X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRK/BST -Demo- Video

From this thread: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/bea...ing-bst-3.html

As requested by a user.

What I set out to do shortly was to record a short video demonstrating how I solo using /BST "efficiently", kinda like BST main.

Obviously depending on zone/level/camp things can change a bit, but it more or less demonstrates what I do currently and previously with my other jobs that I soloed to 75.

Download:

Video Download via Rapidshare
    Click "Free User" then wait for the countdown to finish, then click "Download".

It is 52mb in size. You will need WinRar to unzip it. You can obtain it from WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files if you haven't got it. It has been virus checked before I uploaded.

NOTE: The volume isn't as loud as I wanted it to be but I did not have time to recompile the video. You might want to turn it up a bit more than usual when viewing the video.

Explaination:

Some stuff I want to clarify during the video so you know what I was thinking before anyone decides to shout "THE HELL YOU DO THAT FOR?!"

I do not play as efficiently as some, although I know I can, but I do not see the need. Also DRK's offensive power is very strong, no doubt you're all aware of that, so I decided to use some quite basic gear (hey, it saves me money...):

Melee

Main: Mutilator (Level 40 Scythe, +3 Accuracy)
    Sub: None
    Ranged: Thug's Zamburak
    Ammo: Acid Bolt
    Head: AF Helm
    Neck: Parade Gorget (Peacock Charm if needing a boost)
    Earring1: Trimmer's Earring (+5 Accuracy under /BST)
    Earring2: Empty (Intruder's Earring usually but I keep forgetting it)
    Body: AF Body
    Hands: AF Hands
    Ring1: Loyalty Ring
    Ring2: Loyalty Ring
    Back: Amemet Mantle +1
    Waist: Swift Belt
    Legs: AF Legs
    Feet: AF Feet

I do not swap out the rings. I have Rajas/Ulthalam's Ring but I swap them in manually if I need a bit of performance boost (rarely).

Charm

For Charm I switch in Light Staff, Noble's Ribbon, Corsette +1 and Bird Whistle.

Misc

Only Stun and Sleep II is macroed, all my other spells are selected manually for now, hence you will see how sometimes I make certain decisions to cast some spells.

00:00 - 00:02

Shown you where I decided to camp. I normally would not camp here but due to a party and a BLU soloing on the otherside (Graveyard) I had no choice.

The bird I charmed is a Decent Challenge bird. I'm level 65, having obtained that not long ago, and usually the camp becomes a grind, but can still work.

00:10~

Initiated battle. Note that for DRK I do not jump in right away due to even with a Level 40 scythe I do near on par damage as my pet.

00:18~

Examining my surroundings.

00:45~

Looking out for my next potential pet/mob that can kill my pet off.

00:51~

Examining my surroundings, I knew a Water Elemental was nearby. I also felt that my pet would go down if I do not stop a TP move or two. So I examined surroundings to make sure it was safe to cast Absorb TP.

01:11~

Looking out for next pet.

02:02~

Preparing to attempt to aggro nearby mobs/next pet to kill off my current pet early.

02:09~

Repositioning my pet and then using Sic. This failed as my pet chose to use Helldive rather than Wing Cutter. If it used Wing Cutter it would hit the sapling as well which will speed up killing my pet.

02:25~

Due to Helldive weakening the mob, I decided to kill it off early. Initally I thought about attacking the sapling manually, but I changed my mind.

02:42~

This is my next pet. I send my weakened pet to fight it.

02:46~

With pet getting some hate on my next pet, I can safely find the next target I wanted and then use Heel without gaining additional hate.

03:05~

I wanted to link the other sapling, but I then realised it was too close to where 2 chigoes will spawn.

03:16~

Next target in sight, I stand and wait until my new pet kills my current pet.

03:40~

Mischarm. On DRK I cast Stun on it and run a distance. If not possible, I cast sleep/bind. On PLD I cast Flash. On RDM I cast gravity. On NIN I recast shadows or run if it's at night time. On THF if I get hit I hit it with a couple of blood bolts.

