Parsing my way to 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsing my way to 75

Iv'e been DDing bst exclusively since level 37. After hitting 37 soloing exclusively, I decided I didn't like soloing. Most people play BST to get away from the other people. They don't like to have to worry about other people, jump into a camp site, and start exping. I'm the opposite, I love being around other people, I carry on conversations throughout the party(until it interrupts the effectiveness of the party, then I shutup). I am a 75rdm so I wanted to start leveling a DD job.

So here I am with a 17 war, and a 37bst. I want to DD, and I really love the feel of bst. I decide that instead of starting up war, I will just try to DD as bst. I'm level 64 now and I haven't been outdamaged since I started at 37. I parsed my way clear up to 59, then lost my parses. But iv'e started to parse again and this time i'm going to make sure I don't lose them. I thought I would post my parses as I get them. This seems to be the best bst board out there right now. I used to post on alla, but they aren't the board for me anymore.

The point of this thread is to make more bsts aware that they can DD, and they can do it VERY well. One day I hope that bsts can get enough invites to make this worthwhile, as it is now, the only reason I even get invites at all is because I have built a reputation with the people my level right now, and they invite me whenever they see me, somehow I manage to keep up.

I will update this thread as I get more parses, I don't exp very often right now because I recently took a 6 month break, and i'm trying to get back into the feel of FFXI before I start exping a lot. But I do have 3 parses for you. (I try to put as much info as I can in the HTML page for each parse, although i'm going to be putting a lot more from now on).

The pictures are the second best DD or set of DDs in my party.

http://www.unitedwel33t.com/Veg/12-12-2006.html
    http://www.unitedwel33t.com/Veg/12-13-2006.html
    http://www.unitedwel33t.com/Veg/12-19-2006.html
    http://www.unitedwel33t.com/Veg/12-31-2006.html

newest in bold-

------------
    Last edited by Aether; 01-02-2007, 11:30 AM.

Re: Parsing my way to 75

Wow, I'm surprised this got no replies. I'm not a BST, and I understand a great majority of the people who have limited play time turned to BST as a solution, but it did always bother me a bit that so very few BSTs try to explore their (undoubtedly good) DD potential in EXP parties. Anyways, that's some very impressive damage, good job ^^

Comment

Sweet whats your gear/ merits like.

Comment

I don't know what people have against pet jobs in pt... When people see a BST seeking and remark, lolBST, I always say party with one and then say that again. BST has a bad reputation from an old aspect of the game wherein a BST with a Charmed pet (not a Jug pet) would cause a decrease in the party's XP. Now, a charmed pet only affects the BST and I don't think I've ever seen a BST charming for PT even though at some point I would like to. Unlike other pet jobs, BST cannot be gimped as a result of their pet death. Pet dead? Throw another juggie! Plus I have to be nice to BSTs so they buy my Alchemist's Water and Sun Water (coming soon).

Comment

I thought charmed pets had always affect only BST. Only exception is when charmed pets were the higher level than everyon else which is not likely what the BST will charm anyway.

Jug pets also used to affect only BST's exp alone. Now they won't affect BST's exp anymore.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Yeah, charmed pets never affected the party.

Comment

0 merits besides 22 into rdm type things, ones that don't help.

I usually sub war, but have been known to sub nin, which are both fully leveled to 37.

Wrath Tabar, Viking Shield, Viking axe

Haubergeon, P.charm, spike necklace, 2x Woodsmans, 2x Sun rings, Spiked Fng. Gauntlets, Tiphia sting, Walkure mask, Assault earring, minuet earring, merman's Earring, Swordbelt+1, Life belt, Vanguards belt, Amemet mantle +1, Royal Knight's breeches, sipahi boots, Enks. bracelets.

Using funguar jugs till 65. Then I don't really know what to do.

So many people tell me that BST endgame is starting to fall behind, the other jobs are being upgraded while BST is not. But from my perspective, i'm more overpowered than a war, take a look at that first parse, his gear is FAR better than mine, basically has HQ of a few of my things and more. Hes the only one to outdamage me alone so far. Since level 37. I add in pet damage though, I don't see the reasoning behind some peoples beliefes that adding in pet damage isn't fair

------------
              Last edited by Aether; 12-24-2006, 12:40 PM. Reason: Mistakes

Comment

Beacuse he is a taru? lol j/k looks like your using macro swap for ws to which is always good.

Comment

Charmed pets do effect the party, but not in the way most people realize.

