Instrument Skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Skills

Greetings and well met to all. I am a long-time lurker here in the forums, but a first-time poster. I would like to level my BRD and take a break from the 'world of the beater'. (MNK, SAM)

From what I've read, I want to make sure I understand the skills correctly. Do I have this right?
    • Singing - the main skill for a BRD. Governs both Wind & Stringed skills.
    • Wind - governs wind instruments, more accurate than stringed, but with shorter range. Plays a more prominent role end-game when trying to land debuffs on gods, HNMS, etc.
    • Stringed - long range, but less accurate as far as landing on mobs
    I understand that anything really above a total CHR of 100 is overkill. So, at that point, would one do better to place an emphasis on singing or wind skill? I would certainly appreciate any help from some fellow BRDs out there. Thanks for the input. ^^

Re: Instrument Skills

You'll never really need more CHR than half your natural base CHR, which is difficult to achieve before 40, but that's not an issue. As you start to commonly fight VT or T mobs, you can actually get by with less CHR than that and play with String, Wind, Skilling skill gear or Haste gear to your own liking. I personally reccommend singing skill gear, though, as it will boost your Minuet and Madrigal buffs a bit more than than others.

You probably have some Haste Gear laying around from MNK, so it'll see action later on with BRD, too.

Comment

Do brd only use haste for recast on debuffs seens as it doesnt effect spell casting duration and all the buff spells last 2minutes and the recasts back up by then anyway? Never really questioned why they wore haste before, just thought Id ask now :/
      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
      Woodworking 91.9+2
      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

The CHR limit is about right.. once you hit a total of 100 you've capped out. With all the gear out there that grants you huge CHR increases you can do this easily. CHR governs your ability to both land a song on a mob AND your ability to resist enemy songs (and Charm against BST NMs & some of the triggers in Dynamis zones), but with so much CHR available it's not as important as your skill levels. Singing and instrument skill govern the potency and duration of all your songs. If you have a choice between getting equipment to increase CHR or singing/instrument skill, definitely go with the skill increase.
        Last edited by Olorin401; 06-13-2007, 05:13 AM.
        Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
        Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
        Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Working...
        X