WotG BST camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WotG BST camping?

I havn't really explored WotG that much on low-mid level jobs (a lot of stuff seems to be really high level >.>) but I have found that at around level 45-47 in East Ronfaure [S] you can get really really really good exp as a solo BST by charming colibri and fighting ladybugs.

Advantages of this:

1) Sigil!!!! Regen + Refresh + Double food = omfg (Yeah you can have all 3 at once if you didn't know)
    2) Pixies. Fight near them and they'll cure you and if you lose... they R3 you ^^ (not that it matters what level of raise they give you at that level)

Anyone else find any good WotG BST camps? Sigil is much better than sanction or signet but I havn't found a reason to put it to much use yet.
    Last edited by Rylus; 01-07-2008, 11:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Re: WotG BST camping?

Originally posted by Rylus View Post
    Sigil is much better than sanction or signet but I havn't found a reason to put it to much use yet.
    Does Sigil give an exp bonus the same way Sanction does?
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
      Does Sigil give an exp bonus the same way Sanction does?
      No. But it does give the Signet bonuses (exp bonus for PTs of 2-5 people, no TP loss while resting, increased HP recovered while resting, and increased evasion/defense against your auto-attack target when said target is Even Match or lower).

And pixies' Raise III probably works the same way as always at any level, considering it already works different than our Raise III. When we cast it, it restores 90% of lost exp and puts you at half of your Weakened HP. When pixies cast it, it restores 100% of lost exp and puts you at full Weakened HP. It could, in a way, be called Raise IV.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any other WotG BST camps. I've been leveling BST recently myself (just hit 40 yesterday), and I'll definitely be trying that camp you mentioned.
      Last edited by Kyrial Arthian; 12-07-2007, 08:15 AM.

Rank 10 All Nations
      Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
      Assault Rank: Captain
      Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
      Unique Quests complete: 465
      Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Well the life span may be short but my partner and I had pretty decent success @ the southeast corner of H-9 in East Ronfaure (S) using jug pets vs Ladybugs and Colibri. There's a pixie that covers that quadrent or if your not inclined to jug pets, some EM Battraps and another pixie a bit further south and I believe another large concentration on the eastern side of the map. My issue with the more southern camp is that there's IT++ orcs on the northwest side and the occasional wandering Djinn (bomb) so your a bit more boxed in and prone to something not easily recoverable.

Now at 45 solo is where the H-9 camp really shines. There just a ridiculous amount of natural EM's, you can retreat a few steps to rest in complete safety and with sigil (/whm), I found it to be a pretty efficient camp , easily chain 3-4 every time and I'm a pretty cautious bst. 2 things to watch out for: EP skeleton that can wander in & agro you since its annoyingly juuuuust strong enough sometimes. The other thing to note is that Ladybugs have some pretty interesting moves and to my mind a fairly generous linking/sight agro range.

Their Attack down lasts a decent length of time but their Amnesia is Impishly short: it wears relatively quickly after the fight but your pet is useless/ticking bomb for a few seconds so be aware of your surroundings. Despite this I prefered to go for the slightly longer fighting T bugs first, rather than the colibri, just to eliminate random agro. For my troubles I came out with 3 stacks of ladybug wings which you can use in a really decent repeatable reward quest in South Sandoria S. At 46 the xp suffers a bit but you can still find T bugs.

Still further south, around KRT there are a large concentration of bombs that you can duo at 46 with all the EM's lying around. We didn't do many before we called it a night: the Self-Destruct rate seemed a little low but then again I haven't xp'd on bombs before. This family also has an AoE bio move that may make them unfeasibly inefficient so I'll leave the final verdict more experienced players.

I also noticed some goblin pets in the far north of this zone as well ...I have tried them solo at 46 but they tear up my EMs fast enough that sprinters shoes are usually involved in the retreat. Hope any of this ramble is helpful and I will continue the search (^_^)b

Comment

rolanberry fields near the maw (59-61, preferably 60-61) with dragonflies vs goobbue farmers

not a chigoe-friendly area but nice spot to rake in XP in between campaign battles

from 50-55, you use coppercap and berry grub pets on chigoes - aggro them (carefully to the point you only get 1 at a time) send them on the chigoe, walk away
          Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
          Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Pashow Marshlands [S] seems to have some potential for a BST camp at 65-66 with flys and crabs, but I'd have to go back and really look into it again.

Comment

Just to put in my 2 cents. West Sarutabaruta (S) just outside the main gate to windy is a good spot starting at 13 maybe 12. At 13 the Tiny Lycopodium were DC or EP and the Savanna Rarab were T+ very few EM for the bunnies at 13. At lvl 14 I can get chain 2 on one pet with rabbit vs. rabbit.

I should mention that the Rarabs would be T/high def w/o attack food, at lvl 13. This on a Mithra with capped combat skills. Still working on food and gear combination to help speed up kills.

The best thing about this area is there are alot of mobs around without agro worries.
              Last edited by Dahlaine; 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM. Reason: i can't spell

Comment

Pashhow Marshlands is godly for BST. once you hit level 68 or so, make your trip here and prepare to stay here a long time. camp near the campaign battles. use gadfly and slug pets, send them on campaign quadavs. they can take 3 to 4 pet swaps for the tougher ones. These pets will tank them and hold hate most of the time. If god forbids, slugs can tank two of them at once.

in between campaign fights, slug vs. lower tier quadav can be used.
                Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Wheres my 75 camps at?

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Friend found a couple camps for 75, though they aren't the best really... I have heard of jug burns being done in the same area.

First-
                    La Vule[S]:
                    When you enter head to the right, toward the fort with imps (short distance not sure on the <pos>) Charm a fish from below or a lizard from up top, and pull the imps across the bridge with vis on. They give decent exp, a little higher than the mire imps, however there arent many of them. You can also kill the orcs here, though its a little riskier and much crappier exp.

Second- Same, La Vule[S]
                    I have not tried this camp.
                    However, my friend says that deeper in to La Vule on the higher tier orcs (around where they are in the present) give good 6 bst jug burn exp... I don't know if anyone could confirm the position to the start of this camp or if it exists in the first place, but that would be amazing

"Ibst" Avatar credits to Siyual, wherever he found it. 75 BST, 75 DRG, 75 WHM, 75 WAR, 75 PLD, 75 THF, 74 BLM (loldelevel)

Comment

I know the places your talking about but its not worth it single style. Which is really the whole point to Bst.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

lol true that ; ; wish there was something better around... I've heard rumors of some camp over in grauberg, I may run and check it out some time after maintinence.

"Ibst" Avatar credits to Siyual, wherever he found it. 75 BST, 75 DRG, 75 WHM, 75 WAR, 75 PLD, 75 THF, 74 BLM (loldelevel)

Comment

Originally posted by Yellowbluebus View Post
                          lol true that ; ; wish there was something better around... I've heard rumors of some camp over in grauberg, I may run and check it out some time after maintinence.
                          Cool, Because to be honest I gave up looking awhile back. Seems like the last 2 expansions have left bst stuck in CoP and RoTZ areas.

Comment

there was a guide on allakhazam but it is gone now

is there one some where else on (S) soloing points and partying
                            I think we will need to figure out something. come this update, finding an open camp may prove to be difficult

Comment

Working...
                            X