This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They threw me in jail!

So there i was today doin my own thing all alone. An i definately wasnt /anon. When a pt shows up next to me. i guess to farm what i was farming. but it didnt bother me. as im not one to complain about another pt next to me. Then low an behold a few mobs in. they start stealing the mobs i been fighting. they did this over an over.

So i contact a G.M an tell him what is goin on. an that it is a form of harrassment. The g.m says there was nothing wrong with what they are doing. i said even though they are minipulating an old glitch. he said yes. Then he went on the say any mob not claimed is indeed fair game.

So G.M helping me out was out of the question. so i nicely ask them if they can stop the stealing part out, an they laughed an slapped me. so i told them they got 10 mins i hope they get what they came for. Soon after i had a few bst. enough to take out the spawns so they would get nothing. So we all stood around an picked them off 1 at a time. an not kill them. but we charmed them.

So to play fair. we would go kill 2 mobs in the area that would pop, then wed sit down. this went on for 45 mins. next thing i know im in jail. an i get another conversation. first he tells me that holding is wrong. i asked him how i was holding. he said i was with charm. i came back with. but were killing things when they spawn. were not holding anything. they are pets we use for expin merits. then he goes on to say we are ruining the gaming experience of other players in that area.
    Funny thing was i complained about the same thing not to long ago. i then informed the G.M that another G.M said regardless of any circamstance. any unclaimed mob is fair game. So i went on the say how can one situation be ok, yet not another? wrong is wrong regardless if its 1 person, or a party.

So was what i did wrong? Why is this game always based around a double standard?

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Re: They threw me in jail!

It's not based around a double standard. The party was being rude. However, you decided to take it to the next level and actively harass them. That's against the rules.

I think it sucks that they moved in and started killing the mobs that you were getting exp on, but you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble, frustration, and time in GM Jail by just moving on and not letting them get the better of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie
      It's not based around a double standard. The party was being rude. However, you decided to take it to the next level and actively harass them. That's against the rules.

I think it sucks that they moved in and started killing the mobs that you were getting exp on, but you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble, frustration, and time in GM Jail by just moving on and not letting them get the better of you.
      Who was getting the worst of it. a pt of poeple not able to fight, or 1 player soloing a mob 3/4 of the way only to have it stolen time an again on a pet swap? We both were showing harrasment. theirs was dirty or a low blow for a better term. while mine was within the jobs mechanics. they couldnt fight any mobs, an i couldnt finish off mine.

either way i think i was gonna leave the situation frustrated. i mean to leave a camp you were forced out of doesnt sit right with anybody.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

No it doesn't, but if you had left, you wouldn't have been called to Mordion Gaol.

Once again - The party was rude to move in on the mobs you were fighting. However, you were in the wrong for actively harassing them according to the rules of the game.

Comment

No it doesn't, but if you had left, you wouldn't have been called to Mordion Gaol.

Once again - The party was rude to move in on the mobs you were fighting. However, you were in the wrong for actively harassing them according to the rules of the game.
          I didnt mind that they came to farm the same mobs i was farming. there was enough for us to fight. an we were killing at around the same pace. i was a tad slower. which only means the cycle would only keep a steady flow. hell even at one point i thru their tank a pro2, an shell2.

So since you seem to be on the same side as the party( probobly cause your guilty of the offense yourself). how does their actions not fall under harrassment?

Comment

I don't fall on the same side of the party at all. I most definitely have not been guilty of the same offense. I afford BST the same amount of respect as I do anyone else.

The difference is that they were not "stealing" mobs from you according to the rules of the game. The GM even confirmed that for you. I think their behavior was deplorable, but they were at least sort of within the rules. You decided to escalate things by actively harassing them. That's where the difference lies.

Comment

Hmmm so charming charmable mobs is harrassment? sorry havent heard of that before. then again werent these mobs not unclaimed. so technically by S.E standards, i could do with them what i wish. thus i felt keeping them as pets was within my rights.

once again you claim the other players where playing within the rules as crummy as it sounds. yet you say i am not. yet you still fail to prove what i actually did wrong. was i holding? no because we were killing things in the area with them. were we training them to zone? no, were we de poping them? no.

