EXP Spots in TOaU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXP Spots in TOaU

Figured I'd post this here, I've found so many good spots here it's crazy.

Level: 61-63
    Caedarva Mire: 61-63
    Solo Area: F-10
    Pets: Treant Sapling 61-63
    Prey: Marsh Murre 64-68
    You will have to pet swap most of the time. Don't ever think one sapling can take a VT but 2 can definately take one down. At 61 the exp has been awesome so far. Chain 4's for almost 300 without ring. Very good spot. For the stronger VT keep your pet till the bird dies. Bring sushi as they have good eva. (Thoronas)

Level: 62-64
    Wajaom Woodlands
    Solo Area: (I-7)
    Pets: Pephredo Bees (Soldiers aggro and con T until 63/64)
    Prey: Lesser Colibris (63-66)
    Best solo xp I've had in a long time, made 5k/hr without lifting a finger. The colibri's have notoriously low defense, the bees have pollen, need I say more?

Level: 64-66/67
    Wajaom Woodlands
    Duo Area: (H-11)
    Pets: Pehphredo Bees (both worker and soldier)
    Prey: Puks (at 65 we got 130-200 per kill and up to chain 5)
    Me and my duo partner easily got 5-6k/hr here, and since gold imperial coins were 1mil each, we made quite a pretty penny. Again, a very nice camp.

Level: 65-68~
    Wajaom Woodlands
    Area: (F-12) or (G-11)
    Pet: Soldier and Worker Bees
    Enemy: Puk

(F-12)
    2 Puks in the area plus another 3 a little bit south. There are leeches here too, nothing to worry about.

(G-11)
    I think there are 4 Puks there and bees. This camp is kinda round where the path are concealed by bushes. Pull and fight the Puk in the pathways by the bushes.

Level: 66-69
    Bhaflau Thickets
    Area: (H-7)
    Pets: Treant Saplings (EM-T at 66)
    Prey: Wajaom Tigers (T at 66)
    Grab a sapling (2 by the southeast entrance to the clearing) and pull tigers here. The Olden Treants only aggro sound, so sneak pull and you should be fine, or move your camp to the Northern part of the clearing. Only one tiger roams here, but a sapling also pops so they cancel out.

Bhaflau Thickets
    Area: Pond around G-8
    Pets: Leeches (68-69~)
    Prey: Colibri (undertermined, somewhere around 70-73)
    Just convert all the leeches to EM and go to town. The colibris have super weak defense and non-threatening TP moves, so just go have fun. As a side note, I came here as BST/RDM for Dia II (sometimes that little extra defense down saves a chain or your life) and purchased the Sanction refresh for 100 points. I make way over 1000 xp during the duration of sanction, and it keeps my MP almost full the entire fight, so it's very worth it.

Bhaflau Thickets (Duo)
    Area: (H-7)
    Pets: Tigers (67-69~), Treant Saplings (66-69~)
    Prey: Olden Treants (VT at 67)
    My duo partner and I tried it at 67, but there aren't enough pets until level 68. Just be careful, the small saplings will link with the olden treants and other small saplings, but a treant will not link with a sapling.

Level: 68-70
    Duo
    Caedarva Mire
    Area: (I/J-8)
    Pets: Wild Karakul (68-70)
    Prey: Jnun (75-77)
    I went here solo just a moment ago, solo it takes 2 sheep to kill the undead, but I got 240 xp for the fight, no ring. As a duo, I assume you would get around 150~ xp, but the Jnun's are super weak to physical damage. As a taru BST, I finished one with a 380 rampage, no food. I will post average xp/hr once I do some more exploring here.
    *update* I just went here to duo, the xp was 3k-4k/hr at level 70, but at 69 or even 68, xp should be much better. Only 3 undead, so there is a slight delay on the 3rd one's repop.

Level: 71-72 (maybe 73) *This is speculation until my duo partner levels*
    Duo
    Mamook
    Area: Undetermined (once we return, I will make sure to check the position)
    Pets: Pugils (70-72) and Colibri (70-72)
    Prey: Cockatrices (Mostly VT at 70, so probably 73-76)
    I ventured here while looking for a possible 70 duo spot in Aht Urgan, but there really weren't enough EM pets around to use. At 71 there should be a better assortment, and the area they are in is nice. 6-7 Cockatrice spawns, many open and aggro free areas, and the 15% xp bonus from sanction. To get here, go to the far south west corner of Wajaom Woodlands and zone in there.

