This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-30

I want to know what equip I should look out for 1-30. Currently this is what I have at level 9:

Cornette +1
    Maple Harp +1
    Flute +1
    Faerie Piccolo
    Piccolo +1 (As soon as in ah >.<
    Bird Whistle
    Hope Ring x2 (as soon as in ah >.<
    Noble's Ribbon
    Rest is just whatever has highest def for now.

I'm completely new to this job and I just want to do it right and do it well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: 1-30

the most important pieces are the +2 instruments (but i believe you have all of that already)

other than that:
    monster signa
    mary's horn (a plus)
    garrison tunica

any +mp equipment is always nice and useful (but not mandatory). other than that, just go with w/e best suits you. armor for a BRD at those levels isn't too big of a deal (just the instruments and +mp for healing).

Comment

Thanks, I also got one more question. If I wanted to put more than one song into a single macro, like for stacking Paeons, how long of a wait would I need between songs?

Comment

12 seconds is what I use for regular buffs.
        Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

generally songs take 8 seconds to cast.. so you decide what works best :D

Comment

The core buff songs take 12 seconds. That's why my main two buff macros look like this:
            /ma "Minuet IV" <me>
            /wait 12
            /ma "Minuet III" <me>

and
            /ma "Ballad" <me>
            /wait 12
            /ma "Ballad II" <me>

There is less than 1 second delay between the first finishing and the next starting with that macro. That is why I say they take 12 seconds.

Comment

<Thank you.> The macros work great ^^

Comment

Well when I started this job I was a poor SOB, not so much anymore but back in the day I had very little to work with. That's the one great thing about BRD is that it's not a cash devouring beast that other jobs can be, I didn't have half the equipment you're talking about and I hardly got resisted. I would suggest Mary's Horn but I wouldn't go as far to say that you should get a Monster Signa, yeah it's more CHR and yeah it's one hot piece but it's not needed.

That's my two cents, take it how you like.
                The beginning to an artist is pain.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

1-30 get all the +1 instruments you can get your hands on. Garrison Tunica (lvl 18 I believe) lasted me pretty close to 40 I think.

Monster Signa is VERY nice to have but definatly isn't needed.

One expensive piece that you definatly need is Mary's Horn.

As for gear....depending on your race the RSE equipment is pretty nice for the +MP (atleast on Elvaan RSE). Basically just plug the slots with +CHR and +MP gear. CHR taking priority.

Just make sure to keep your sword/dagger skill up. You'll need it for later on.
                  "I am the Flail of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon You."

-Genghis Khan

----------------------------

Aniclator

50 BRD (Main)
                  30 WHM
                  27 DRK
                  22 SAM
                  20 WAR
                  19 BLM
                  15 THF
                  10 BST

Comment

Originally posted by Aniclator
                    Just make sure to keep your sword/dagger skill up. You'll need it for later on.
                    Really? I didnt know this, what do they need it for? Like, soloing and stuff?

Comment

You won't really need it until Maat fight, but then you can always easily join a coffer/skill-up PT --; (unless you were being sarcastic >.>)

Comment

Don't try to keep it up in exp parties. Its a waste of the parties time. Focus on your songs and healing. Its easier to skill it up later.

Comment

Originally posted by x1ang
                          You won't really need it until Maat fight, but then you can always easily join a coffer/skill-up PT --; (unless you were being sarcastic >.>)
                          ah, I forgot about that. XD And no I wasnt being sarcastic, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Aniclator
                            One expensive piece that you definatly need is Mary's Horn.
                            Disagree.... You dont' NEED it, although it's nice to have (I've never managed to get my hands on it). You can probably make the San D' Horn as a reasonable substitute, and if you can find a generous San d'orian during a good conquest tally, it shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on.
                            Forget Pebbles.. I'm a Galkan Monk - Give me a Couch to throw!

Comment

Question...how can the sandy horn replace mary's? Isn't mary's +lullaby and sandy +march? I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X