so it's not unbelievable that it could break 100 damage very easily considering BLM gets a 20% MAB at 10 (24% at 30).

I assumed (though perhaps unwarrantedly) that since he's hitting 137 consistently and following up with 135 consistently that it's some sort of a statistically definable trend. However, the fact that it exists in the first place indicates some sort of fluctuation even if the fluctuation is some sort of random factor (that I'm not aware of). Barring randomness, there must be a change in the system. I don't know if normal mobs get some form of increasing resistance like NMs do, I haven't done a lot of study on nuking. As a RDM, I do nuke occasionally, but if I do it continually, I run out of MP and people get mad at me. If I'm on my own, I get mad at me for wasting MP when I could have been DoTing and/or meleeing.

Comment

Either you changed gear, or the mob is a higher level than the last one.
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                    Tyvm Mr. Mageo ^^
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I think the OP just hit an unreal resist ... not from 137 damage to 135, but from 137 damage to 2. That's about a 1/64 resist...

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                        I think the OP just hit an unreal resist ... not from 137 damage to 135, but from 137 damage to 2. That's about a 1/64 resist...
                        Unlikely.... The next mob that he fought probably had a little bit higher intelligence then the last.
                        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                          Unlikely.... The next mob that he fought probably had a little bit higher intelligence then the last.
                          Impossible to say since the OP was not kind enough to give any details at all about what he was fighting.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                            Impossible to say since the OP was not kind enough to give any details at all about what she was fighting.
                            I'm sorry for not giving out more info, The mob I was fighting was Goblin Digger in Yuhtunga Jungle. A party of 6 I cast stone 2 the goblin came after me, the warrior provoked it. I casted it again (unwise thing to do might get killed and kicked from party)
                            thats when it happend.
                            Test

Comment

This is also not how it works. I'll explain using equations.

There are different tiers of resistance call them n.

The lowest tier is 0, which means not resisted. The highest tier is 4.

Damage from a resisted spell is calculated as follows:

(Modified Damage) / (2 ^ n).

For example, if the OP's spell has a Modified Damage of 137, and it was resisted at tier 1:

137 / (2 ^ 1) = 137/2 = 68.5 damage

At tier 4 resist it would be:

137 / (2 ^ 4) = 137 / 16 = 8.6 damage

Comment

Working...
                              X