Guts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guts

{Hello!} I'm BST/WHM 59, soloing in Ul{tab} Range for the first time, died twice in 20 minutes.

Really, really pissed off. First, Snolls hit HARD. Second, why oh why didn't I Familiar that tiger that was holding off two other tigers??? 2 seconds to logout....{Death}.

So I {Shutdown} and then, 20 minutes later, get back on, go back in, things click a little better, xp starting to flow, and I wonder...

Are BST the only players with guts anymore?

Can you even stand to watch 6 people kill a bunny? or a worm? or a crab?

I usually find myself cheering for the mob in those cases....

Do you find yourself laughing at the parties that hang out right at the zone line and never see the inside of the zone? or the other side of the zone? Don't they look like they're just waiting to bolt at any second, any little thing that goes wrong?

In short, {Guts} {Do you need it?}

I'd like to hear some of your stories of {Beastmaster}{Guts}. Do tell!

Re: Guts

Beastmasters may have guts but they certainly aren't the only job with the trait.

My personal guts stories involve soloing a decent challenge mob in sea while getting agro from a tough shark and defeating both rather than warping or mijin gakuraing.

Or taking on a Very Tough Om'Phuabo just to see if I can and defeating it with over 900hp remaining.

Both these things happened with /WAR.
    Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
    http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

How about my SMN that solos in Ulegurand Range for Chain #5 - 550 exp?

Beastmasters may choose to solo, but you arent the only job that can do it.

Comment

Guts stories! More guts stories!

Nice chain for the SMN, too^^

Are SMN considered gutsy if they solo? {Hmmm}

Comment

Heh, you just reminded me of my 60s on NIN.

Chain #4 for 450+ exp with ring on solo.

Goblin's pets in Bibiki Bay were my pals. Oh, and if that bastard goblin turned around at the wrong time? At night I would kite him all the way across the zone, usually linking several other gobs. Good times!
          Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
          http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

See? Now that's what I'm talking about!

Maybe it's a bushido code, or chivalry, or whatever, but mano-y-mano is guts; 6 on 1 hangin out in the shallow end? Blechhh

OK, we have a NIN and a SMN with guts--where are you Beastmasters???

Comment

Originally posted by Silenus
              where are you Beastmasters???
              At risk of people not getting the joke...

Subbing /Nin and dual wielding axes with their jug pets in six man parties. ^^

- Saeriel.

p.s. have done any major solo feats since Thf 34 - Cargo Crab Colin. All the way baby! ^^

Comment

LOL!

OK, Beastmasters, /logout of your {Regen} parties and post!

So far we have gutsy NINs, SMN and THFs!

Is it generally agreed that solo v DC or higher is gutsy?

Comment

I've been soloing in Castle Oztroja recently trying to get my chest key for AF2. I don't know my way round there very well so I was invising my way around, trying to find a suitable camp. I ended up above the garden bit, pet pulling to get started, juggling respawns so as not to get links and only able to use juggies as there's no local pets available round there. I'm sure there are pets in other places but I've no idea how to get there .

25 yags later, I still haven't got my key. When I do get it, I'll have to run round again trying to find the chest, then I'll have to go hunting for the monkey.

Alternatively, I could get some friends together (preferably with TH2 in there somewhere) and tear the place up. Somehow this way is more fun, and way more scary .

Btw, funguars are great against yags, with 3-4 yags per pet (fighting lutenists and conquistadors that can be silenced). Carrie is nowhere near as efficient.

Also, a 75RDM/NIN friend came along to help me with Dabotz's Ghost. Due to my stupidity (namely forgetting that just because they can take hits from a Droma, that doesn't mean I can ), I died pretty early on. They soloed the ghost, while having 3 Dromas wailing on them. It wasn't an easy fight, but they are very skilled and pulled it off admirably .
                  I have heard that those who celebrate life
                  walk safely amongst the wild animals.
                  When they go into battle, they remain unharmed,
                  the animals find no place to attack them
                  and weapons are unable to harm them.
                  Why? Because they find no place for death in them.

Comment

I just can't imagine a more appropriate cartoon for this thread. Thank you!

I'm one of those crazy stubborn ones that just HAD to solo that dang ghost...I honestly don't think there were any bats alive on radar when it finally died. fun!

