Boat glitch for mobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat glitch for mobs?

Uh ya I found this post on the internet and wondering if this is an actual confirmed glitch?
    Lemme know cuz my xbox is being repaired right now and i would like to know. The post is below.

This is an exploit that I had found quite a while back and since i just joined i'd through i'd share it. I will say this, I have posted this before on game secerts so you will see it on there as an older date. Since i just joined up to this site, I will share this info since it's very useful and I still don't see any using it, at least not on my server. At the Dunes, next to Selbina, there is a boat on Siren beach. There is a small space between the boat and cliff that you can walk through. The trick to this is that none of the mobs in this map are able to go through this space. What you do is blast a mob, run to the boat, and when it's approaching you, go through that space to the other side of the boat, and the mob is forced to go all the way around the boat to try to reach you. Just continue doing this while blasting it as it's going around the boat, and you can kill them without taking any damage. I got 200 xp from VT creatures. This works for up to about 22 or 23, and you can start at about lvl 14. The only other thing is that you have to be a taru in order to have enough mp to do this, or have 2 astral rings. Hope this helps you leveling up the blm and being able to avoid getting groups in dunes, as they tend to suck.

Re: Boat glitch for mobs?

I'm not sure if this exists still or not, but if I'm not mistaken it's technically against the ToS and a GM-callable offense if you get caught doing it.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

o ok thanks now I can report him, hes a guy on my server so thanks!

Comment

Like I said I'm not 100% sure, but iirc when they patched AV so that it can't be manaburned they also made a rule about using natural terrain glitches to have an unfair advantage. I don't know how strictly they enforce it, but knowing S-E it's probably two levels above using a keylogger to steal someone's account to use for RMT on the importance scale.

Comment

wow, thats kinda dumb I would say use an advantage if they are to lazy to patch it since that it was posted almost a year ago...

Comment

It's not a glitch so much as a legit kiting strategy. You can run around the boat and double back when the mob turns to go the other way, then repeat as necessary. This is a common strategy used to trio Ix'MNK as well, though at such a low level I don't think you could manage to kill it since you don't have Gravity, Stoneskin, or most of the Elemental DOTs.
            Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
            Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
            Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

lol Olo I nearly solo'd Ix'Mnk as /WHM the other night when the other 2 died. XD

I see though, I guess that's different if it's just considered kiting. I think the difference my be made if you run somewhere that the mob actually gets stuck and can't move to you at all.

Comment

ya i guess kiting but its not actually making the monster stuck because they just have to go around

Comment

I doubt this is bannable. Its not so much a glitch as it is using strategy with the environment.

I'd imagine this could work for SCH too.
                  Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                  Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                  Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                  Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                  Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

thanks

Comment

It's called pathing, and yes, it is a legit stratgity, and yes, it works. Other examples of this are the mountains in Tahongri Canyon(Though not as obvious or easy to pull off) and the ravines in La Thine Plateau.

The reason it works, is monsters have the ability to walk over just about anything. They can climb up trees, go through walls, and scale sheer cliffs. SE implemented this to prevent players from getting to an isolated area and raining death upon their foes, unable to be counter attacked. However, to prevent monsters from beelining right to the player and making 100 foot bounds onto say, the towers in Sarutabaruta, Saromunge Champaign, or Beaudecine Glacier, SE made it so monsters prefer to stay at their current elevation as much as possible, often making them run around hills, mountains, or in this case, boats.
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                      X