X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romyro
    replied
    Re: Is BST useful in End Game?

So you can be waiting even longer for the Sic timer than you already are? (inb4 jugs-only bst)
    no...so i can do Sic/ready moves with 200-300tp. Hopefully making them stornger.
    Or i can grab a pet, wait a min before engaging and use a TP move off the bat.

Leave a comment:

• Elwynn
    replied

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
    I’m eager to try out the new jugs though. And I want that ‘Pet: Regain” axe.
    So you can be waiting even longer for the Sic timer than you already are? (inb4 jugs-only bst)

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

How so? I finished the update overnight. At work so I cant check it out.

If you’re talking endgame wise I’m sure this update didn’t do much…which I’m sure most Bsts assumed. The ‘fencer’ trait is probably decent but I didn’t expect it to change a whole lot. I figured it would just be a little boost in damage for all subs (cept nin and dnc)

I’m eager to try out the new jugs though. And I want that ‘Pet: Regain” axe.

Leave a comment:

• DRblade
    replied

Well, it kind of looks like BST got screwed over in the long awaited version update.

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

I'm also pretty sure war/nin would outdamage war/bst with jug, and do just fine with agro.
    Maybe so….maybe DD/Bst is not the best option. Certainly worth trying IF those things were possible though.

But I still agree with this
    IF we had the strength of a full on dd player and also had a pet out. We'd be seriously overpowered.
    Imagine a full on DD…then tack on anywhere from 200-1000+ more damage per every 1-3 minutes.
    Vs Toughs and VTs, I’ve seen the fungar hit frogstic for 200-500, I’ve seen dark spore reach 7/800s (rare…but has happened), then there’s the ol’ 1000 needles. Which when I have my Mirke Wardecors on actually does 1125 damage…LDL’s double claw is 1 charge and does ok damage.

I dunno, I could be horribly wrong but for the time being, I think we’d be overpowered.

Leave a comment:

• Esoa
    replied

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
    I disagree but I guess we’ll never know since they cant equip jugs. I’ll tell you what though. Since were throwing out ‘if’s. IF snarl was 37 or less and Wars could use jugs. I’d be all over War/bst. Extra damage and the ability to transfer hate.
    I do my meriting on RDM and I'm not sure how hate is even an issue in party play. It's all about killing faster, not how worrying about a few hits that can be easily healed by the bored RDM or WHM. I'm also pretty sure war/nin would outdamage war/bst with jug, and do just fine with agro.

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

I disagree but I guess we’ll never know since they cant equip jugs. I’ll tell you what though. Since were throwing out ‘if’s. IF snarl was 37 or less and Wars could use jugs. I’d be all over War/bst. Extra damage and the ability to transfer hate.

Leave a comment:

• Esoa
    replied

Originally posted by Satori View Post
    IF we had the strength of a full on dd player and also had a pet out. We'd be seriously overpowered.
    Sadly, not really. Our jug pet damage is so weak that I suspect that even if a DD job like WAR or SAM could sub BST and use the jugs, they wouldn't. In a party we are like Dragoon...with the piercing bonus, without the attack and accuracy bonus, without jumps, and without even merits like they have to buff their pet. Or we could compare ourselves to PUP, which also has no DD abilities but their pet blows ours out of the water. It's pathetic and imo unacceptable that BST neither gets DD traits/abilities nor the ability to buff or enhance their pet in any way. We are the original pet job yet the worst of both worlds when it comes to party play.

Leave a comment:

• Clever Ninja
    replied

FoV practically makes any old "terrible camps" no longer an option you have to deal with. My BST is sitting at 61 atm(last final was on Tuesday so not alot of leveling until that passed) and frankly, you can do FoV for a long time. Very few camps will compete with that combination of xp from the mobs + FoV itself. One of my favorite things to do is grab a page before I log for the night, and the following day I just log in, do that page, grab another and if it's the following Game day already after the 2nd page(usually will be or will be close to 1) can grab a 3rd and knock them all out relatively quickly. I did the Western Altepa Page 1 outside Rabao for a LONG LONG time due to the fact it'd still be good xp, even until 55(went out to see if it still gave xp at 55 when I wanted an extra buffer)

Just smash thru FoV and keep your party flag up until you get Leave at 35 where everything suddenly gets alot safer.

Leave a comment:

• DRblade
    replied

For sure, I'm currently on Odin server but planning on changing servers in the very near future and I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

Oh…well then. Disregard some of the info in that last post lol.

From what I understand, BeastienMeister is still around…but I have not seen any of their pearls floating around. We've tried to contact some of the leaders to try and work something out but...not sure if we've had much luck.

I help run FunWithJugs (we were originally from Hades but it merged with cerb recently). If your still on Cerb, shoot me a /tell. We don’t have a level restriction but are trying to be adamant about pearling people who are serious about their pet jobs. Used to do sky regularly but the majority of people have what they want from there. But it's not out of the question. We do a lot of ZNMs & VNMs at the moment. Sea will probably pick up sometime after the update as well.

fellow pet jobs are always welcome.

Leave a comment:

• DRblade
    replied

I had played for a long time and quit playing shortly after ToAU was released. Was BST and SMN 75, and was in the BST/SMN LS on Cerberus - BeastienMeister (had to be BST25 to join). Was doing a lot of "end game" until I joined the Air Force and quit playing. Started playing WoW since it was more solo based but got bored with that and came back to FFXI.

BST is my fav job though and watching videos of Kaoz on youtube makes me want to be that much more diesel.

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

I’m not sure if you played before and if so what jobs you played (was this covered?)

But in any event, grats on unlocking Bst and getting to 12!!!!
    We on Cerb have a decent pet shell going. Unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to participate in much but there’s mountain of Bst knowledge there.
    Feel free to look me up should you ever decide to transfer.

I didn’t have FoV in my day but I’d be cracking out pages left and right if I did.
    Make sure you always get signet and get those xp rings (emp and anniv).
    Keep all beast seals because they can make you rich someday.

If you have not leveled Bst before, just keep in mind it gets muuuuuuuuuch better when you finally hit 35. I had so much trouble in the 20s that I took a 9 month break from ffxi because of so much frustration. Long story short, I didn’t research much about the job at that time.

When I came back, I read up on what I was doing wrong. Got to 35 and loved it ever since. ‘Leave’ is such a wonderful ability…

Leave a comment:

• DRblade
    replied

I just unlocked BST last night and got it to 12, but I think what I'm going to do is just level BST and hopefully join a really good all BST(pet) LS, will switch servers if I need to. I would prefer to level BRD first and do everything end game right away but I fear that doing it that way, I won't have the time to level BST then. But BST and BRD leveled together will just mean I can go as BRD but just to better my BST.

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

As cool as it would be, I agree.

I wouldn’t be opposed to one ability though to help us. I’m not saying we should be like WARs and have Attack bonuses and double attack because . If we did Bst would truly be a sight to see

…but a lesser version of berserk or something would be nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X