Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLM Tactics - How do they change at different levels?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    well, I tend to cast
    Shock first - this helps all subsequent enfeebles land. Good thing to cast when there's a redmage casting alot of debuffs.

    On highly evasive mobs that your melee seem to be missing alot, cast Frost. Frost lowers evasion, and consequently makes your melee much more effective.

    Against mobs that you're getting a lot of resists against, cast Burn.

    Always use the spells your mob is weak against. Yes, other spells *might* do more damage, but they tend to get resisted and end up doing almost no damage. Sucks casting a 98 mp Water III against a crab for 120 or so damage, when Blizzard II and Thunder II do 250+.

    Learn how to conserve your MP, and try to rest whenever possible. Don't waste MP on spells like blink/stoneskin unless your tank has been sucking it up, or you get a moment where somebody is afk.

    Always use Pumpkin Pies when you can afford it, and Melon Pies when you can't. Lower levels you can get away with just Apple Pies.
    For The Horde!!
    Current Gil total spent on gear:
    3,235,000
    Current Gil Value of gear:
    1,151,000
    Laughing when new players complain about prices:
    Priceless

    Comment


    • #17
      >Always use Pumpkin Pies when you can afford it, and Melon Pies when you can't. Lower levels you can get away with just Apple Pies.

      o.O; Ive always been using Apple Pies. ; Do people really mind?
      Kuno's super cool stats!
      Server - Bahamut | Nationality - San d'Orian | Rank - 9 | Jobs - 75 BLM/74 SMN

      Crafts-
      Fishing 100+ - Woodworking 80 - Cooking 35
      Lushang's: Ok!

      Comment


      • #18
        not really, but the way I look at it:
        Pumpkin Pie = +3 or 4 int (forget) +40 mp
        Melon Pie = +4 int +25 mp
        Apple Pie = +3 int +25 mp

        The most expensive of these, Pumpkin Pie, is cheaper than a stack of pld food, or blink powders, or arrows, etc. Why should I cheap out and get apple pies when everyone else in my party is paying like 15k gil just to exp...I just always felt I owed my party that much.

        I do tend to carry a stack of pumpkin and a stack of apple. I use apple at first, and if we're consistently pulling and chaining well, I'll start using pumpkin. If the group isn't...or people seem to go AFK alot, I keep using apple pies.
        For The Horde!!
        Current Gil total spent on gear:
        3,235,000
        Current Gil Value of gear:
        1,151,000
        Laughing when new players complain about prices:
        Priceless

        Comment


        • #19
          It's a good idea to keep a few different type of food.

          Personally, I carry melon pies, apple pies, and bubble chocolates. I will keep a few +1 pies if I can find them.

          There is little point for me to waste the best food if my party is going after low resistance/easier mobs. If my spells aren't resisted and I have more then enough MP, why bother? I just use bubble chocolate so I get MP back faster. However, as soon as I see resists and/or MP depleting too quickly, I bust out the good stuff.

          Like Astro said, when the rest my party is working that hard, it's only fair for me to try to match that effort.
          Junior Member?

          Join Date: 01-27-2004 -_-

          Comment


          • #20
            I always wonder about how important is those +mana pies give u actually. In a good pt, I rarely have a chance to rest to full before we start another chain.

            I know the +mana bonus is good for rdm for convert but I fail to see its essential to a blm. Perhaps someone can enlighten me about this?

            Comment


            • #21
              I posted on my blog some of the cheaper/easier to make food that I like:

              16 Witch Kabob-MP15 MND4 mp recovery+3-60mins
              37 Heart Chocolate-mp recovery+4-60mins
              48 Apple Pie+1-MP30 INT4 mp recovery+2-60mins
              56 Pamama Tart-HP10 MP10 DEX-1 INT3 mp recovery+2-60mins
              62 Melon Pie+1-MP30 INT5 mp recovery+2-60mins
              86 Marron Glace-MP15 AGI-1 INT4 mp recovery+1-60mins

              I use only these over normal pies for normal xp pt's these days. Making your own tarts is the bomb =)
              Shwiggy
              blm/whm
              Blog

              Comment

              Working...
              X