Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good guide for a newb

Hey everyone,

I've had the game now for a couple weeks but I've mostly been doing research in various forums before starting. I'd really like to start an amazing black mage. Does anyone know of a guide that might have a little bit of everything for a blm? Such as: Starting eq to use at certain levels (1, 8, 12, 15 etc.) The best hunting spots from level one to whenever I should start grouping. In addition, maybe a little starter help with gaining a little gil. Either through farming of crafts (interested in the cooking craft particularly). Seems quite a long shot to think there is a guide like that out there. But I've been patient and I'm ready to play. However, I still feel a bit lost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

PC

Re: A good guide for a newb

Just wing it.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Much of what you have asked for is readily available on these forums in great detail. There are no "great newb BLM gear guides", really, because newb mage gear is basically fixed. All the way up to AF practically, you just buy whatever the top end is. There are some pieces that are "special" you can snatch up like Eremite's Rings +1, the Black Silk Neckerchief, certain select pieces of +hMP you'll want to hang on to: Baron's Slops, Seer's Tunic, Pilgrim's Wand... Unless you're a Galka (and they can just suck down Rolanberry Pies tbh) the mantra of newb BLM is +INT, +hMP. Later on there is a lot of tweaking wrt gear, but you won't have to worry about that until you're well experienced enough to determine which gear will enhance your performance best. Level 10 is the start of Valkurm (Partying); go to Windurst if you want to cook, and don't leave the areas that touch your starting town until at least 10th--just keep /checking those mobs... If you die, well... you went to far.

Camping Guide: Campsitarus
      Last edited by Sabaron; 11-04-2006, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
        Much of what you have asked for is readily available on these forums in great detail. There are no "great newb BLM gear guides", really, because newb mage gear is basically fixed. All the way up to AF practically, you just buy whatever the top end is. There are some pieces that are "special" you can snatch up like Eremite's Rings +1, the Black Silk Neckerchief, certain select pieces of +hMP you'll want to hang on to: Baron's Slops, Seer's Tunic, Pilgrim's Wand... Unless you're a Galka (and they can just suck down Rolanberry Pies tbh) the mantra of newb BLM is +INT, +hMP. Later on there is a lot of tweaking wrt gear, but you won't have to worry about that until you're well experienced enough to determine which gear will enhance your performance best. Level 10 is the start of Valkurm (Partying); go to Windurst if you want to cook, and don't leave the areas that touch your starting town until at least 10th--just keep /checking those mobs... If you die, well... you went to far.

Heh, honestly that was probably the most informative and helpful guide I've ever read, and all in a single paragraph. It was to the point, gave you enough information to to start without spoiling anything and it didn't blow smoke up your aspirin. Print it and charge 19.95 hehe Thanks so much

PC

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post

Hey thanks that helps me alot too!!!

Comment

Working...
          X