Bst = charm mob > fight another mob. not really rocket science. so i still fail to see what you mean by it being me the harrasser???

Comment

You admitted to calling in other BSTs so you could charm a bunch of mobs in the zone, thus preventing the party from getting exp. How is that not harassment?

Comment

They were both forms of harassment. Either doing what you did somehow falls just the other side of the line of allowable behavior and their actions were just this side of it, or it falls into the realm of GM's personal decision on what should be done. What they did is flat out wrong and I still don't see how SE allows stuff like that. But what you did really wasn't any better.
                  Regardless, best thing to do is just chalk it up to "well that sucks" and move on. Maybe next time get another BST friend to help you kill them a little faster so you don't have to change pets?

P.S. keep this civil.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Little Ninja: I agree with what you did, and I would do the same thing in a heart beat. Sure, maybe it was harrassment, but who cares? SOMEONE needs to teach jerks a lesson in this game. Everyone thinnks that they can prance around and do anything they want without reprocutions. It's too bad the rules aren't based on what's right and what's wrong. And the GM pry through you in jail due in part to a lack of observation of the whole situation. I get the feeling that they don't care and solve a situation simply based on the GM call. I don't know if they even care to check logs anymore. Hell, if I was a GM I woulda cheered you on. But you have to remember we're in an internet world and the only way to get people to act nice and cooperate is through the threat of physical violence. People don't list to words, they listen to actions.

I might have gone a little off-topic.
                    "Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."
                    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
                    "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Welcome to Alice in FFXI =P

Comment

After what the GM said to him in the first incident I fail to see how his actions class as harrassment.
                      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                      Woodworking 91.9+2
                      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

You admitted to calling in other BSTs so you could charm a bunch of mobs in the zone, thus preventing the party from getting exp. How is that not harassment?
                        Sure i called in other Bsts. i mean is it a crime for me to ask for 5 more to make a party? i mean no longer can they argue 6 is more important to 1. they needed 6 to farm. why couldnt i have 5 buddies helpin me farm?

So now it wasnt a bunch of mobs it was only a few, an there were plenty of other mobs to fight to get exp, an plenty of other areas to go. i mean i could have left sure. then again first come first served. they also had the right to move to another area.

Its funny cause i even told the gm to read my logs from 45 minutes back where i did talk to a G.M about what happened. not sure if the G.M cared to even bother to look.
                        Last edited by little ninja; 07-28-2006, 01:43 AM.

Comment

The difference is in the intent. You intended to hamper their experience. You didn't just bring in five friends for an exp party, as you admitted as much in your first post. While what they did was really bad, what you did wasn't any better. Had you just left the situation, you would have had something to complain about, but as it is, you got down on their level, and as such, you no longer have any room to point fingers.

Comment

The difference is in the intent. You intended to hamper their experience. You didn't just bring in five friends for an exp party, as you admitted as much in your first post. While what they did was really bad, what you did wasn't any better. Had you just left the situation, you would have had something to complain about, but as it is, you got down on their level, and as such, you no longer have any room to point fingers.
                            Actually my intent was to farm next to them. there intent was to steal my mobs. because the first chance they got. thats exactly what they did. i let it go as a haha or a opps on their part. then they went on to do it again and again. So who had the initial intent to screw with another persons exp/drops??

I wont deny what my intent became later on in that hour, to rob them of the mobs they came their to farm/exp on. to let them know, that even though we cant mpk you in a heart beat. we can still throw a monkey wrench in your plans. was it worth the time in GM jail to prove my point? to me YES. Yes it was.

Comment

Well, then what is your point here? You felt your time in GM jail was worthwhile, so there really isn't any need for an "oh noes, those mean parties" thread.

Your OP asked if what you did was wrong. If you were just looking for people to pat you on the back, you should have worded it differently.

Comment

Working...
                              X