This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenith mitts > Sorceror's mitts?

For Magic Bursts, would it be better to use Sorceror's Mitts or Zenith mitts?

Sorceror's mitts: Bonus damage added to Magic Bursts

Zenith Mitts: Magic Attack Bonus +5

I'm not sure what the exact, "Bonus damage added to MB" is, a little help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have a link to the website that shows the time-line of what SE was going to add coming with this expansion(ToAU)? They released it at the Fan Festival thing and I've seen it, just can't find it >.<
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: Zenith mitts &gt; Sorceror's mitts?

Sorcerer's Gloves give MAB+7 for a magic burst.

Comment

In other words... Macro it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
        In other words... Macro it in.
        yeah, i never thought of that <.<;;;

/sarcasm off

Anyway, thanks for your input, Keitre
        In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
        And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
        Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
        Yeah, It’s true.
        It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

hmm so basicly 2% more damage during MB? Sounds very trivial. But every little thing counts I suppose. For people aiming for the highest number possible, it's worth macroing it in over zenith for MB maybe. But for casual Blms Zenith alone will work just fine.

Hmm wait, to be able to get Zenith hands you can't really be casual eh....
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

When you can MB for an average of 1.8k damage, 2% is more than you would think.

Comment

Sorry to Hijack this thread, but....

What would be better for BLM? Zenith Mitts, or Genie Manillas?

I have a friend who is 100+3 with Bonecraft, and he owes me a favor (a few actually.)
              He's offered to synth me a signed Pair of Genie Manillias (after he gets back the gil he lost from breaking a Scorpion Harness >_<).

Do you think Elemental Magic Skill +6 and Magic Attack Bonus +3 > Magic Attack Bonus +5?

I'm 66 right now (don't pay attention to my sig, its not updated.) And at the rate I'm leveling BLM, i'll be 70+ in a week and a half.
              Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
              90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin
                Sorry to Hijack this thread, but....

What would be better for BLM? Zenith Mitts, or Genie Manillas?

I have a friend who is 100+3 with Bonecraft, and he owes me a favor (a few actually.)
                He's offered to synth me a signed Pair of Genie Manillias (after he gets back the gil he lost from breaking a Scorpion Harness >_<).

Do you think Elemental Magic Skill +6 and Magic Attack Bonus +3 > Magic Attack Bonus +5?

I'm 66 right now (don't pay attention to my sig, its not updated.) And at the rate I'm leveling BLM, i'll be 70+ in a week and a half.
                Personally I'd say the Z. Mitts. Manillias are a watered down version of both the AF gloves and the Z. Mitts. If you need the Elemental Skill, +15 is much more noticable then the +6 the Manillias give. The mitts wouldn't be that much of a noticable difference, but if you're going for best possible scenario, that would be it. It really depends on your LS though. I see you guys are an HNMLS, but you might be waiting a while before you would have acess to the Aquarian Abj: Hands vs 75Blms who I'd assume would take priority.

Comment

Like Mufasta said, when you need ele skill, such as most HNMs, af gloves would be best imo. Zenith is better for when you dont need to worry about resists. When I botted a friend's gimp blm to 90% of my HNM LS events over the course of 3 months, I always got better results going with full elemental gear, rather than MAB. For soloing and exp though, MAB was great.

Also, from testing with every teir 1-4 spell, ancient magic, and ga 1-3 spell on sauro mobs, I personally got about a 3.7% dmg increase from MAB+5. I forget the exact numbers, but I can try to dig them up if they didnt get lost last pc reformat if someone wants.
                  Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

Originally posted by Mufasta
                    Personally I'd say the Z. Mitts. Manillias are a watered down version of both the AF gloves and the Z. Mitts. If you need the Elemental Skill, +15 is much more noticable then the +6 the Manillias give. The mitts wouldn't be that much of a noticable difference, but if you're going for best possible scenario, that would be it. It really depends on your LS though. I see you guys are an HNMLS, but you might be waiting a while before you would have acess to the Aquarian Abj: Hands vs 75Blms who I'd assume would take priority.
                    I'm actually next in line (I believe, there might be another BLM who doesn't have mitts) for A. Abjuration Hands. My main is 75 WHM, and Zenith mitts are pretty good for WHM. (I'm hume, I don't really need that 50HP now do I? >_O).

My HNMLS always wants me to come on WHM to LS events. I'm basically the main healer at every event. 1) I've been in the LS the longest. 2) I come to 95% of events. (I can't make some, due to my work schedule, but it works out most of the time).

I was just wondering what the best for XP was. I was likeing the Manillas because they seemed to be a mix of the two.
                    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin
                      I'm actually next in line (I believe, there might be another BLM who doesn't have mitts) for A. Abjuration Hands. My main is 75 WHM, and Zenith mitts are pretty good for WHM. (I'm hume, I don't really need that 50HP now do I? >_O).

My HNMLS always wants me to come on WHM to LS events. I'm basically the main healer at every event. 1) I've been in the LS the longest. 2) I come to 95% of events. (I can't make some, due to my work schedule, but it works out most of the time).

I was just wondering what the best for XP was. I was likeing the Manillas because they seemed to be a mix of the two.
                      XP you'll want the Z. Mitts. Solo/Duoing, You shouldn't be fighting things that will resist and in parties, I doubt you'll find anything that will be so strong that you'll need the AF gloves constantly. Even then, an Elite Beret, Igqira Weskit, and an Elemental Torque should be overkill for resists in XP parties.

GL/Congratulations in advanced on getting your mitts.

Comment

Sorcerer's Gloves give MAB+7 for a magic burst.
                        It gives 5%, like Elemental Staves, not MAB. It beats Zenith by a couple %.

Comment

I imagine the two would be similar in damage, but not identical. I saw tests that came to MAB+7, but none for +5%. Then again those tests were very old. Do you have a link to the tests run that came out to +5%?

Comment

Working...
                          X