Can i go all the way with just /nin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i go all the way with just /nin?

Hey guys I'm looking into starting Beast but my whm is only lvl 25 while my nin is 37. Is it possible to just go /nin from 51 on up?
    "how broken everything about ToAU is."
    "Do you have Haruhi in your daily anime diet?"
    "ok... I've quit 5 times... and failed each time miserably... they need a patch for FFXI like those nicotine ones...."
    "Finally Quit this game"

Re: Can i go all the way with just /nin?

Yes, it's been done by several BSTs. Tonko is a much better invisible than the invisible spell WHMs get, since it's a set timer, so you'll be happy to have it in camps where you only need invis. Places where you need sneak will be expensive or not an option...but that hasn't held back the BSTs who've used this method.
    75BST 75BLU 40BLM 40DRK 38WHM 37RDM 37NIN 37THF 20WAR
    99.1 Cooking / 20 Alchemy / 15 Woodworking
    Asura Hume LS=Illuminaire
    FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Page
    FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Cooking Guide

Comment

i went up to 53 as /nin. however, like bov said, camps where it requires you to use sneak are going to be definitely out of the question, unless you have no problem spending 50k or so just for sneak oils during an xp session.

for camps in bostaniuex ob[tab] and gc basement, having sneak is a must. open camps like in altepa or ulg[tab] range are a lot easier to manage with /nin.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

From 72 to 75 in sky, /nin is better.
        But other than that, I would choose /whm over /nin.
        It's still possible to go /nin from 51 to 75, but I would just level whm 12 more.
        Leveling whm 12 more might be less trouble than going /nin instead of /whm from 51 to 75.

Comment

i am trying it.....

although i havent tried any areas where sneak is absolutely neccessary yet. in CN, i just fought my way to camp. i am lvling rdm to 37 though to use asa sub if needed. i would lvl whm, but i absolutely hate lvling it.
          Last edited by Shep; 06-30-2006, 06:51 PM.

Balmor: Elvaan Male San D'oria Rank 7
          BST 70 WAR 56 NIN 35 THF 30 MNK 30 PLD 22 DRG 19 RDM 13

Malag: Tarutaru Male Windurst Rank 10
          BLM 75 WHM 37 BRD 20 THF 16 BST 14

Comment

WHM seems like a much better option, especially because of the -na spells...

Comment

/WHM or /NIN is pretty dependant on what you're fighting, and how you like to fight it.

Use whichever works best for you.

Comment

if sneak is all you need then /25whm should be enough? I don't know if it accefts BST much to have undersub whm?
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

it doesnt really affect much but it is nice to have stoneskin, erase and re-raise later on. not needed but surely helpful
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Tsikuro
                    WHM seems like a much better option, especially because of the -na spells...

WHM may seem like a better option, but to me WHM = Hell. I have leveled it to 37 on Malag, 23 on Shep, and just cannot do it again.
                    Last edited by Shep; 06-30-2006, 06:52 PM.

Balmor: Elvaan Male San D'oria Rank 7
                    BST 70 WAR 56 NIN 35 THF 30 MNK 30 PLD 22 DRG 19 RDM 13

Malag: Tarutaru Male Windurst Rank 10
                    BLM 75 WHM 37 BRD 20 THF 16 BST 14

Comment

I S2 WHM a ton, there are some levels where it's much better but I'm too lazy to change my play style to accomadate my inability to cure my dying butt while soloing.

I did BST from 1-75 with /WHM but everyone's free to do whatever they wish. I know a few who took BST to 75 with /RDM (which was horrid when I died and he didn't and there's nothing we could do to get a raise out in the middle of nowhere land >.>;; )

There are always ways around thing, the camps listed arn't the only camps out there and with the new region, feel free to explore and "make" your own camp.

Anyways, back on subject: Yes, /NIN works.

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
                      BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
                      Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
                      Paragon of White Mage Excellence
                      Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                      My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

I am taking bst to 75 with /nin, as soon as i got ichi: I changed to /nin yes maybe when i hit 66 i might change my mind for the reraise. But untill then the dual wielding axes just feels too good. I can join in the fight alot sooner because i can bounce hate back and forth having shadows. At 61 however the Death caps I am using seem to grab hate right away. I just feel like a wus when i /whm. That and leveling rdm and brd /whm has made me tired of it. I saw the oportunity to /nin and was like YAY! DD time. Anyway we'll see... I am tired of paying for Reraise items. I do know that from what I hear on these forums it dosent sound any easier lvling with /whm than it does with /nin. I have been poisoned a few times and freaked out running up to parties asking for poisona lol.

Comment

Rise from your grave.

Comment

This thread must have had Reraise up.
                            Lyonheart
                            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

W... wow 2006. Ah well, another opportunity to giggle immaturely at Piroko's sig.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X