Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lv67 Bard wants to beat Maat ........ ok???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lv67 Bard wants to beat Maat ........ ok???

My single hand sword skill and evasion skill capped

is it possible or i can save my brd testimony until lv69 or lv70??

thanks ^^

Re: lv67 Bard wants to beat Maat ........ ok???

It's possible since he won't Asuran Fist spam you to death and you have Requiem VI.

Comment

Originally posted by x1ang View Post
      It's possible since he won't Asuran Fist spam you to death
      What makes you say that?

If he feels like it, he will.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

As long as he's not 70, Maat has a change of heart :d

Comment

Originally posted by x1ang View Post
          As long as he's not 70, Maat has a change of heart :d
          I wish you would have told him that each time before I went in to see him. 5 times, each time spammed Asuran Fists. I was 69. He might or he might not, and from everything I've heard the odds heavily favor might.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

oh damn i guess that is false.. i remember when i did it i was advised to stay sub-70 to avoid asuran fists. so i fought him once at 68/9? (don't remember) and needless to say he didn't asuran fist me :x.

anyhow, it is possible to beat maat at 67.

Comment

I fought Maat 3 times before I finally beat him, and I found that my level seemed to play a big roll. It may just be a coincidence, but at level 68 he trashed me, at level 69 I faired pretty well, was able to recover from one A.Fist, but the second did me in ;;. At level 70, he was so easy I almost felt sorry for him .

My gear/items/strategy was the same for each fight; so, the only differences I could see were level/skill levels or pure dumb luck.
              BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Originally posted by h5n1 View Post
                My single hand sword skill and evasion skill capped

is it possible or i can save my brd testimony until lv69 or lv70??

thanks ^^
                I'd save it just for a more certain win.

As for Asuran Fists, he'll spam it to his heart's content, regardless of level.

A lot of people will suggest you go in with an evasion gear setup, others with DEF. I'll drop a strategy here.

What to bring:

Opo-Necklace and about 8 sleeping potions
                Icarus Wing
                Blink Band
                Tavnazian Taco
                Selbina Milk
                And Lots of Hi-Potions
                Standard EXP armor can be used here, just make sure you get decent DEF with it.

You have sword skilled up enough for Spirits Within, so you're in good shape. Bring a sword. And make a separate macro list for the following.

Note: DO NOT use /equip macros for weapons here, you will lose all TP you've worked to gain. in fact, leave all weapons but a sword and Earth Staff in your Mog House. Make a separate, non-song macro so you can equip staff later for extra defense.

Songs to play:

x2 Paeon
                Elegy
                Finalie
                Requiem VI

After you get in the BC, use the necklace and sleep pots to get TP, once you get about 100 to 150, stop using them and use a Icarus Wing to boost more TP. From there run to the edge the BC arena pop your Blink Band, taco and milk.

Why milk? Its a weak 1 HP a tick Regen that is going to be first in line when Maat uses Finalie. So you're using it to protect your other buffs from being removed.

Anyway, from here, use Soul Voice and Paeon x2. You'll have all the healing you need from this and high pots. From there Requiem VI and Elegy on Maat and TP a little until you feel Spirits Within is ready. Continue to melee for more sword TP and be sure to reapply Elegy and Finalie, as well as Paeon before Soul Voice is up. Use milk each time he uses Finalie to keep your Paeons.

Requiem VI wreaks havoc when used under Soul Voice, it'll be a good share of your damage on him. If you think you can't TP well enough and are taking big damage, switch to earth staff and use high pots. Kite if you have to, Elegy should still keep him slowed up and Requiem will continue to eat him alive.

If Maat hits 30 percent HP and you have a good edge on him with HP, once you hit the 8-9 minute mark, he'll give up and you win.

Finally, the most important thing - don't panic. As with any BC, some people will get overwhelmed by getting too excited or anxious/nervous. If you get like this, do something that before the BC to get you cooled of and in the right state of mind. Play your favorite FF Battle Theme, have a beer or w/e. Just stay cool.

Comment

I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard on the rumor mill that Maat's level is 1-3 levels above yours.

Of course it's entirely rumor, I don't think it's been proven/disproven. I expect alot of it is just plain dumb luck.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

thanks for all sharing and finally i did it ......... and WON by my lv67 Bard ..... ^^v

i bought
                    36 hi-potion,
                    12 selbina milk,
                    1 car. Wing (for tp 100%) and
                    ate a def+ food (25% 100)

after soul voice, buff myself (hp regen + att +), i sleep him BUT fail ................

he started to attack me, i immediately started attack and slow + foe VI him .............

i finally used up all hi-potion ( i hit him 26-40, he hit me 120 normally, one howling fist but no asuran fist ^^')

my hp in red and wait for die ..........................

he miss and i miss too ..................

he still miss and i miss too ........................

he suddenly disappeared ........................

loading .......... and i just thought my time is over, but 6min20sec ........??

after warp back to jeuno and talked to maat, i WON ^^

i never forget this battle in my whole life i think ^^

Comment

gratz man

Comment

Working...
                      X