BeastMaster! Give me Details Please! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeastMaster! Give me Details Please! :D

What's a good sub for Beastmasters during levels 1-10, 10-20, 20-30, and so on? Should Beastmasters update their armor and weopons every 10 levels? What kind of armor and weopons are required?
    Last edited by Galilei; 09-13-2007, 04:56 PM. Reason: System Message

Used OpenCanvas, Microsoft Paint, and AtlantaView.

Galeleo -New FFXI Player-
    ~Server: Diabolos~ *Linkshell: FinalEclipse*

-Lvl 33 Red Mage
    -Lvl 16 Samurai
    -Lvl 10 Warrior
    -Lvl 10 Ninja
    -Lvl 8 Black Mage
    -Lvl 6 Beastmaster
    -Lvl 7 Ranger

Improving

Re: BeastMaster! Give me Details Please! :D

Compilation of Beastmaster Information: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Beastmaster

Also, Summoners use avatars. For info on that, go here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Summoner

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Originally posted by Rain_Blade View Post
      Compilation of Beastmaster Information: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Beastmaster

Also, Summoners use avatars. For info on that, go here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Summoner
      You might also visit the sticky section on this board. There's some very (IMO) excellent information here.

As far as armor and weapons go, early armor and weapons are cheap. I upgrade for survivability and the occasional, though more frequent chains. ...but yeah, visit the stickies....then come back for more questions. :thumbs_up :

Comment

For Bst, your armor should probably take priority over your weapon, since you will be spending most of the time using your pet to do the fighting. So keep your armor up and occationally get a new weapon when it's worth it.

Comment

a great sub for bst in those lower levels is /nin. utsusemi ichi will do more for you than /whm will up till 40 imo.
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I'd suggest just using your RDM for a good part of it. The original Final Fantasy games used RDM's as a battle mage, front line fighter magic user. I had dozens of people tell me I'd regret not taking the time to level WHM past 20, but with my RDM to 38, I'm set all the way to BST75. I've made it to 56 already, and haven't regretted one moment. Out with my NPC buddy we routinely skill chain and I can get the Magic Burst because of the RDM spells. You list yours already at 30. You'd be fine all the way to BST60. Going /NIN for dual wield IS a consideration, but IMO you don't want to do that much damage and pull hate off your pet, especially now post update where we have been liberated from the pet penalty finally.

Comment

I sub Blue Mage for the added defense of cocoon. The stun of headbutt is useful
              against many TP attacks. Regen and other abilities from adding the correct blue spells add to versatility. Some equipped spells add to CHR. which is always a benefit.
              Blue also shares the majority of armor with Beast.I upgrade armor and weapons as required, but more often than 10 levels, closer to 4 or 5. After level 50, I found I carry more gear, charm set and attack set and rings that increase HP healing.
              Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
              Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
              Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

I tend to keep a solo set of gear and a melee DD set of gear. With the update there's no reason to swap out of my solo set for melee set since my pet can finish off the mob, but I do keep it up to day for the rare occasion I actually do party for exp, or if I end up doing something else in party (coffer key hunt, Sacrarium run, etc). I'm only 54 atm though, but my SAM is 60 so I have some gear from that (including a self signed Haubergeon that I will have for when I get 5 more levels :D).
                Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                X