Pet takes a percentage of the BST's EXP, but that pet is also factored in when calculating EXP. If you're in a Lv.60 to Lv.62 party, but the BST charmed a Lv.66 mob it effects the level range. If the BST Leaves the mob a few seconds before the kill, Lv.62 is the highest member when EXP granted is calculated, and the party basically benefits by having a Lv.66 person in the group.

In the early 50's the same BST/NIN kept inviting me to G.C. parties. Guy was awesome. Did pretty good damage himself, and then he would Charm surrounding bats to add to the damage. Kills were fast, and links were never a problem. I have no problem inviting a BST, but honestly I rarely see them seeking. Outside of the Lv.50~52 range with that BST, I've partied with one other BST. That party was odd in itself as we had a BLU/WAR tank at Lv.62. ^^
                  Odude
                  PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                  RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                  SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post

Pet takes a percentage of the BST's EXP, but that pet is also factored in when calculating EXP. If you're in a Lv.60 to Lv.62 party, but the BST charmed a Lv.66 mob it effects the level range. If the BST Leaves the mob a few seconds before the kill, Lv.62 is the highest member when EXP granted is calculated, and the party basically benefits by having a Lv.66 person in the group.
                    Not to mention that any BST charming a mob that much higher is a moron that is going to have it uncharm on them within 30 seconds.

Comment

Are you sure? That sounds odd...I'm almost sure that if the Lv.66 mob touched the EXP mob, the EXP will be calculated based on the Lv.66 mob regardless of wether or not the mob was de-charmed through Leave.

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
                        Charmed pets do effect the party, but not in the way most people realize.

No this is wrong sadly, the mob counts as if it has been hit by a level 66 party member if you use a level 66 monster. Mo matter if you leave the mob or not.

The only diffrence with leaving the monster before the kill is that the beastmaster himself doesn't get the 30% exp penalty for having a monster charmed at the death of a monster.
                        Keep in mind, sig might be outdated I just update it a few times per week.
                        Signature with the usual levels and obtained stuff etc. . .

Comment

Actually I believe there is only a penalty if the pet does something to get on the hate list of the mob you are fighting. The point is if you are charming a mob that higher than your level in use for a normal exp PT, you are a moron.

The point is, the OP is mistaken in his exp calculations, just for anyoneo not a BST wondering what we are arguing about.

Comment

Hey cole, I must say it's a honor to have you post in the thread, let alone to have you on my server. You are my idol even though i'm probably not leveling bst the same as you. I respect you and your ls equal. There should be a thank cole thread around here somewhere

Also I plan to seek party tonight and tomorrow, hopefully i'll get outdamaged soon, it's really bugging me. I know we have great potential, but my gear isn't exactly top notch, and knowing how to properly change gear sets for ws and change gear depending on mob cons isn't going to let me beat out the light/dark skillchain levels. I'll update if I get any bites.

Comment

Post 65, when Funguar caps, your options are really limited. The easy to get, low budget choice is Carrie, but from a lot of reports, shes more defensive than offensive as a pet. She's still not a bad choice though.

There is Homunculus, who "caps at 75". It doesn't last as long as Carrie (20 min), but its a bit more offensive. RunningDemon probably knows more about this than most (there is little info anywhere on this guy).

Probably the best choices for pure DD are Panzer Galahad, Lifedrinker Lars and Chopsuey Chucky. These 3 are considered among the physically strongest of the jug pets and all 3 "cap at lvl 75". Galahad is the easiest to come by, since its an HQ of a lvl 28 synth. Lars and Chucky are much rarer, since they are the HQs of 73 and 87 synths respectively and the ingredients aren't some of the best drop rates. Also all 3 only last 15 min so you can burn through jugs fast. RunningDemon, again, knows much more than I do about these.

2 rarer ones Voracious Audrey and Ambusher Allie were introduced with Lars and Chucky, however their ingredients are stupidly hard to come by, so little is known about them (other than they "cap at 75", like Galahad, Lars and Chucky and they last 15 min). Info on Audrey would be interesting, since Flytraps have a very low attack delay.

I really only can say what I have read on the net (mainly stuff from Lordwafik, this site and FFXIclopedia). I just hit 40 today so I don't have any real first hand experience with these. RunningDemon will probably correct any mistakes I said, which is good hehe.

(Also if you have Sea, pick up this for when you hit 74/75. Its base damage may be lower than other axes, but that occasional double attack makes a nice offhand weapon for TP gain if you /NIN)
                              Last edited by Gobo; 12-26-2006, 09:02 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Working...
                              X