This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST guide to lvl 30

Cause I have some spare time I built a lvling guide based on two sites and some hypothesis:

http://11111.fc2web.com/ - BST site
    http://ff11.s33.xrea.com - Vana'Diel monsters

The (pet - attacked monster) pair is based on the monsters strength - weakness map on the first site:

1. Vermin -> Plantoids -> Beasts -> Lizards -> Vermin

2. Birds -> Aquans -> Amorpha -> Birds

Vermin = Worms, Bees, Crawlers, Beetles, Flies, Scorpions, Spiders

Plantoids = Mandragoras, Saplingsa, Treants, Cactuses, Funguars, Morbols, Goobbues

Beasts = Rabbits, Sheeps, Rams, Dhalmels, Tigers, Opo-opo, Coeurls, Manticores

Lizards = Lizards, Raptors, Cockatrices

Birds = Bats, Birds

Aquans = Pugils, Crabs, Octopi

The recommended lvl stated is based on the both monsters lvl in that area (pet and defendent) taken from second site as such:

- pet lvl = 2 lvls more than the minimum lvl of that monster in that area (to be able to find easily some monsters to be tamed, being -1, -2 lvls of the BST)

- attacked moster = until 2 lvls more than the maximum lvl of that monster in that area (to be able to get decent experience ranging from 12 to at least 50) (when at the begining of the pair lvl you might get 100 or more exp )

Example:

Area: Valkurm Dunes
    pet Beech Pugil lvl 23-26
    attacks Thread Leech lvl 21-25
    Recomended lvl: min 25- max 27 ( min 25= pet min lvl +2 = 23+2;
    max 27 = attacks max lvl +2 = 25+2)

Here are some places together with their pairs:

Ronfaures

Beetle -> Funguar 5-8
    Funguar -> Hare 5-8
    Funguar -> Sheep 7-10

La Theine

Sappling -> Hare 10-12
    Poison Bats - Thickshells 12-16
    Grass Funguars -> Sheeps 14-16

Konschtat

Sheeps -> Lizards 13-15

Valkurm

Hare -> Lizards 17-20
    Damesfly -> Snipper 22-24
    Damesfly -> Pugils 24-25
    Pugils -> Leech 25-27

Jugner

Screamer -> Pugils 17-20
    Screamer -> Snipper 17-20
    Pugils.Snipper -> Leech 19-23
    Beetle -> Funguar 22-25
    Funguar -> Tiger 24-27

Buburimu Peninsula

Mandragora -> Rarab 17-20
    Zu -> Snipper 22-24
    Snipper -> Leech 21-23
    Pugil -> Leech 25-27

Rolanberry

Wasp -> Clipper 24-27
    Clipper -> Leech 25-28

Ordelles Cave

Snipper -> Thread Leech 19-22
    Sappling -> Bunny 20-21
    Jelly -> Ancient Bat 28-30
    Ancient Bat -> Clipper 28-31
    Clipper -> Jelly 28-30
    Jelly -> Slash Pine 28-31
    Ding Beetle -> Poison Leech 25-29

Some lvl numbers are not following the above rule cause the difference between pet and attacked monster should not be more than -2 lvls (the third hypothesis )

Please try some of above and post your results, comments, ..... whatever. I want to know what is wrong and refine it further for the moment when Ill reach 30s and get my BST

Have fun

Lakshmi

NM Record
    Stray Mary 1/1 (1 Mary's Horn drop)
    Serpopard Ishtar 2/2 (no drop)
    Geyser Lisard 0/3
    Leaping Lizzy 0/1

Kiwi - Taru Taru BLM 15
    Dara - Mithra MNK 30 / THF 13 / RDM 11 / BST 19

great info dara
    Still trying to play way too much...
    60 BRD, 75 BST, 37 WHM, 15 THF, 16 BLM
    BCNM40 over 100 wins ><
    BCNM60 |] 3-0-1 [|

Pallas - 2/16 (Solo'd at LVL 64)
    Alksomething - 0/8

Comment

gonna bump this for the great info. and add this..pls feel free to make this a current lvling guide and info sharing amongst bst's.. =)

Ordelle Caves:

Stink Bats>Stink Bats.Goblins (17-19)
      Whm-31, Blm-29, Bst-20, Pld-18, and War-9 Hume of Midgardsormr

Comment

how about monsters from lvl30 on up?...im getting close to 30 and qufim is getting crowded...>_<
        also...where id ordelle caves?

Comment

ordelle is in the valley within LT...

and second, thats why i wanted to make this a continuing thing, so as we all pass 30 we can share info with each other ^^
          Whm-31, Blm-29, Bst-20, Pld-18, and War-9 Hume of Midgardsormr

Comment

Hey guys Thank you first of all dara great info got me to 30 ^_^

I am a 31BST/32BLM and I love beastmaster so far. After level 30 i sugest you get out of quifim, not only because there are limited mobs and too many parties, but also, because it is super boring, hehe.