Level: 74-75
    Solo
    Mount Zhayolm
    Area: (H-9), maybe also (J-8)
    Pets: Magmatic Eruca (DC-EM to 75, sound aggro, linking(?) during the day)
    Prey: Sicklemoon Jagil (DC-T to 75, sound aggro, linking)
    The crabs around here also aggro, but the flies don't.

Duo
    Area: (G-8) (behind the Gates of Halvung)
    Pets: Volcanic Leech (DC-EM to 75, non-aggro)
    Prey: Hilltroll * (VT to 75, sight aggro)

Still looking for more, send me any places you know and I'll be sure to put them in.
    Last edited by Xenthan; 05-24-2006, 06:40 AM.
    BLM 75 / BST 75 / RDM 37 / WHM 37 / NIN 37 / SMN 35 / SAM 34
    Clothcraft: 82.3 +2
    Fishing: 36.0
    Rank 10 / Zilart 14 / CoP 5.1
    Let's support Gil Sellers!
    Useful Links Graveyard
    Third Law of Beastmastery: He who hath attained a higher level shall soon again visit his past level.

Re: EXP Spots in TOaU

Nice info Xenthan, I too have been dabbling in the new areas and found the Woodlands to be a good spot. Haven't done much exploring as I've taken a break, but I hope there are more good areas here as it seems SE was kind in giving us charmables this time around(even slimes in Subterrane...which seem about lvl 72ish..I'm just speculating though.) Good luck with finding new camps and hopefully ToAU will be the new bst heaven.

Comment

Still did not had time to go check that as BST, so I will ask it there : is there any possible spot to exp as lvl 60 BST in the expension ?

Comment

I checked around with my 61 blm, the weakest mob was VT to me. Don't suppose you can charm anything. Or maybe... charm chigoe : /?
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Sigmara
          Still did not had time to go check that as BST, so I will ask it there : is there any possible spot to exp as lvl 60 BST in the expension ?
          This, I would love to know as well. I am currently away from the game because of RL work demands,have been since 2 days after pack release, but mashing it up with my BST in an exp pack zone is something I want to do when I first get back.
          NIN 75 RDM 65 RNG 59 BST 60
          Main: Woodworking 99.4+3
          Mule A: Alchemy 100+3

Comment

Eseuldor! D: I really recognize your naked galka mannequin...
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

As far as I know, all the mobs will con T to you at 60. Chigoes are uncharmable, unfortunately. I'd highly recommend the Boyahda tree, either Duo or Solo. You can charm funguars or spiders and fight the same mobs, and the spiders have a fairly decent web drop rate.
              BLM 75 / BST 75 / RDM 37 / WHM 37 / NIN 37 / SMN 35 / SAM 34
              Clothcraft: 82.3 +2
              Fishing: 36.0
              Rank 10 / Zilart 14 / CoP 5.1
              Let's support Gil Sellers!
              Useful Links Graveyard
              Third Law of Beastmastery: He who hath attained a higher level shall soon again visit his past level.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                Eseuldor! D: I really recognize your naked galka mannequin...
                , I am not sure how I am supposed to respond to that, but I am laughing to it none the less.

And that kind of sucks it's all 61-62+ only >< Oh well I planned on grinding it in Ulequerand Range till 61 anyway since I love those snolls to death. Um, to their deaths I meant.

ninja edit: I just noticed you have an Ebisu Rod. Dude...I have to give you a salute for that one. I been working on my Lu Rod for like 2 yrs now. Being stuck at 127/10,000 after 2 yrs kind of makes you wonder if you were working towards it now...
                NIN 75 RDM 65 RNG 59 BST 60
                Main: Woodworking 99.4+3
                Mule A: Alchemy 100+3

Comment

I have one I wanna try out as BST, been there on BRD already. What you gotta do is warp out to thickets via Mamool Ja Staging Point. The mobs there are puc types and occasional Mamool beastman or various jobs. The pucs are Tish, and the Mamool are T/VT. Normy PT here hits infinite chains unless the place is overcamped, so BST trio at 75, or more at lowers would be fine to jug burn it.

Only thing is gotta /NIN cause the Pucs have a nasty AOE knockback move.