Comment

Here's one for ya, a BST one to boot, albeit only at level 20.

Just inside Ordelle's Caves, on the way down the right path, there're 3 sets of DC-EM goblins in amongst the bats. Well, being the cheap (gutsy? ) punk I am I decided to try to get through them without Prism Powder - made it to the second pair of goblins before I got aggro'd. Spent the next few minutes charming the bats and bunnies, beating on the goblins with 'em, getting links and adds and dealing with them - I managed to take out 3 pissed off goblins while still at near-full HP before I decided "SCREW THIS" and zoned.

I was pretty proud of it; takin' on 2 or 3 goblins at once and not coming anywhere near dying.

-sam
                      "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

Happened to me today as RDM, I was with a BLM trying to get her a Frany for her BST. Plan was : I sleep, she nukes. Should be cake. So I gravity pull Mr Aquarius, try to cast sleep : RESIST. Ok, lets kite - nuke so. The first 2 nukes goes well then gravity wears off when the BLM is casting >.<. A few hits later she is tasting the ground of the tree and I m with an half dead Aquarius wanting to shake my hand. A quick watch at my MP : "I should make it". So : fresh gravity, Chainspell nuke. The show went well until I hit 72MP and the guys is still having a couple of HP. Gravity wears off ... I just got the time to manually cast 2 tiers nuke I on him : DEAD. and the axe dropped as reward.

Yesterday I went to cape Terrigan to lvl a bit. There I met a BST friend trying to exp too so we start to duo. I think he was new to the place because he was like : "This guide tells to avoid VT Goblin Bandit because of hight evasion and triple attack" wich I answer by "You mean this gob ?" and as a lazzy cat that I'm, I send my pet on that VT bandit instead of raising my hand to point at it (and pointing with the finger is rude anyway). The fight went well and one of us got one more KS.

Comment

Ahahaha! That's great! GUTS!

Gogogogo Beastmaster!

Comment

Not sure it applies to the BST job in and of itself. I think it more applies to the person, and they take up the BST job because they got guts (or a screw loose ).

One day, no one on my LS at the time wanted to help me get my BRD testimony. So, I decided to trek up to the top of Castle O. and solo the Yag BRDs up there for my testy. They took about 20-30 minutes to kill each (Not to mention adds ;; ). They checked as high end EP.

After about an hour of this, a key party showed up. They camped along side me (didn't ask for help, and didn't ask me if i needed any). When they got the testy to drop, they gave it too me despite having a BRD in their own party. I ended up staying and helping them get a key for their BRD (who also ended up getting a testi).

Although i didn't technically solo my testi, I consider it pretty darn close, especially since ppl thought I was crazy. As a sidenote: I died once (thank goodness for reraise). Also, I know it wasn't DC or higher, but do two EP's (on the links) count?

---

As for BST: I was leveling in Carpenter’s Landing, ended up mischarming a funguar and linked two others. Well I recharmed the mischarm, and sent it after one of the links, then popped my NPC out and tried holding the other one off until my pet finished its fight.

Well, the funguar that my pet was fighting killed my pet, but had a sliver of health left. So, I switch my target to this one and one-shotted it; then called a jug-pet, and my jug pet, NPC, and me finished off the last link.

Can’t believe I actually made it out alive. Bonus: ended up being the first Chain 4 I’d ever gotten soloing. Woo hoo!

It wasn't until BST though that I realized having 200/600 hitpoints isn't reason to panic; you have 190 more hitpoints to go before you should panic . So, grab a pet and pull another.
                            BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Well said!

I certainly have more than a few screws loose...

Let's see, this morning I finished two fights with less than 40 hp...and was getting hit for 50-120, so, hmmm, yup, nuts. Certifiable.

And those were the times I survived >.<

Solo'ing BRD testimony??? Sir, my hat is off to you. I have never played BRD but I just can't imagine singing so horribly that things keel over dead.

Are there any BST out there that don't have a screw loose but consider BST your main?

And you other folks that have had so much fun solo (and heck ya, 2 EP count--jebus, most people die to 2 EP after, what, level 30?), do you also play BST? Want to play BST? Can't imagine why anybody would want to play BST?

Inquiring minds want to know^^

Comment

Working...
                              X