At level 30 i went to korolocka Tunel, its a great place for beastmasters, because there are very few parties that go there, very good loot (i made 8k ina night easy off loot)

There you will find Giant spiders (the dont agro, but they link)
            Jellies (con as easy prey but fight like very toughs, and link and agro)
            Dark bats, and combats (a million of these, they link, dont agro)
            Thread Leeches (like jelly con as easy but fight hard, they link also, but dont agro)
            Gigas xxxxx (a varity of giant hunter type green guys, STAY away from them, they AGRO!)

You should be able to tame spiders, and bats there. Just be careful cause if your tame fails, you will link other mobs.

I usually use spiders on spiders, or bats on spiders, Jellies are very anoying because they have good vision, they can track you from far, and they hit hard, try to stay away from them.
            Leatha Crafta Masta
            Leathercraft 100+3
            Smithing 60
            Clothcraft 60
            [img]http://img94.exs.cx/img94/550/sniper.jpg[/i mg]

Comment

does anyone know how is BST at kazam jungles? and for what level? ^^ thanks~~
              ~Dty~

Comment

I have not yet been able to get all my keys, but i was told parties go there from lvl 26-30, so i would imagine its a good place for BST at 30+ (parties usually go after things a few levels above them, whereas BST go for things just about their level)

But i to am curious as to How kazham is for BST. Once i get my keys i will post some info on it.
                Leatha Crafta Masta
                Leathercraft 100+3
                Smithing 60
                Clothcraft 60

Comment

This is really helpful, it should be Sticky-ed.
                  "From the void all things are born.
                  To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

Great topic I've even wrote it all down so I don't forget(damn printer is all screwed up) but you never said what monsters amorpha where. I assume they're like leeches but what else?

La Theine

Sappling -> Hare 10-12
                    Poison Bats - Thickshells 12-16
                    Grass Funguars -> Sheeps 14-16
                    I have passed through La Theine many times and I don't remember seeing hardshells or grass funguars. I see sheep but they were uncommon to see.
                    ----------------------------------
                    WAR: 30 WHM: 37 BLM: 10 BST: 18 MNK: 15 THF: 15 BRD: 75 RDM: 15

Comment

They're called Thickshells, I think it was a typo and those are found near the lake on the map... I forgot what the lake is called but most people call it 'the lake' (its upper mid map)

And those Grass Funguars can be found close to the zone into Valkurm, there are TONS around there.

The sheep are random... really aren't any good spots that I've found that a lot of sheep spawn.
                      "From the void all things are born.
                      To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

I'm confused by the second half of Dara's post. I understand that you need to use one type of pet on a particular enemy, but the numbers are confusing me. Could someone clarify?

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Tom, I guess I'll head to Windhurst now (from bastok ~_~) to get the food guild for making familiars then head to La Theine for some levels .

Comment

Hey guys, well Currently im a level 34 BST and i recently visited Kazham , yhuntunga jungle.

There you will find Goblins, Mandrogas(litle plantmen), Bees, opo opos (monkies), and Lizards.

Mandrogas -easy-decent to me.
                            Goblins easy - tough (link, agro)
                            Bees decent - tough (link)
                            Opo Opo - Even-tough (link)
                            Lizards - Even - tough (link)

It was a new area and i didnt have enough time to experience it fully however I think at level 35 this will be a great place to level. The mandrogas and bees where the only real pet'able s but were too weak to kill the stronger Goblins and op op's.

To level here you would need to be higher then 34 (at least 35 me thinks) cause the even matches all had high defense(@34), and would untame often (almost killing me). Before 34 you maybe be able to tame the mandrogas that are near the zone area to kazham, but you'll have alot of competition with parties in that area.

With that said, it seems to be a GREAT leveling spot for 35-37. There are PLenty of pets, and plenty of goblins, and few parties(deeper in the jungle where no one goes). However it is very dangerous, and has very little space to run in some areas(run away from a goblin, and bump into another ><)

Another area for 34-36 levels is east altepa desert (after korolocka tunnel) Its a very dangerous area but lots of spiders around that level.

Hope this helps.
                            Leatha Crafta Masta
                            Leathercraft 100+3
                            Smithing 60
                            Clothcraft 60

Comment

For the...

Poison Bats -> Thickshells 12-16

Is the onnly place to get the bats in the ordelle or whatever it's called because it's sorta far walking just to tame something then walk to pond and have it die then walk back. alos the Poison Funguar agro on me on the way which isnt fiun seeing that I have 205HP and they hit 17-37.

Any advice on BST 12/WHM 6 for that area would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X