Fame for Aspir quest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fame for Aspir quest.

If you'd like to make the gil back, you could always quest it on a mule. Just use Cornettes to raise it's fame a bit, and then do the first quest to unlock the Aspir quest and buy the test answers. It takes a little bit of time (maybe 30 minutes), but it's easier than paying 250k for a scroll.

Comment

I made the mistake of selling it on both my Windurst mule and my main. I've already bought it again, and I suppose I could trek one of my other mules over to Windurst to quest it a third time, but meh. In the long run it doesn't matter.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

I've actually made a fair bit of gil by just deleting and recreating my Windurst mule several times. It's a bit time consuming, but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
          I've actually made a fair bit of gil by just deleting and recreating my Windurst mule several times. It's a bit time consuming, but it works.
          About a year ago, I quit FFXI. I liquidated all my +1 gear and sold my scrolls of Teleport-Dem, Holla, and Mea, then donated all my gil to the LS.

Needless to say, I came back to a flat broke character with no good gear.

And worse, a level 33 WHM with no teleport scrolls!

So I famed up a mule in all 3 nations, talked my wife into bringing her rdm along for Sneak + Invis, and repeated the quests.

It took about two days, but only because Bastok was in third place and I couldn't buy Cornettes.

The combined value of all three scrolls at the time I re-quested them?

Like 1.1 freakin million gil.

-sam
          "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
            The problem for me is that by the time I realized I'd want Aspir for myself, my Windurst mule was a level 60 cook. ><
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
              The problem for me is that by the time I realized I'd want Aspir for myself, my Windurst mule was a level 60 cook. ><
              Oops.

Comment

Haha!

I distinctly remember Aspir being rank 3 fame, because I did the quest when I was on my massive push for rank 4 fame to get the teleports.

BTW...Bastok, not Windurst where Aspir is at, is the singular WORST country to get fame in. It takes FOR EVER.

On the other hand...I lost two levels in a row trying to get Sandoria fame. Damn those sewer syrups and dire bats.

On topic, the test answers (which I regularly farmed in the past) used to go for 100k on midgard. Thankfully the price has dropped to about 10-20k now.

Also, if you're on midgard, send me a tell (Irisjir) and I'll take you with me to get a set if I'm bored. I simply adore going through the 3 mage gate and I'll grab any reason at all to do it.
                Last edited by Irisjir Callard; 06-26-2006, 07:19 AM. Reason: Because it looked like I was trying to quest for Aspir in Bastok

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

Originally posted by Irisjir Callard
                  Haha!

I distinctly remember Aspir being rank 3 fame, because I did the quest when I was on my massive push for rank 4 fame to get the teleports.

BTW...Bastok, not Windurst where Aspir is at, is the singular WORST country to get fame in. It takes FOR EVER.

On the other hand...I lost two levels in a row trying to get Sandoria fame. Damn those sewer syrups and dire bats.

On topic, the test answers (which I regularly farmed in the past) used to go for 100k on midgard. Thankfully the price has dropped to about 10-20k now.

Also, if you're on midgard, send me a tell (Irisjir) and I'll take you with me to get a set if I'm bored. I simply adore going through the 3 mage gate and I'll grab any reason at all to do it.
                  Bastok and San'd fame are easy, if repetitive - empty inventory, get a billion stacks of Millioncorn, and go slap Melyon around for a while. Totally safe, no risk involved, just turn down your sound because the quest completion noise gets annoying fast.

Windurst fame is a little more annoying. You buy cornettes in bastok which don't stack, and mailbox them to yourself, 8 at a time, FOREVER. It really helps if you have someone in bastok to help you, 'cause muling them would take...ah... hours.

I've never been through the three-mage-gate, although I really do want to go, I can't find a third mage and can't start the mission that gives you the pendant because I've already started 5-1.

I bought my test answers for 40k due to time constraints.

-sam
                  "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

Originally posted by samarium
                    Bastok and San'd fame are easy, if repetitive - empty inventory, get a billion stacks of Millioncorn, and go slap Melyon around for a while. Totally safe, no risk involved, just turn down your sound because the quest completion noise gets annoying fast.

Windurst fame is a little more annoying. You buy cornettes in bastok which don't stack, and mailbox them to yourself, 8 at a time, FOREVER. It really helps if you have someone in bastok to help you, 'cause muling them would take...ah... hours.

I've never been through the three-mage-gate, although I really do want to go, I can't find a third mage and can't start the mission that gives you the pendant because I've already started 5-1.

I bought my test answers for 40k due to time constraints.

-sam
                    I think Meylon's fame caps at about 5 or so, because I had to go back and re-quest from rank 4 to 6 to get my avatar summons.

Which I then proved incompetent at....

But the point of the story was that after awhile I was trading and trading and fame wasn't going anywhere, so I gave up and did it the old-fashioned way, by running around talking to every NPC in sight and accepting every quest I came across, then massively looking every single one up on the internet, filling a notebook with the instructions I found, and then following said instructions.

Actually it was more a process of randomly running around making wild guesses as to where I could get a cuscene closer to my eventual goal.

Windurst fame is easy and makes people rich if they do it right.

Go to windy, change to low-level job, empty inventory, set homepoint in Windurst Waters. Fight crawlers for EXP, silk, and calculuses. Give the calculi to the dhamel lady, sell the silk for loads of gil, and level a job all at the same time.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                    If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                    *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

Working...
                    X