X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST questions/rant/omg i want new abilities

Hello everyone!

part of this is a rant, please forgive me

I have been noticing a lot of changes to the various jobs in vana diel and I wondered about our most precious job. When was the last time we have received a new ability or trait? I have only been playing for lil over a year and never any news about us. How about some new jugs at least. Jug damage is so minimal it seems. I have been partying with a PUP and they do way more damage than me and any of my jugs ( and I have pretty good gear). My parties are like omg PUP impossible to gauge when they see a 4-600 Daze weaponskill (automaton ranger ws) and just 1-300 on Raging fist. Altogether nice damage. Me? I will crank out a 2-400 rampage if im lucky and my pet ; ; - I havent seen a WS more than 1-150 and that is every min and half. The weaponskills are grossly weaken. I was level 54 in Crawlers nest and a exoray did 528 damage with silence gas to me and my pet (exoray) and my pet answered back with a whooping 83 silence gas.. they were both EM mobs. It doesn't make sense. I want to protest this, get some changes. I want ppl when they see a BST to want to invite us. SE says they will listen to the community. How does that work? How do we rally together change? It totally seems like SE has "finished" BST with lack of updates or add ons. I hope it is not the case, they need to do something to keep the job exciting. I have a couple of ideas:

Stronger Jugs / Ultimate Jugs:

Much like how you can get uber gear like the blah dolch or Hagun. Super strong jugs that have awesome output so that BST can be more useful in parties and End game. There could be this quest or ENM that could give this special jug. Some of the more powerful jugs could be Rare ex.

Roar abilities:

Beastmasters job traits do almost nothing for the party. It hardly ever procs when i pull. A Roar ability could stick any learned job traits onto the mob. This could save your tank or healer or whoever in a emergency. Or maybe a variation could be effective on Gods. and assist with pulling

Access to Scythe weaponskills:

I mean seriously…. What is the point of have scythe at Bish and no ws after vorpal scythe. Maybe you can quest and get spiral hell if you want to, but is it worth it for beast? would it be viable to sub DRK in party and use scythe to have access to weapon skills? or if they gave WAR access then we could sub war for parties and have access to these weaponskills

Fix snarl please:

The idea of snarl rocks but why only with a jug pet. we use live pets when soloing more than jugs, so this isnt that useful it seems.

Now mind you I am only 59 BST atm and there are some jugs that I havent gotten too. But nonetheless BST deserves some new abilities to make us viable for End game and parties. How do we get changes going? does SE just read our forums for feedback. Lets totally rally together! (yes, please!!!) They changed fixed DRG 2hr, so maybe they will give us more with these jobs too.

Other thoughts:

I'm sure I could look at other jobs too and see neglect. I have not seen any new RDM abilities or NIN (cept for the sneak spell which it was a no brainer since they had invis) we totally need ammo for NIN to throw! What ever happened to RDM becoming more of a DD? Did I miss something?

For those who were playing back in the day, was the MPK update just for BSTs crowd control (so BST could not MPK) or was it for another reason?

thanks for reading, i would love to know what you guys think...

cyas round!
    Einwol

Re: BST questions/rant/omg i want new abilities

For those who were playing back in the day, was the MPK update just for BSTs crowd control (so BST could not MPK) or was it for another reason?
    It was because both BSTs and RMTs would exploit the fact that mobs would originally wander back to thier "home" from wherever they were trained.

A good example would be the way RMT factions would war over Phantom Worm or Bune and train as many crabs as they could over to the other RMT PT, die and then let the Robber Crabs pick them all off one by one.

Similiarly, BSTs would use Leave to do the same to PTs, preferably with a mob that aggroed or linked to what a nearby party might be fighting. This usually occured when a PT would just up and steal a camp, but it was also used by some BSTs to MPK people over NMs and such.

As for Snarl, that actually is suppose to be one of our JAs for PTs, it lets us help out with hate control, especially so if the THF plants hate on us or we do a nice Rampage that takes hate off the tank. Snarl for soloing is more or less another means of getting away from a bad situation unscathed rather than just popping a jug pet and praying it takes enough hate off you.

Comment

We've had a few adjustments over the past year I'm sure.
      I dont really keep track of what and when happens with updates but the biggest thing we had was about a year ago, Taking the exp loss from pets away from us.

That maybe happend just as you became a Bst. Killer traits have been pretty kind to me and kick in quite frequntely for me. You have to bear in mind we do get quite a few of them and they can't process all the time becuase we'd become overpowered.

