This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elemental Staff Effectiveness

So I went out and bought all the staves I thought would work for me at lvl 68. (Light, Dark, Earth, Ice, Water) I thought about buying the +1 versions of each one. The question is of course, is the +1 worth all the extra gil for added effectiveness achieved. Take in mind my budget is about 800k-1mil to spend on staves. Discuss

Re: Elemental Staff Effectiveness

Getting Earth and Light HQ are your top priorities. Elegy at levels 39 and 59 slow your opponent's speed, crippling their attacks. Having a Earth Staff helps tremendously because Elegy is Earth element, having a Terra's Staff would help get the song resisted, saving time.

I say Apollo's Staff secondly because Lullaby is Light element, and seeing them resisted at tight positions causes havok. If you have the extra gil, upgrading Light into Apollo's isn't so bad.
    Last edited by kazuri; 03-26-2006, 02:38 AM. Reason: Miswording & Mistakes
    Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

Apollo's staff's only benefit to cures would be the +1 MND increase over light staff, which wouldn't do a /WHM much good. I think that terra's staff would be the first HQ staff to worry about as BRD. And apollo's staff second, only if you have excess gil, or your lullabies (lullabys?) are getting resisted way too much.

Although, I only have my experiences on getting exp buffers on my friend's level 75 BRD and whatever information I've retained about the job. I wouldn't mind hearing some other opinions.
      Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by kazuri
        Getting Earth and Light HQ are your top priorities. Elegy at levels 39 and 59 slow your opponent's speed, crippling their attacks. Having a Earth Staff helps tremendously because Elegy is Earth element, having a Terra's Staff would power up your efficiency even more.

I say Apollo's Staff secondly because a BRD tends to cast curing spells commonly, not to mention Lullaby is Light element.
        First, from my understanding the staves only affected the resist rate and not the potency (might affect requim, but carnage is a set potency I think). Second, getting apollo's because you cure a lot is pointless...they both have +10% cures. NQ staves are just fine if you don't have money to spare.
        Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Hm, whoops. A mistake there, I forgot that Apollo didn't add an extra 5% into curing spells.

When I said efficiency, I didn't mean adding more into slow, maybe I misworded it a bit. Sorry for the misconception.

What Rones said is so true though, there’s no need for HQ Staves if your budget is tight. In the end, HQ Staves are luxury items. There are much better ways to spend your money if you just get an NQ.
          Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

I don't know what servers you guys are from, but if the original poster has only 1M budget, she's not getting *any* HQ staves on Carby. They start at 3M and go up from there, IIRC.

Never having owned an HQ staff, I can't comment much on whether there is an additional resist difference or how big it is. Rones is right that bards won't see a significant spell potency difference, though, so if you're fine with your elegy/lullaby resist rates with NQ staffs, HQ won't really help you.

Once you get to 70+ and start doing HNMs more often, you may want to re-examine the issue of resists and whether or not HQ staves could help, but you'll still need more money to do anything other than window shop.
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

LOL Same for Midgard. HQ staves were 3-6 mil each last time I checked. HQ staves are a HUGE investment. When I see someone with a full set all I can do is drool. LOL
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
              X