To LVL BRD or not to LVL BRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To LVL BRD or not to LVL BRD

I said go RDM, but that's primarily because I cannot put my name behind something which says "truely".

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
      I said go RDM, but that's primarily because I cannot put my name behind something which says "truely".
      QFtruelyTruth.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

For the most part…Brd is very repetitive. I’ve fallen asleep a bunch of times at the keyboard…
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Yeah I have taken a lot of what you all are saying into consideration, But I am still going to lvl BRD I find it fun, I hate RDM I had to lvl it once before, to 64 and I'm just so bored with it now, In all honesty I'd rather lvl SCH than RDM atm so Bard it is! Thanks so much for all your input ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks View Post
            Levelling BRD is like levelling BLM. Once you have it at 75, you can give up hope of ever coming to endgame events as anything else, except on rare occasions.
            Heh.. if you think one is bad, imagine what it's like to have both levelled, merited and geared! Then again, I have been coming to some events on WHM than anything else, which is nice for a change.

Originally posted by Feenicks View Post
            You could always level RDM ... that'll confuse the hell out of everyone.
            ... wouldn't ya know it, that'll be my next 75! Thankfully there's already plenty of RDMs in our group already.

Originally posted by Zoltar View Post
            bard fo' life yo!

lol srsly its the easiest job to level in my experiences...and even though the AF looks like golf-wear its still hawt
            Wait.. you use those awful things?!

Originally posted by Saren View Post
            I was seriously considering bard, until I hit endgame and now I won't be touching it with a barge pole.

Bard in endgame is repetative, you are barely reacting to the mob or anything, just doing your little haste and refresh cycle and throwing out the odd cure or status cure for those bards that actually use their /whm (I can count the bards I know one one hand that are this good).

I have a friend in a HNMLS who says that bard on HNM is fun but he's very good and gets enough respect from the people he's in a shell with that he gets to try things out.

So it's boring in endgame generally and to cap it off forget any other job you might have, for the rest of time. A lot of the bards I talk to who actually enjoy it seem to enjoy being needed and the sucking up a lot more than they enjoy the actual job experience. "Everyone loves a bard" seems to be the general response if you ask them why they like it.
            Quite to the contrary I have a lot of fun and variety in my repertoire when I'm playing bard in endgame. From planned events like Dynamis, Assault or Einherjar to fighting Tiamat or Dark Ixion, you'll find that you can get a 6-to-8-song Pianissimo'd cycle going (including two regular lullabys) instead of the usual boring ballad & buffs.
            Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
            Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
            Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

You know what, I would like one Bard, just one Bard, to try and sub /PUP, just like to see what it would be like, particularly with a Soulsoother head.

I'd try it out myself, but that'd require me leveling Bard . . . {No thanks.}
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Level BRD.

I want you to suffer.

Comment

Was that directed to the OP or myself? I mean, I probably know the answer already, but that question had to be asked.

. . . Love you too, 'kitten.
                  No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                  However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                  Matthew 16:15

Comment

I meant the OP, but I'm OK with you suffering as well

Comment

LOL I might just finish bard, I mean it seems to run in my family.... Even my husband has a bard character (Taru) I"m always being harassed by him cuz he thinks /whm is useless that bard is best suited for /nin and pull whoring -. - lol now I go /whm to annoy him

P.S. BBQ ; ; your sig makes me miss my stolen account so much! ; ; I had pahl body pants and homam body for my thf D: not to mention raja's and /dnc lvled for farming /cry /cry /cry

Comment

Working...
                      X