Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 BSTs vs Suzaku using Amigo (18 1000 needles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 BSTs vs Suzaku using Amigo (18 1000 needles)

Came across this the other day and I figured I'd share it here. A few of my friends migrated servers to join the LS, didn't see them in this vid

This is made by the Pet Linkshell on Ramuh, MonstersInc (http://www.monstersinclinkshell.com/):

There was some discussion of getting a bunch of Beastmasters together and spamming 1000 Needles during the last update. We finally got around to it today and gave it a try against Suzaku with a full ally of 18 Beastmasters. Suzaku takes 1,125 damage from 1000 Needles so we obviously picked him. All the other gods take 875 damage.

We were hoping to nearly one shot Suzaku since Wiki had claimed that he has 20,000 to 22,000 HP. If we got all 18 off it would have been 20,125 damage and with the additional melee of pets and weapon skills of the Beastmasters we would have been able to one shot it nearly, but it had too much HP to do that.

On the first one we managed to take off 79% in 13 seconds with the use of seventeen 1000 Needles. On the second one we were able to take off 67% in 9 seconds with the use of fourteen 1000 Needles. The missing uses were just late uses and didn't fit well if I left them in the video because of the delay.

The first one took 1 minute 46 seconds. The second one took 1 minute 32 seconds. As stated the huge majoirty of damage was done within the first 10-15 seconds. The rest of the kill was just the Amigos and Beastmasters hacking away at it.

Youtube - Suzaku - 1000 Needles spam (WATCH IN HQ)

Direct download can be found here.

http://monstersinclinkshell.com/foru...u1kneedles.wmv

Next time we do this we're going to have as many Beastmasters as we can build up 300% TP with Swords for Spirit's Within. Rampage and Primal Rend are decently ineffective against Suzaku, at least for Beastmasters and especially with Feather Barrier, so Spirits Within may be the best choice. We should be able to completely one shot him in 15 seconds next time.

As far as practicality goes, this isn't something we could do all the time. We have a lot of Sun Water built up, maybe 10~ stacks, but they're expensive and our use would definitely outpace the supply. I have been trying to think of other monsters to use this tactic on, monsters that are difficult but have around 20,000 HP.
    Original Source can be found in the BG Forums: [ame="http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86361"]1000 Needles x18 vs Suzaku - Order of the Blue Gartr[/ame]
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Re: 18 BSTs vs Suzaku using Amigo (18 1000 needles)

damn, i mentioned something like this in Nov but didnt get a chance to try it. Although i'm sure every Bst had the same idea.

MonsterInc has done some amazing things. A nice role model for any Pet shell.
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Nerf inc.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Looked to me like they had Summoners helping them on the run they finally beat him. You can see Diablos near the end, and there are a couple of smn in the group photo. I thought it was supposed to be 18 BST with Amigo...
        FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
        FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

i cant see the video atm, but iirc, MI usually has plenty of members that show up to events. As in well over the 18 alliance limit . The Smns were probably the back up damage if it didnt work out. after the 1000 needle spam went off, they probably droped a party and picked up a group of smns to finish it off.

about 6 Bsts and 4 smns can take out most (if not all) of the gods execpt kirin.
          99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
          -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
          -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

I'm pretty sure they can't 'one-shot him', due to him have more HP than they can put out. Others were there for the extra 2-3k dmg needed to finish him off.
            | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
            2/5 WAR +2
            Farsha(85)

Comment

Working...
            X