This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that has been on my mind.

I have been thinking about this for a long time. What does singing skill really do for a BRD? I mean does it help string and wind at all? Like does it have to do with them landing better? I really don't know what to do with it at this point. I have been getting a lot of merits. I upgraded it 3 times and I'm starting to think that I may have made a mistake. I just couldn't make up my mind on if I should cap Singing skill, or do something along the lines of doing 3 string and 3 wind and not doing anything to singing skill at all. SO what I'm asking is what do a lot of you all think I should do at this point?

You think you're the best, but there is always someone better.

Re: Something that has been on my mind.

My wife is my static BRD and from what we've seen, Singing skill only comes into play if you're not using an instrument. And besides the stat boosts on the instruments, the only difference we can see between the different ways to do songs (IE: Singing, String or Wind) is the area of effect. I think it's Singing=Close range Wind=Medium and String=Long. I could have String and Wind bassackwards tho. lol

I think items like the Chanters Staff and the Torque's/Earrings that boost singing skill we're geared more to those few that /brd like RDM's. So unless you use alot of singing w/o instruments, I'd pass on the merits for it and beef up Wind/String being that you'll put alot more use into those.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
    SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Last post is very off. Singing is used in all brd spells even if you use an instrument. It just has a much weaker effect than string or wind. I would recommend just putting more merits into string and wind now since they upped the merit limit and it will be much cheaper that way than maxing out one stat.
      Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Well this is what I think I'm going to do. Is do 4 singing and now string 2 and then wind 2.

You think you're the best, but there is always someone better.

Comment

Working...
        X