BST in PT in Dunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST in PT in Dunes

What exactly is a BST in dunes at level 10-12 supposed to do? Ours is just trying to run around getting lizards, then zoning 10 seconds later. I even think he is lost on what hes supposed to do.

(Sorry I didnt know whether to post in party etiquette or here.)

Re: BST in PT in Dunes

Um....nothing unless you are in PT. Go hit La Thiene of Konscat, or Tahrongi.

PS, check the Anthologies thread at the top for all your BST leveling needs.

Comment

From the sound of it, you are in a party with another member who is a BST? If so, there are not many BST things he can do. He should by no means even dream about charmin a lizard at that lvl. And he can't call a pet (Call Beast is a lvl 23 ability).

So, if he's in your party best i can think is play it like other melee jobs at that lvl. But, in all honesty he should really be in La Thiene, Konschtat, or Tahrongi (sp?) where he has a chance of charming something like Cole said.
      BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Yea I'm not the bst.

Thanks for info, I just wanted to clarify if I was thinking wrong or not. And yea he is kinda just killing our exp, he aint doing much =/. Ive leveled like twice and hes been in my pt and maybe got one level, havent been paying attention to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinnai
          Yea I'm not the bst.

Thanks for info, I just wanted to clarify if I was thinking wrong or not. And yea he is kinda just killing our exp, he aint doing much =/. Ive leveled like twice and hes been in my pt and maybe got one level, havent been paying attention to him.
          LMAO, I read this and I am envisioning something like having to keep an eye on your 3 year old brother while your girlfriend's over and the parents aren't home. you look up every now and again from what you're doing and think "Damn, that little bastard's still here?"

Just tell him to go charm a Goblin Butcher and watch what happens! ^^

BST/NIN/DRK 75

Comment

Tell him to go solo and learn his job. He can add absolutely nothing at that level to a party.

Comment

Originally posted by Juthan
              Tell him to go solo and learn his job. He can add absolutely nothing at that level to a party.
              LOL thats a bit rude.

All a bst is in pt till they get call bst is a A- war. Once they get that they got pet attack + there attack and even better with bst/nin for pts after they gain dual wield. Till then war is best sub but not too wise for them to voke unless its to save someone else, bst in no way are tanks.

At really low levels charm is worthless mobs do not stay charmed long enough and mobs that do stay charmed are too weak to use to fight mobs to get you good exp. I sugest (omg I know there are going to be tons of opinion about this) is that at that low level they do bst/pld and solo in Konschtat Highlands. As Bst/pld they have cure and can solo VT lizzards with no pet. Just make sure to carry antidote. I myself did this and got great exp. Pld is good sub @ those really low levels you get extra def/cure/protect/Shield Bash(omg that comes in handy). Soon your high enough that your charm works alot better and pld sub is no longer needed over the more handy /whm sub. Its good to give ya that extra edge to stay alive longer when charm is still weak.

Until level 35 a bst does not truely learn there job. Leave is what makes a bst so powerful. Being able to charm a mob that can flat out kill you and have it do your bidding then just toss it aside. That is bsts true power.
              Last edited by Xorlarrin; 06-18-2006, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorlarrin
                As Bst/pld they have cure and can solo VT lizzards with no pet. Just make sure to carry antidote. I myself did this and got great exp. Pld is good sub @ those really low levels you get extra def/cure/protect/Shield Bash(omg that comes in handy). Soon your high enough that your charm works alot better and pld sub is no longer needed over the more handy /whm sub. Its good to give ya that extra edge to stay alive longer when charm is still weak.
                Just a tiny nitpick, but a BST/PLD wouldn't have Shield Bash until level 30. By that time I suspect a BST would be using a /WHM or /NIN sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                  Just a tiny nitpick, but a BST/PLD wouldn't have Shield Bash until level 30. By that time I suspect a BST would be using a /WHM or /NIN sub.
                  The main reason /whm is subed to bst is more so for the much needed sneak and invisible that is use to get to your camps. You do not gain that till bst is @ level 50. The other reason is for cure for less down time and as I said with bst/pld for low levels you gain extra def/cure/protect/shield bash. Nin is great after ya get d/w but unless your duo with a bst/whm or lose out on all cure so you get longer downtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorlarrin
                    The main reason /whm is subed to bst is more so for the much needed sneak and invisible that is use to get to your camps. You do not gain that till bst is @ level 50. The other reason is for cure for less down time and as I said with bst/pld for low levels you gain extra def/cure/protect/shield bash. Nin is great after ya get d/w but unless your duo with a bst/whm or lose out on all cure so you get longer downtime.
                    That is most certainly NOT the main reason WE sub WHM. We sub WHM for the Cures, yes, but the -na line of spells are invaluable as a BST, moreso than any Sneak or Invisible spell.