Comment

Just wanted to add, Caedarva Mire is nice xp at 63, maybe as early as 61. Lots of mobs near the zone with quick respawn. I'm currently using saplings and leeches vs leeches and birds. So far all of the birds have been T with the saplings being DC-EM and the leeches being EM-T.

From what I've been able to tell, any of the 3 exits from Nashmau will work as camps. I have been able to get about 4k per hour with near constant killing in a pretty small area.

Comment

If anyone has found a spot that'd be appropriate for 71/72 I'd be grateful. I haven't found one yet.

Comment

I'm very interested in a lvl 74 solo spot, or maybe a lvl 74-75 duo spot.

San d'Oria 8-2 :: ZM14 :: PM Storms of Fate :: ToAU 15
                        Want an Optical Hat? 1M (Your cluster) / 2.5M (Cluster suplied). /tell Cesario, Firedevil, or Duong. (Siren)

Comment

(copy/paste from alla)

Wajaom Woodlands (H-11)

Level: 66-68

Pet: Aht Urhgan Attercop 65-67? (non-aggro, non-linking)

Prey: Puk 68-70? (sight & sound aggro, non-linking)

Camp under the south stone arch near the water. Puk's have fast attack rate and often spam fairly disruptive WS moves (one is AoE Flash, another is a 4 shadow Blink). Position yourself with your back to the stone arch or wall (or at the very least not in a position to get blown into an Ameretat (Ochu-type mob) by the Puk's knockback AoE damage move.

Other things to consider... You may find it safer to use 2 pets per Puk, or else you might be expending quite a bit of Zeta. One to engage one on one w/ a Puk till about 75-80%, and another that has home radius around the arch you can keep as EM finisher. Also, the spiders appear to have a slight resistance to charm. Nothing bad like slimes or anything, but I would guess my charm rate was about 80-90%. Not lethal, but definitely something to watch out for, especially between swaps.

Other than the mischarms, this is a pretty relaxing camp.

---------------

I'm almost certain this would make a good duo or trio area also, using the bee colony just to the north of the Puks, which repop fast. The bees seem to be around lvl 64-65. Again, just keep your back toward a wall so you're not blown into a Soldier bee or something.

(copy/paste #2 from alla)

Aydeewa Subterrane (enter from E-9 Wajaom)

Level: 69-71?

Pet: Slime Mold (67-69)

Prey: Defoliator (VT to me at 68)

Camp in tunnel leading to large room w/ Ameretats and Defols.

Slime Mold can take on Defoliator as long as there isn't too much Poison Breath spam. May want to consider /rdm to Dispel Defense Boost before WS. I think this would be much better/safer as a duo spot, as the Defoliators do not go down easily. Otherwise, the pets and pulls are pretty close together.

Addendum:
                          Tried to do the slimes > crawlers in Aydeewa today. Definitely not Bostaunieux II. Between Defense Boost, Sticky Thread, and a very unhealty Poison Breath, my DC-EM slimes required one, and even two Zeta in a single battle to survive. If this is a BST camp, then it's probably meant to be duo'd.

So far, each battle against the VT crawlers has been like 4-5 minutes long for me and yielded about 250-300 base XP, which I guess works out to 3-4k/hr. For solo I guess it's acceptable, if you don't mind spending a bunch of gil on biscuits as well as risking mischarms on slimes.

(copy/paste #3 from alla)

Another excellent spot is (G-8) Bhaflau Thickets. One of the posts above mentioned this as a spot to use Colibri for pets. I believe they make much better prey though. Duo with Tigers from 67-68, and solo with Leech (Red Kisser) pets from 69 to 71. Chain#3 and 4's up to 69 for 200-300 base XP each kill.

----------

The last spot I hit around 7-8k/hr solo@69, no joke. Empress band died in 15min.
                          Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
                          My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

This spot is likely brutally camped to no end now, but I haven't tried it in awhile.

Caedarva Mire: Wild Karakul (No idea on level, but maybe somewhere around 70?) vs. Heraldic Imps (Lv.79-81). Imps are very weak, pretty easy to get 4k/hr.

Problem: People merit on imps now for their omg chains, which means it's likely the camp will be taken.

Comment

Anyone wanting some new exp spots where people will not be meriting wait a day or so and read my end game bst guide when its up. I find some nice spots, and while I might not post them all right away when I'm done abusing them for myself I will.

Comment

Working...
                              X