BRD Merits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRD Merits

As of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a 2nd Lv 75, now I have BRD under my belt too. Now it's time for merits. So far I have 1 Lullaby recast merit done, I was planning on going with 5 each of Lullaby/Finale recasts, but I was wondering if anyone had done the Madrigal/Minuet ones and if they were worth taking a look at. For Group 2 I was looking at 2 each Troubador and Nightengale, and 1 each of the two merit songs.

Any recommendations?
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: BRD Merits

BRD merits.... they're just not terribly mindblowing.

There's certainly nothing wrong with your initial picks, though I think Lullaby Recast merits really serve merit PTs better than most other situations. And the recast is already pretty low to start with.

There are still buff-whoring mobs out there, though, so I'd personally prioritize Finale recast ahead of Lullaby. In fact, I'd just skip Lullaby entirely.

As for Minuet vs Madrigal, minuet all the way. Any melee worth his salt is going to have a good accuracy build for when they need it. Minuet merits wont add much more than your +singing skill gear could, you only get +1 attack per merit, but a boost is a boost.

I'd go 5 Finale/5 Minuet, but that's just me. Merits are always about your personal preference, but BRD merits are harder to scrutinize than others because the difference feels so minimal.

As for Group 2, see above, do what you feel good with. I think your plan is ok there. I found Group 2 for BRD to be so underwhelming I've still yet to get back to finish upgrading there. In fact, I'd probably merit that category after I had nothing else better to merit.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 07-16-2007, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I've gone with 3 Minuet and 1 Lullaby so far, along with Troubadour. My plan is to go 5/5 on both of those, and on group 2 I'm not sure yet.

I wish there was a category for March effect.. mmm that would kick ass.
      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

I wish they would have done Lullaby duration and not recast ; ; I rarely have a problem with it not being up on time, but I do have issues with it wearing while I'm in the middle of my other 2-song cycles. I have capped Wind skill, Minstrel's + Wind Torque, and Mary's Horn, and my total CHR comes to about 110. I'm not sure what else I can do to boost my Lullaby potency, but it drives me nuts compared to Sleep, BRD/NIN is nice but I still think I prefer pulling for merit parties as RDM/DRK.

Also, for RDM I have 8 Enfeeb/1 Dark/1 Ele, so I have 6 spots left to use. I was debating between 3 singing/3 wind, or 6 singing. Which do you think would serve to be more useful? I'm still a little fuzzy on how the skills equate into effect for BRD songs.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

While we all would have drooled over Paeon/Ballad potency, it'll never happen ; . ;
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
          X