Comment

I don't -na/erase much tbh. It's usually either harmless status stuff (INT down lol), or else single target, which usually your pet gets stuck with. I even let stuff like VIT/eva/Def.down go for the most part. BioIII one of the few statuses that I feel compelled to remove right away.

I find /whm nicer because of ss/blink on certain mobs, and DS+C3 when something bad happens. DS and Auto-Regen alone make /whm a better healing sub than /pld imo. SS/blink is better than Defense Boost, since you really shouldn't get hit often. Shield Bash and Auto-Refresh sound kinda fun though. I can see how /pld could be a good sub, but I still prefer /whm.
                      Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
                      My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

Again, not really. Thats mob specific. When you go into an area to camp you know full well what you will be fighting.

Your fighting gobs for example you want Barfira and paralyna 100% sure! No question whm is best sub.

However if your fight bats the -na spells are useless along with the lower str/dex/vit of having whm as sub.

Need not forget those that sub nin and do darn good with no cure or -na spells @ all and also there are some who swear by bst/blm.

If you think this is an argument over what sub is best your wrong. You have to be a fool to argue that. People will sub whatever they want. I simply suggest that bst/pld is good @ low levels for more survivability and please note that I also said in my post above to make sure to carry antidote.

Side note the Wings of Fury BCNM is soloable by bst/pld be cause of its survivability. LOL ok who am I kidding you still have to bring a ton on potions lol. If I can find the vid again I will edit and post a link.

Comment

Wings is soloable by BST/WHM, nekkid BSTs, and BST/RDM too, so survivability is not a factor there. It is all a matter of getting lucky and sticking early charms.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningDemon
                            nekkid BSTs
                            REALLY.... You don't say...... Hmmm. Now that sounds like a fun event... I'll start gathering the mithra!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomatoes
                              I don't -na/erase much tbh. It's usually either harmless status stuff (INT down lol), or else single target, which usually your pet gets stuck with. I even let stuff like VIT/eva/Def.down go for the most part. BioIII one of the few statuses that I feel compelled to remove right away.

I find /whm nicer because of ss/blink on certain mobs, and DS+C3 when something bad happens. DS and Auto-Regen alone make /whm a better healing sub than /pld imo. SS/blink is better than Defense Boost, since you really shouldn't get hit often. Shield Bash and Auto-Refresh sound kinda fun though. I can see how /pld could be a good sub, but I still prefer /whm.
                              Ahh yes! Very good points! How could I have forgot Stoneskin and Blink?! Two very, very good reasons to sub WHM. And yes, auto-regen is just icing on the cake.

But when I mention the -na spells, I am talking about Paralyna (which paralysis can get you killed in an inopportune time), Blindna (annoying missing so much, and also a potential killer), and Poisona (poison just being an annoyance more than anything else, really). Sure, you could bring some potions for these things, but that's why you have a WHM sub.

I enjoy my -na spells mostly due to my being a Taru, and for the most part, cannot afford to let these status effects stay on me. heh

Edit to add: I should mention, I always have a stack of antidote on me for those times I am out of mana and have poison on an already low HP pool.

Comment

Working...
                              X