03:57~

I successfully charm the sapling and go for the next target.

04:07~

Knowing that this bird is checked as Tough, I cast Bio II on it to make killing a bit faster. I was going to cast Poison II next but then decided against it due noticing how much the bird's HP dropped already.

04:32~

Some hate... no big deal, I sometimes allow myself to get hit. Absorb-Spell is a lot of hate anyway.

05:06~

Making sure next pet and the pet I will attempt to aggro with my pet to kill off my current pet isn't too far.

05:18~

Draining some of the lost HP back. I try to keep in top HP at all times where possible.

05:32~

Repositioning and attempting to kill off my current pet with the sapling's AoE. Typically, I failed.

05:56~

I delayed using a weaponskill because I knew if I kept the prey alive longer then it won't take too long to kill my current pet off next.

06:20~

Getting next pet by making it kill my current pet. Notice that I run out of the radar range before using Heel. This will ensure the mob will not attack me when it gets near as no emnity is generated.

06:33~

Used Stay so I have a running start if I mischarm my pet.

06:40+

The rest is self explanatory.

I would've got more chains but this particular area is a bit difficult to chain above 2 or 3 due to the placement of the birds and the 2 chigoes that aggro nearby.

I think that explains most things. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Re: DRK/BST -Demo- Video

Can't see the video until I get home but from what I read... wow. Of all the jobs I thought /BST would be a pain on, DRK is still on the top of my list. I've managed to solo rdm subbing bst from 10-33, and even that can get hairy at times. Whew. You are a soloin' machine . I've been working on putting together a soloing /PUP guide, using either Stormwaker or Soothsayer heads, preferably Soothsayer. With the right attachments and just having your soothsayer cure, use flash, and stoneskin w. Mana tank II for the refresh and conserver. Its been working out decently so far, still testing it out.

Comment

I tried /bst on a few jobs and even with chr up the butt mischarms happened allot for me. Either that our I easily pulled hate with a low grade weapon.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

What lv is your BST?
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

/em points at his signature....
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

marry me?

Thanks for the video

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
            Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Thanks, I'll view it when I can.
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Regisis View Post
                Can't see the video until I get home but from what I read... wow. Of all the jobs I thought /BST would be a pain on, DRK is still on the top of my list. I've managed to solo rdm subbing bst from 10-33, and even that can get hairy at times. Whew. You are a soloin' machine . I've been working on putting together a soloing /PUP guide, using either Stormwaker or Soothsayer heads, preferably Soothsayer. With the right attachments and just having your soothsayer cure, use flash, and stoneskin w. Mana tank II for the refresh and conserver. Its been working out decently so far, still testing it out.
                I would be interested in this, but I never thought subbing PUP allows you much access to the automaton's spells, due to its level being cut in half essentially and it won't have the MP to maintain it, but we'll see.

DRK isn't all that bad, you just have to be a bit clever with knowing when to hit and when to hold back, and when to go apeshit before one dies.

little ninja: I suppose it depends on good you are at "abusing" the game's mechanics to stay alive, I tend to get a good distance away from the mob and avoid death most times, and the charm issue is mainly lucky really I think. I get my good days and bad days.

----

I've got a Great Sword I would like to try once I cap my scythe but I think it'll be too powerful, but I just wanted to try. It's that item which drops of the crab "Cancer".

Initially I also opted for the Axe/Shield setup and before I hit level 50 on DRK I went and soloed Aquarius for the axe, thinking I can enhance my gameplay via Acid and Blood bolts. This never happened and the axe still sits in storage (due to throw it, but will get another if I ever do WAR/BST or RNG/BST).

The need to keep scythe capped (yes I suck as BST I'm horribly gimped I didn't skill it up (much) while I was on BST) took priority so that never took into action. Scythe takes a while to reach level cap due to slow swings and such. And Guillotine is ever so useful to finish off the mob.
                [LadyKiKi]
                Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Working...
                X