Snarl was also a nice new thing we was given which has made the "Oshi" moments alot easier to deal with. I've been a Bst just over 2 years and they are really the only things that spring to mind as far as adjustments go. Don't take my word for it though, I'm getting old.

More jugs would be nice because there are so many mobs in the game now that we have no jugs for which kind of makes or jugs outdated.

I"m not too fond of Scythe on a Bst I carry one for the odd bit of skilling up and in case of parties for skillchaining, But I rarely find people who like to create skillchains so the scythe is wasting valuable inventory space.

I prefer my axe and shield combo or 2 axes

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Beast trousers and Tamer's Ring increases the proc rate for killer traits somewhat. I use it when i get to much hate from gobbues in boyhda, it usuallys save me a couple of hits and give me a chance of putting up utsu again.

There are a meritable ability that gives us the chance of transfering killer traits to pt memeber (i think it was that way), but from what i've heard it's pretty useless.

Comment

Guillotine and Cross Reaper is DRK exclusive, subbing DRK won't get you scythe.

As for adjustments, watch out for the RDM crowd. We've had a few "odd" adjustments and the addition of Snarl. RDMs had nil.

Snarl is actually awesome if used right. I don't know if anyone does but if you're out and about soloing and your prey requires a pet swap 100%, I tend to melee with my initial "Wild Pet" and then when it is about to die I will run a slight safe distance, Call Beast (normally a normal crab, cheap), Snarl real fast, my prey kills crab fast (at 75) and by that time I've found my next wild pet to use, and continue on meleeing with it and hopefully prey dies.

I avoid my huge build up of hate this way, as pre-Snarl you're kinda forced to "sit there" and wait for your pet to die and find your next one, as any heavy action will usually cause you to get killed by your prey upon the next pet swap.

Snarl was jug pet only due to the amount of abuse possible if wild pets can be used. A Level 75 mob has incredible offense and defense with a very high amount of HP in comparison to a jug pet.
          [LadyKiKi]
          Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
          .:|The Prototype BST|:.
          Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

I don’t think changing Snarl to all pets is a good idea. I say keep it on jugs only since only BSTs can use jugs. I could be horribly wrong but if Snarl was changed to all pets, I think the number of /bst would increase dramatically. Besides, no matter what lvl you are its always good practice to manage hate with your pet and shouldn’t be hard to control at 59+. In some instances, you might want hate on you for a short amount of time. If your pet its getting beat down, changing the mob’s focus to hit you (your shadows) sometimes helps even things out.

I’m ashamed to say I do have too much experience with Jugs. Things might change as I finish meriting Beast Affinity…but I’ve only used CC, Fungar and the HQ Tiger on some rare occasions. But, perhaps some r/ex jugs would be cool. Maybe an undead type or an Opo (if they don’t have those already).
            99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
            -Farsha (90) Completed!!
            -Verth (90) Completed!!
            -Guttler (95) Completed!
            -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
            -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
            -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

BST needs a real party friendly update. Same with pup, I feel sorry for those that have to solo 95% of their career. (I know that's why I gave it up at 30.) But as a RDM i think it is high time we got something, 4 years + is a little long with nothing special just for us (no to mention stuff that was "ours" is used better by SCH.

sig courtesy tgm
              retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                I don’t think changing Snarl to all pets is a good idea. I say keep it on jugs only since only BSTs can use jugs. I could be horribly wrong but if Snarl was changed to all pets, I think the number of /bst would increase dramatically. Besides, no matter what lvl you are its always good practice to manage hate with your pet and shouldn’t be hard to control at 59+. In some instances, you might want hate on you for a short amount of time. If your pet its getting beat down, changing the mob’s focus to hit you (your shadows) sometimes helps even things out.
                Relax, Snarl is Level 45

And I wouldn't be worried about subjob BST either. Most can't handle it it from what I've noticed (I was in a shell with over 30+ BSTs, everyone thinks it's crazy).

There's a white rabbit type jugpet in the data files I believe, and a few others but I forget which, which are uncraftable/unobtainable. It's been there for quite a while too.
                [LadyKiKi]
                Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Relax, Snarl is Level 45
                  Your right ><. My bad. I apologize.
                  For some odd reason, i thought it was level 25.

Don't get me wrong, I dont dislike people who /bst. Infact i'm pretty impressed with your signature. I'm acutally working on nin/bst at the moment.

But as you said, most people can't handle it. And i agree 100%. Its those people that cant handle it and led me to a couple deaths in the past...so i might have been slighly venting.
                  99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                  -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                  -Verth (90) Completed!!
                  -Guttler (95) Completed!
                  -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                  -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                  -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Working...
                  X