Apollo or Light Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apollo or Light Staff

CHR is about the most overrated thing BST has related to it. I don't notice a difference in charm sucess from +15ish to +40, it just isn't important. The staves on the other had, you notice it immediately.

Comment

More than a year ago, my friends and I went to BCNM20 for astral ring.
      We went as BST, BST, WHM.
      I had 10 more CHR than the other BST and 8 of them were from monster signa.
      My charm lasted longer every time.

... But I don't see any reason why charm needs to last longer while exping because we use [leave] way before the charm time runs out.

Comment

It's up to you to believe this or not, but I got this info from http://wikiwiki.jp/bst/.
        The percentage is really low to me (maybe he used no other CHR boost), but this is what he got from charming 200 times each without staff, with light, and with apolo. My BST has apolo staff + 40 CHR boost and I get a lot better successful rate than these.

Against lv75 crab
        Without 52.0%
        Light 63.5%
        Apolo 72.5%

Against lv75 slime
        Without 18.5%
        Light 33.0%
        Apolo 41.5%

Comment

OK, 200 charms each ... that's 1200 charms. 10 second recast timer, and assuming someone else was taking care of the fails for no aggro, that would be ... ummm ... 3 hours 20 minutes just to gather those stats!!!

Now that's what I call dedication!

I'm guessing he stripped down for it to eliminate anything else that could affect the charm rate - to repeat the experiment with say tuna sushi would take another 3.33 hours, then repeat again for each type of equipment - you could level another job to 75 in the time it would take to go through all the combinations!
          CatrinM WHM75/BST75/BRD45/BLM37/PLD37/WAR37
          Bastok [10] Sandoria [10] Windurst [9]
          Linkshell: PromathiaChained / Shiva
          Catrin BST75/WHM37/BLM31/SMN9/NIN7/MNK6
          Bastok [6] Sandoria [1] Windurst [1]
          Linkshell: PromathiaChained / Shiva
          Beastmasters never die, we just get do-overs!

Comment

Oh, wow. I didn't think of that.
            And that's not everything he did.
            He tried regular day VS light day VS dark day.

It totals to 2400 charms.
            Testing charm 2400 times is harder to believe than these percentages... lol

Comment

Working...
            X