5 Beastmaster party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Beastmaster party

I talked some LS members into doing a Bst static with me, and I wanted to get some input on it. This isn't a discussion on whether or not we should do it, or this is not how the job should be played. Please refrain those types of comments.

We'll be starting at level 10 with 5 Bst and 1 Blu (not interested in the Bst job). Should we have 2-3 Bst/War for provoke and the rest /Whm..? These early levels will be a little rough since we won't have jug pets available.

Which brings me to my next question, I know all of the jugs available, and what levels the pets are for each jug, but I haven't found any guides for what specific jug pet to use at what lvl, and why. For example, at 23 we get access to 5 jugs with level caps of Hare 35, Sheep 35, Crab 55, Courier Carrie 75, and Homunculus 75. Is there a particular one that is better than the others? So far it seems like a tough decision on which to use. also, it seems as though they all have an AoE move, how much of a problem do you think this will be for a party of 5 jug pets?

Also, do you know anyone that has done this before? What were their experiences?
    "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Re: 5 Beastmaster party

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
    I talked some LS members into doing a Bst static with me, and I wanted to get some input on it. This isn't a discussion on whether or not we should do it, or this is not how the job should be played. Please refrain those types of comments.

We'll be starting at level 10 with 5 Bst and 1 Blu (not interested in the Bst job). Should we have 2-3 Bst/War for provoke and the rest /Whm..? These early levels will be a little rough since we won't have jug pets available.

Which brings me to my next question, I know all of the jugs available, and what levels the pets are for each jug, but I haven't found any guides for what specific jug pet to use at what lvl, and why. For example, at 23 we get access to 5 jugs with level caps of Hare 35, Sheep 35, Crab 55, Courier Carrie 75, and Homunculus 75. Is there a particular one that is better than the others? So far it seems like a tough decision on which to use. also, it seems as though they all have an AoE move, how much of a problem do you think this will be for a party of 5 jug pets?

Also, do you know anyone that has done this before? What were their experiences?
    Dang, if you were on my server, I'd have liked to got in on that BST party as a BST/DNC or BST/WAR. I just hit 23 on BST the other day and trying to hurry to hit 25 so I can get Sic.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Speaking of Bst/Dnc, looking to the future would you say switching from Bst/Whm to Bst/Dnc at level 30 is a good idea? Or would you recommend waiting until Bst is higher before switching?

Cons: Healing Waltz cures less than Cure II. If you can't gain TP, you can't dance.

Pros: Drain Samba is a decent Job ability, especially since everyone will be hitting the mob. You don't have to rest for MP between fights. You get an Evasion Bonus Job Trait from /15 Dnc.
      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
        Speaking of Bst/Dnc, looking to the future would you say switching from Bst/Whm to Bst/Dnc at level 30 is a good idea? Or would you recommend waiting until Bst is higher before switching?

Cons: Healing Waltz cures less than Cure II. If you can't gain TP, you can't dance.

Pros: Drain Samba is a decent Job ability, especially since everyone will be hitting the mob. You don't have to rest for MP between fights. You get an Evasion Bonus Job Trait from /15 Dnc.
        I myself can't really say on the /WHM bit, I'm gonna try to do BST as much as I can /NIN and /DNC if at all possible. I only have WHM leveled to 7 and unless I can solo WHM to 37 I have no plans to level it lol. Almost all of the BST that I've seen are either /WHM or /NIN depending on levels.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I would say you can all be /whm it always good to have more cure at low lv the one got hate dont cast the oder will get hate with the cure.

Comment

Come To Ragnarok
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
              Come To Ragnarok
              I have too many firends here, you come to Fenrir!

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
              I only have WHM leveled to 7 and unless I can solo WHM to 37 I have no plans to level it lol.
              You could start doing this now since your Bst is higher than your Whm, but I had a friend who solo'd Whm to 37 as Whm/Bst.

Comment

With /Whm you may want to focus on having more Mp in your gear setup. As I recently discovered upon hitting lvl 50 my Mp is 100 and I'm unable to cast raise.
                Also Jugs aren't always the way to go as many charmed pets stand a better chance against your prey. Allthough that's from a solo point of view. I've only Duo'd with another Bst but with technically a 10 man pt it should be ok.

It's a shame we're not on the same server I'd love to have an all Bst party.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

If you are 4 bst you could probably use all jug. i duo with a friend and we kill 1 or 2 at high lv. it save the uncharm i hate it im a tautaru and low hp is bad 3 hit and im dead

Comment

Charming pets wont be that viable, because the areas where they would want to fight with a pt of 6+ pets, all or most of the mobs in the area would be too high level to reliably charm. Personally I would have everyone pt/solo until 23 and then start your static when you are able to use jugs. Also, go with nq crab all the way until it caps (I believe at lvl 55) and then switch to CC.
                    sigpic

Comment

Update: I forgot to mention in my original post that since a couple of us have Bst of a higher a level than others we will be using a couple of other jobs in the short term.

Our first session went ok, nothing spectacular, especially when you consider it was in Valkurm. I was Drk, another was Sch, then 3 Bst and a Blu. We were there for about 3 hrs, and went from 10-15. Had a few deaths due to link or gob aggro. Once we hit 14 and the bat triplets were finally even match the Bst started charming and that's when things started rolling a little faster. Most of you already realize this, but curing at this level is rough. Cure II will not be available to the Sch until 17, and of course anyone /whm won't get it until their Main Job is 22.

Side Note: This was my first time playing in an FoV zone on a job needing mp. I absolutely loved the Refresh bonus. We all survived our first link because of that buff. The rr was great for minimizing the downtime from the first death.
                      Last edited by Solymir; 02-10-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

You made me post a request to my LS for a possible BST static maybe with all /whm and maybe once at higher levels adding a few cors (2) preferable. Whole LS is in a COR and BST kick anyways.

Comment

That's great. Unfortunately we ran into some issues with our static. Two people dropped out after that first weekend. We had a good second weekend doing some more low man party FoV in Buburimu. Then that next week one of the remaining 4 members got hacked. Since it was the second time for their account SE of course would not roll the character back to our server, and we've been waiting for them to be elligible for server transfer.

Comment

Wow that sucks big time. I just got the security token thing so hopefully my account is more protected. I''ve had many friends' that have had their accounts hacked.

Comment

The security token is a wonderful thing, and my friend has one now, so we're pretty confident that won't happen again. Just miss having them around though, they were in my first static for my first job.

Comment

Working...
                              X